PDA

View Full Version : Price of Oil

starry
11-Oct-08, 10:28
I have noticed petrol prices coming down but has heating oil ?

I need to fill my tank sometime soon and am dreading it :~(

Rheghead
11-Oct-08, 10:36
If I were you I'd leave it for as long as possible as oil prices are on the downward trend from $145/bbl to $77/bbl and economists are predicting further drops. That doesn't mean that suppliers up here will drop their prices mind.:(

saffy100
11-Oct-08, 10:36
I know exactly what you mean, my last fill was over £700 and i have struggled to get it paid, i will need a fill soon and i don't know if they will deliver as i have a high balance on my account.

I have been walking round with layers on trying to keep the heating off!

starry
11-Oct-08, 10:41
Me too saffy, I am lucky I have a coal fire so I have just lit that and left the oil off.
There have been couple of times I have needed to put in on for an hour though as it has been freezing.
I have ordered hot water bottles as the bedrooms get freezing at night.

I feel like my granny ;)

Does anyone know how much a litre it is just now ?

footie chick
11-Oct-08, 10:53
I normally check out boilerjuice.com they give me a rough idea of prices but they are always more expensive than the local suppliers.

footie chick
11-Oct-08, 10:55
I know exactly what you mean, my last fill was over £700 and i have struggled to get it paid, i will need a fill soon and i don't know if they will deliver as i have a high balance on my account.

I have been walking round with layers on trying to keep the heating off!

Having it on account means you are paying more per litre than if you pay for it when you get it. I used to have the account and the bills were astonishing since then I have cancelled the account and pay on delivery.

highlander
11-Oct-08, 11:05
Was just reading this maybe answer your question.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1076194/Tesco-cuts-petrol-price-3p-slump-threatens-demand-oil.html

saffy100
11-Oct-08, 11:13
Having it on account means you are paying more per litre than if you pay for it when you get it. I used to have the account and the bills were astonishing since then I have cancelled the account and pay on delivery.

I wish i could pay £700 in one go, i maybe wouldn't be so worried about my bill if i had this kind of money on hand. But still i guess its the same with most things if you pay up front, but i'm afraid that i'm going to have to stick with my direct debit scheme for a while.

Although i have to say, when i used to get prices from simpsons, they didn't ask if i would be paying in one go or by account, they just gave me a price.

I need to win the lottery..lol

binbob
11-Oct-08, 11:18
did u have adirect debit account???

what was the difference in the price ,by paying as u got it??

thank u

footie chick
11-Oct-08, 11:18
I need to win the lottery..lol

Me too :lol: then we could have the heating on all the time.

footie chick
11-Oct-08, 11:21
did u have adirect debit account???

what was the difference in the price ,by paying as u got it??

thank u

One of the last times I phoned Scottish Fuels for a price they gave me a total which I paid then a couple of weeks later I got a bill with a balace of £60.00 to be paid. When I phoned and told them the price I was quoted and on what date {I always write it down and who I spoke to lol} they credited it.

The money's far better off with me than them lol.

Gizmo
11-Oct-08, 11:33
Yesterday at Simpsons Oil it was 48p for 500L or 46p for 1000L, that's a drop of 10p in the last month, which really peed me off, could have saved £50 if i'd waited :(

binbob
11-Oct-08, 14:54
One of the last times I phoned Scottish Fuels for a price they gave me a total which I paid then a couple of weeks later I got a bill with a balace of £60.00 to be paid. When I phoned and told them the price I was quoted and on what date {I always write it down and who I spoke to lol} they credited it.

The money's far better off with me than them lol.

thank u for that...

starry
11-Oct-08, 15:17
I will phone round next week and check prices.
I will weep for a week if I get it filled and then it drops a huge amount.

I didn't like the direct debits as I was then tied to that company, the difference between them is sometimes quite a lot.

Tristan
11-Oct-08, 16:57
That doesn't mean that suppliers up here will drop their prices mind.:(

I wonder if suppliers anywhere will. Or will it be that old excuse "it takes time to work through the system."

silverfox57
11-Oct-08, 18:47
Scottish fuels charged 53p a lt for 900 Lt's last week was told was good time to buy as they expect price to rise as demand will be greater in winter,work that out when market price of oil has nearly halved in one year,

riggerboy
13-Oct-08, 11:54
price of oil as of 1145 today is 43.7p per litre plus vat comes is at 46.169p per litre if you by a 1000 litres, £461.69 for a fill better than the last time as it over £600

starry
13-Oct-08, 12:14
Thanks Rigger, who is that with ?

footie chick
13-Oct-08, 12:39
Thanks Rigger, who is that with ?

Simpsons Oils the cheapest by far just placed my order.

riggerboy
13-Oct-08, 14:14
Simpsons Oils

bekisman
13-Oct-08, 15:47
Went into Simpson's Oils in Wick today and asked to get our tank topped up (well it's gonna go up 'aint it?) it'll be under 500ltr and told it's 47.57 a litre..

AND noticed that we paid 106.9 a litre for Unleaded at Tesco (mid-day today; 13th) after driving past Dunnets in Wick and theirs was £112.9 (!!!) - well suppose 'someone' must be buying it?

starry
13-Oct-08, 16:09
Thanks guys.
I am checking the tank everyday.

Valerie Campbell
14-Oct-08, 10:20
I've noticed a drop in quite a number of things, from fuel to bread. About time too. However I also hope they don't start rising the prices as winter approaches. It's always a bit of a worry.

oldmarine
14-Oct-08, 19:20
The price for auto fuel has been coming down here in Tucson, AZ. We have the lowest price in the states. I don't use oil for heating so can't speak for that.

Skerries
15-Oct-08, 07:46
I was looking at petrol prices on the A9 north of Inverness on Sunday. Tesco in Wick was cheaper than Alness, and (not surprisingly) Brora and Evelix. Just as well I didn't fill up!

Scout
15-Oct-08, 08:07
I would have a look at this web site you may find it useful http://www.oilpricecheck.co.uk/index.htm

molly
16-Oct-08, 13:21
Hi, just phoned Simpsons and their oil price today for 1200 litres if 41.5p plus vat. The price is coming down but like shares, not sure if to buy down and risk it going down further or sitting dithering until it goes up in price

starry
16-Oct-08, 15:08
I am exactly the same.

Tristan
16-Oct-08, 21:33
Let me set this one up for you.
As you all know the price of natural gas is tied to the price of oil.
I have just received a letter from my gas saying
"You may be aware of the recent media coverage highlighting the global increase in gas and oil prices...[prices had dramatically] increased between February 2007 and July 28th." They then go on to explain why they are going to increase prices. I find this very ironic considering oil prices are at a 13 month low and dropping.

Blazing Sporrans
17-Oct-08, 20:44
But the galling thing now is that the OPEC heads are talking about agreeing to a cut in production in order to push the price of a barrel back up. I just hope in my lifetime that the technology is there for stable and affordable renewables so that these people can live in the penury they deserve...

riggerboy
20-Oct-08, 12:08
price of oil as of 12 o`clock today (monday)
scottish fuels 45.4 pence per litre if ordering 1200 litres £545.20
simpsons oils 42.8 pence per litre if ordering 1200 litres £514.08 (down by 4p a litre in a week),

tonkatojo
20-Oct-08, 12:40
sky national news has just said Morrisons ASDA and BP have just reduced their petrol price to 97.9 pence per litre. no mention of TESCO as usual, they are never in the forefront droppin the price, just play catch up but never the full amount in CATHNESS I wonder why ??