PDA

View Full Version : Minibus

Moonboots
09-Oct-08, 10:03
Hi,

I am in need of a Minibus for hire or a lend to take a youth football team to a tournament in april next year.

Does anyone know anybody who could supply this through goodwill or by hire.

It would be a 4 day lease/hire.

Thanks in advance
Paul

pat
09-Oct-08, 10:55
don't the Sports Council have a mini bus for hire - check with them. Contact them through Council offices I think.

Sairheed
10-Oct-08, 07:37
Suggest you contact West Caithness Community Transport - administered through the Caithness Rural Transport office 01955605588

dirdyweeker
10-Oct-08, 15:02
http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=999

Mini bus advertised here for hire. Good luck!

Moonboots
10-Oct-08, 15:04
Thanks for the help so far.

I have contacted the sports council and still havnt had any word back.
CC Transport.. I will contact them and ask thanks.

Do you know if any company would sponsor us a minbus.
I know that dounreay have vans with their names on it but if they had a minibus then this would be good for advertising.

I dont mean buy a minibus but provide us with it for that weekend

jay
10-Oct-08, 15:23
unfortunately in this day and age with the insurance implications, I doubt if any company would be able to help. good luck tho'. Incidentaly community education in Wick used to have a minibus - don't know if they still do

rs 2k
10-Oct-08, 15:28
Hi there

If u r stuck Richards garage hires out a mini bus its 70 pounds a day tho

Kodiak
11-Oct-08, 16:20
I honestly believe the best way is through the either :-

Caithness Sports Council

Or

Highland Council through Community Education.

I have hired a Mini Bus from both organisations, although this was some time ago.

The way they worked it then was that someone from your organisation had to sit a small driving test to ensure that the person driving was able to drive a Min Bus.

Also thay used to charge you so much per mile and not a flat rate. On saying that this fee was fully inclusive of all fuel as they suppiled you with a Cahrge Card to buy all the fuel and all you were required to pay was the price per mile for the milage you used, which was charged after you came back.

I once had the Community Educatin Mini Bus for 3 Weeks and the Milage charge was just over £400.00 which is a Bargain compared to commercial organisations. But as I said this was about 7 or 8 years ago so it might all be changed now. I still think it is worth making enquiries to up to date information though.

herenow
11-Oct-08, 17:26
George Dunnett the funeral directors hire mini busses and drivers! They have lovely new busses and their drivers are all great!

You should give them a try!!

Moonboots
11-Oct-08, 18:15
Thanks for all your help so far.

Hopefully i will get a minibus but its worth looking at all options.

Cheers

Tristan
11-Oct-08, 19:15
You should consider doing the Council bus test yourself...who knows when you will need it again.

dragonfly
11-Oct-08, 19:33
what about Thurso High School or North Highland College?

Moonboots
11-Oct-08, 22:21
I will contact the high school and college to see what they can offer.

The main point is that we need the minibus for 4 days but the distance is the worst part. We are travelling to Blackpool which is just less than 500 miles which means around a 1000 miles journey.

Im just trying to find the cheapest option.

I might just do the test for the sports council anyway