PDA

View Full Version : Keep Cats of Grass....

ellimac
10-Oct-08, 12:24
Hi

Does anyone know what to use to keep cats of your grass?????

Any ideas would be appreciated....:Razz

Cheers

ocd
10-Oct-08, 12:39
I used to have one of these http://www.deteracat.co.uk/ultrasonic_cat_deterrent_system.htm. The only downfall with these are to be careful if you have young kids, their ears are more sensitive to high-pitched noises.

Otherwise, a cheaper alternative is old fizzy juice bottles de-labeled and filled with water.

Kevin Milkins
10-Oct-08, 12:45
There used to be a product that worked on a PIR system that would detect the heat and movment and would shoot a squirt of water.:eek:
Have not heared much about it since so perhaps it was rubbish:confused

changilass
10-Oct-08, 13:03
Buy a tiger, failing that a catapult and a handfull of pebbles usually does the trick. :lol:

Off to hide from LIZZ

TBH
10-Oct-08, 13:05
Have you tried a shotgun?[lol] <--Note: (smiley added to show I am joking.)

ellimac
10-Oct-08, 13:16
Hey

Yeah thought of both of the above, but I think if the Cats Protection find out I would get it in the neck....Lol.....

Tiger sounds good tho, love them........:lol:

JoeSoap
10-Oct-08, 13:35
We used to have "Scardy Cat" plants in the borders to keep them away. Seemed to work quite well.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/plants1/product/p1593/1.html

Scunner
10-Oct-08, 13:44
Scent-off made by Vitax works for dogs and supposed to work for cats as well. It really does stink, and I had to was clothes after I used it. The smell seemed to stick to everything. Will use disposable gloves next time.

philupmaboug
10-Oct-08, 14:03
Read somewhere that if you put plastic bottles filled with water lying around that cats are affraid of thier own reflection.... or did I dream it? worth a try as it is cheap.

Gizmo
10-Oct-08, 15:09
Our 3 Rabbits have free roam of the back garden and if any cats wander in to it they all gang up on the cat and chase it off, it's rather amusing to watch.

the second coming
10-Oct-08, 15:20
Have you tried a shotgun?[lol] <--Note: (smiley added to show I am joking.)

You beat me to it, but second option is to get a nice little terrier, can be a bit messy but guaranteed the former cats owner will never recognise whats left!! :D kidding of course!!

Rheghead
10-Oct-08, 15:24
Aw, let the poor moggies play on the grass yer spoil sports!

TBH
10-Oct-08, 15:33
You beat me to it, but second option is to get a nice little terrier, can be a bit messy but guaranteed the former cats owner will never recognise whats left!! :D kidding of course!!The garden owner is happy, the dog is happy, sorted.[lol]

joxville
10-Oct-08, 15:34
Hi

Does anyone know what to use to keep cats of your grass?????

Any ideas would be appreciated....:Razz

Cheers

Have you tried sending them to rehab? I know how you feel, it's expensive just buying it for oneself. [lol]

balto
10-Oct-08, 15:39
Our 3 Rabbits have free roam of the back garden and if any cats wander in to it they all gang up on the cat and chase it off, it's rather amusing to watch.
i have 3 rabbits that are the same, all of our cats are scared of them, as you say it is funny to watch.

balto
10-Oct-08, 15:41
Have you tried sending them to rehab? [lol]
like it well done lol[lol]

Tristan
11-Oct-08, 10:12
Have you tried sending them to rehab? I know how you feel, it's expensive just buying it for oneself. [lol]

Isn't that just for celebrity cats?:lol:

starry
11-Oct-08, 10:26
loving the rehab joke :D

I used this http://www.deteracat.co.uk/cat-repellent-crystals.html it seemed to work.

You can also buy pellets soaked in lion dung, they are supposed to work well, your average wee cat from nextdoor smells big jungle cat and stays away.
You can buy them here. http://www.garden4less.co.uk/cat-repellent.asp?partner=hw&gclid=CKPa7bjtnpYCFQuY1QodmUnniA

the second coming
11-Oct-08, 11:21

ha ha, had to do a double take there, first time I read Kebab!!!,thought thats a bit harsh, but then started thinking could you feed them up on the grass and create a new form of cosmic moggy??

Kodiak
11-Oct-08, 12:03
The Cheapest way to keep Cats out of a Garden is to place a strategic points a Orange Skin. Cats do not like the smell of oranges so they usually keep well away then.

ellimac
11-Oct-08, 12:19
Hiya

Thanks to you all for letting me know what to do, I have a few things to try now, so I'll see if they work....

Cheers :D

Rheghead
11-Oct-08, 12:44
The best way to keep cats off your lawn is to get a cat yersel, they are very territorial and won't let other cats come near and I'm sure Balmore would approve.

slinky
12-Oct-08, 18:42
plastic snakes kids toys ones few scattered about old man told me when he used to have pigeons he used them cats never came near garden again :)

bekisman
12-Oct-08, 20:10
A mention's been made of ultrasonic devices, going off-post a bit, anyone heard of similar to keep sheep out of garden? the cat/dog/ type don't work..