PDA

View Full Version : Help with a present!!

herenow
08-Oct-08, 19:30
Can anyone think of something to buy for a man who has no hobbies for a birthday pressi (49), im really stuck with this one, and its his birthday tomorro although i sont need the pressi till sunday!!

Anyone bought anyone something nice, something unusual or anything at all for that fact!!

Please help!

Westsider3
08-Oct-08, 21:32
How about a magazine subscription. We have done that for a few friends and it is great because they get their present all year round!! And delivered to their door!

Tristan
08-Oct-08, 21:54
Gift certificate? Adventure day? Good malt?

dirdyweeker
08-Oct-08, 22:00
How about a voucher for 'Maggies' to have a relaxing massage!

Certainly would be different.:lol:

pat
09-Oct-08, 09:00
give a voucher for flying lesson or trip with the flying folk at Wick airport - will get a different perspective of Caithness from a fairly low level.

A voucher for one of the sea tours - how many Caithness folk have been on one, it is something they will get around to at some time - again a different perspective of Caithness, see it from a visitors viewpoint.

A relaxing weekend - down at Latheron? to the B&B that got some good write ups on here a few months ago, go to B&B up west for a short break - not far to go but getting away from it all.

Buy any of the Caithness books, CDs or DVDs which are bound to be coming out in time for Christmas.

Take him out for a meal for somewhere you want to try but have not got around to yet.

Cook a meal at home, serving all things preferred by oh.

What about a day together with the phones and doorbell switched off - relaxing, going for a walk, taking things easy - switch off day in more ways than one.

Kevin Milkins
09-Oct-08, 09:34
How about a magazine subscription. We have done that for a few friends and it is great because they get their present all year round!! And delivered to their door!

I like that idea.:Razz

mccaugm
09-Oct-08, 09:40
My mum is currently doing that for myself, hubby and various others....the gift that keeps on giving...so to speak.

jock leith
10-Oct-08, 08:40
Get him a hobby horse ????

"I tried daydreaming,but my mind kept wandering":lol: