PDA

View Full Version : The Big Question

rob murray
09-Oct-08, 12:55
Following the news on the financial meltdown and the recent government interventions, has anyone else noticed everyone avoiding addressing the key question...what happens if the intervention doesnt work / and where do we go from here ?

justine
09-Oct-08, 12:58
we go to plan B..:eek::confused

Phoebus_Apollo
09-Oct-08, 13:19
If society crumbles and leaves us all stranded in limbo then I propose a new world underground.

brokencross
09-Oct-08, 13:29
we go to plan B..:eek::confused

B....being for BROKE

rob murray
09-Oct-08, 13:37
we go to plan B..:eek::confused i

Well thats the point....no mention of plan b that Ive heard ...because maybe there isnt...our government knows the true picture as regards bank debt, so does the market...why do you think the RBS was targeted....and ultimatly how do banks deal with their mortgage debts...answer nothings thats because of mortgage defaulter ...so can the debts ( into trillions ) be cleared up and who by...governments and taxpayers...but is there enough money..if theres not..what then...I feel the reason PLan B has not been raised is because there isnt one

Angela
09-Oct-08, 13:45
There's a Plan B? :confused

I don't think so! :eek:

Kodiak
09-Oct-08, 14:00
There's a Plan B? :confused

I don't think so! :eek:

This IS Plan B, Plan A Failed

teenybash
09-Oct-08, 14:25
Plan B.................??????:confused
The value of Sterling probably will go down as it certainly cannot go up!!!!
We could end up with the pound in our pockets being no better than monopoly money..........which is the way bankers have treated monies,supposedly, in their safe keeping.[disgust]

hotrod4
09-Oct-08, 17:35
I didnt know we are in financial trouble. I have been too busy sunning myself in Uganda with all the monies I have stolen from orgers bunk accounts!!!

(Maybe thats why theres a crisis!!!!)

fingalmacool
09-Oct-08, 17:55
Correct me if i'm wrong but the current crisis seems to smack of ground hog day, i believe that back in 1929 a then president Herbert Hoover tried to do what i believe Mr brown is doing by pumping loads of cash into the system to shore it up and save the economy, and what happened then,,,well the great depression of course and America didn't recover until the second world war:confused

rich
09-Oct-08, 18:24
Wasn't it Karl Marx who forecast the leap from the realm of neccesity to the realm of freedom?
It's a great idea. This could be it!
Really, we have all the stuff we need. We have the productive capacity to satisfy all of our wants and a ton of consumer goods as well. But what we are not good at is organizing. So we hand out cheques and bank note and gold bars essentially to decide who gets what and why.
It's the why that is the contentious issue here. Why should other people have more than, I - a jaguar motor or a first edition of Proust? The idea that they work harder than me is true as far as it goes.I am a lazy git. But why should I be shut out of the higher consumerism?
The stuff is all there why can't we just access it?
Now that would be a revolution - the final revolution, the last one we will ever need.
Against this eminently sensible approach to things comes the knucke dragging, semi-criminalized neanderthals who strut and gobble in their trading roosts on Bay Street. (THat's the Toronto business area in case you didn't know but they are the same all over the planet). )
These dung beetle economists - this nest of thieves - have finally overturned the apple cart and they are scurrying around trying to put things together again.
What we have to realize is the utter artificiality of this "crisis."
So here's what we do:
GIve the people back their homes.
Make it a law that everyone work no more three mornings a week.
Make it compulsory for everyone to have a useful trade like plumbing or carpentry
Drastically restrict the use of the automobile.
Make medical care free for everyone.
Reintroduce private distilling for anyone in Scotland who wants to create their own single malt.
Abolish the political classes - give each one a sack of potatoes and exile them to Betty Hill. for life. IN other words we'll reverse the Clearances.
Now I am away to gather in some barley for GLENRICH.
Long live the revolution!

EDDIE
09-Oct-08, 18:55
Following the news on the financial meltdown and the recent government interventions, has anyone else noticed everyone avoiding addressing the key question...what happens if the intervention doesnt work / and where do we go from here ?

I wouldnt worry about it because there is nothing u or me can do about it only thing i would say to u if you have over £50000 in the bank then u better start hiding your money under the floorboards

brokencross
10-Oct-08, 06:51
There is a silver lining to all this; due to the global economic crisis and the distinct threat of a worldwide recession resulting in less demand for oil, the price has sneaked down to $83 per barrel which hopefully will soon work its way through to the pump price.

rob murray
10-Oct-08, 17:10
Wasn't it Karl Marx who forecast the leap from the realm of neccesity to the realm of freedom?
It's a great idea. This could be it!
Really, we have all the stuff we need. We have the productive capacity to satisfy all of our wants and a ton of consumer goods as well. But what we are not good at is organizing. So we hand out cheques and bank note and gold bars essentially to decide who gets what and why.
It's the why that is the contentious issue here. Why should other people have more than, I - a jaguar motor or a first edition of Proust? The idea that they work harder than me is true as far as it goes.I am a lazy git. But why should I be shut out of the higher consumerism?
The stuff is all there why can't we just access it?
Now that would be a revolution - the final revolution, the last one we will ever need.
Against this eminently sensible approach to things comes the knucke dragging, semi-criminalized neanderthals who strut and gobble in their trading roosts on Bay Street. (THat's the Toronto business area in case you didn't know but they are the same all over the planet). )
These dung beetle economists - this nest of thieves - have finally overturned the apple cart and they are scurrying around trying to put things together again.
What we have to realize is the utter artificiality of this "crisis."
So here's what we do:
GIve the people back their homes.
Make it a law that everyone work no more three mornings a week.
Make it compulsory for everyone to have a useful trade like plumbing or carpentry
Drastically restrict the use of the automobile.
Make medical care free for everyone.
Reintroduce private distilling for anyone in Scotland who wants to create their own single malt.
Abolish the political classes - give each one a sack of potatoes and exile them to Betty Hill. for life. IN other words we'll reverse the Clearances.
Now I am away to gather in some barley for GLENRICH.
Long live the revolution!

Lol lol lol excellent my man !

Tristan
11-Oct-08, 09:54
There is a silver lining to all this; due to the global economic crisis and the distinct threat of a worldwide recession resulting in less demand for oil, the price has sneaked down to $83 per barrel which hopefully will soon work its way through to the pump price.

Someone on the BBC radio calculated that with exchange rates etc the price od diesel should be around 96p / liter now.

tootler
11-Oct-08, 21:49
Rich has got it spot on!

Always look on the bright side of life - if the poor souls who work the Stock Market had managed to follow this one simple rule, they wouldn't be in this mess now. Fear's a terrible thing to be avoided at all costs! :roll:

Look for the "opportunity" in the "crisis" - there always is one. In fact, I believe the Chinese only have the one word to cover both situations... I guess they'll be the winners if the world economy continues the way it's heading just now![lol]

So what's plan B? Smile! That's it... no need for a plan C.

Bad Manners
12-Oct-08, 10:35
One thing that is certain All of us who dont have a lot will be in the same position those that have a little might loose it and those will all the money will still be on top. the rest is all decoration one thing for sure for the near future we are not going to be any better off

Tristan
12-Oct-08, 15:37
They may choose to print more money...here is the latest design they are trialing.
http://www.z24.nl/multimedia/dynamic/00027/dollar469-204_27565b.jpg

Tristan
13-Oct-08, 06:50
Seems the government is going ahead and "buying out" some of the UK's top banks.

cd1977
13-Oct-08, 09:48
It's a rich man's problem.

In other words, who cares?