PDA

View Full Version : Things that made us feel better.

cuddlepop
09-Oct-08, 20:38
feeling sorry for myself,have got another cold probably the first of many and was thinking back to the good old days......

Mum or dad would make me a hot lemonade drink and somehow that made me feel better.

I've got Morgan's @Coke already made up in a bottle, maybe I should just heat it up like a hot toddy?:D

Well what use to make you feel better when you were wee and poorly.?

the charlatans
09-Oct-08, 20:42
tattie soup and the cosy blanket in mums sitting room.
actually, it still makes me feel better.

Alice in Blunderland
09-Oct-08, 20:46
I remember when I was a kid when i had measles dad sitting with me and giving me American cream soda .

It was the only thing I could take as i was quite ill but boy it made me feel so much better .....or maybe it was the hug from my dad as well. :D

teenybash
09-Oct-08, 20:49
:D....My dads smile while he reached for his accordian or banjo to blast away the blues and my mums homemade soup.....:p

cuddlepop
09-Oct-08, 21:04
when i was starting to feel better I got an Aulds snowball as a treat .
They use to just crumble in your mouth so delicious:D

aye,mum and dad just being there for an extra hug was just magic.

Tristan
09-Oct-08, 21:04
Cambell's Chicken Noodle Soup and if the tummy was not right Canada Dry Ginger Ale...the ginger in it really helps.

Bobinovich
09-Oct-08, 22:15
feeling sorry for myself,have got another cold probably the first of many and was thinking back to the good old days......

Mum or dad would make me a hot lemonade drink and somehow that made me feel better.

I've got Morgan's @Coke already made up in a bottle, maybe I should just heat it up like a hot toddy?:D

Well what use to make you feel better when you were wee and poorly.?

I'm with you CP - I managed to clear my 'man flu' in just 3 nights with lemsip, double Morgans, honey, a teaspoon of sugar & hot water. Was wonderful :D!

Rheghead
09-Oct-08, 23:15
Chopped up boiled eggs in a cup.

Anne x
09-Oct-08, 23:17
Toast every time and a cuddle :lol:

youoldduffer
09-Oct-08, 23:56
Chicken soup and a JD:D

Sapphire2803
10-Oct-08, 00:14

With butter and salt and pepper?

That's what my Dad used to make for me :D

brokencross
10-Oct-08, 06:58

A greatly underrated comfort food.

My mam and dad also used to make me a "whisked egg" drink. I think it consisted of a raw egg, some sugar and some milk all whisked up. Mmmm.

If we were a bit down first thing in the morning you would get the "top of the bottle of milk", MMmmm some more.

Ash
10-Oct-08, 07:26
when i got my tonsils out my mum used to put mashed up boiled eggs in a bowl with some butter salt and pepper, it was soo good