PDA

View Full Version : I Am Cured

brokencross
08-Oct-08, 07:18
I had the slightly naughty habit of having my lunchtime sandwich and sometimes my tea on my lap in front of the TV (never allowed it when the children were small, but they have moved on)

However, I shan't be doing it again... What has stopped me?.. A simple TV advert.

There I was, happily putting my finely grated Parmesan cheese on to the nicest SpagBog you can imagine and then it appeared, the TV advert for the Ped Egg.

Bad enough to have a close up of someone "grating" the hard skin on their feet while you are having your tea, but to then see the Ped Egg opened up and them tipping the dead, finely grated skin powder in the bin. Was enough to put me off my Parmesan covered SpagBog.......YEEEUUKK!!

justine
08-Oct-08, 09:43
damn good job you did not have smellavision aswell, parmesan and sweaty feet, close resemblence:eek:

The Angel Of Death
08-Oct-08, 10:18
The smell always reminded me of baby puke

justine
08-Oct-08, 10:24

have to agree unless its soya based milk, then that smells worse.

skinnydog
08-Oct-08, 10:30
I hate the smell of Basmati rice cooking. It reminds me of sweaty feet......

The Angel Of Death
08-Oct-08, 10:30
Always thought that kid puke just smelt bad regardless of what went "into" the manufacturing of it

Tristan
08-Oct-08, 10:38
Good, fresh grated parmesan...lovely.

Tristan
08-Oct-08, 10:39
have to agree unless its soya based milk, then that smells worse.

Can it be made with soya milk? I thought it was one of those protected names - it must be made in the region, following certain rules etc.

justine
08-Oct-08, 11:01
Can it be made with soya milk? I thought it was one of those protected names - it must be made in the region, following certain rules etc.

Not that i know of, i was meaning the smell of baby puke if the child is on soya products.My kids have mainly had soya instead of baby formula and it smells like parmesan.

Julia
08-Oct-08, 11:48
I've got a ped egg, it's not that great and I certainly didn't pay the £39 they are asking for it on TV, mine was off ebay for about £3.

Back to topic though it certainly does remind you of parmesan cheese, personally I find dead skin scrapings preferably to parmesan [lol]

The Angel Of Death
08-Oct-08, 11:50
The question is though do you use the "leftovers" for spare Parmesan cheese ?

rockchick
08-Oct-08, 12:00

The pre-grated packaged parmesan DOES smell like baby puke - can't stand it at all - but if you get a block of parmesan cheese and grate it fresh when you need it, it doesn't smell like that at all. It's quite lovely, actually. Unfortunately the expense of block parmesan puts people off buying it, but I think it's worth it. and it lasts a long time if you wrap it and keep it in the fridge.

Angela
08-Oct-08, 12:08
The pre-grated packaged parmesan DOES smell like baby puke - can't stand it at all - but if you get a block of parmesan cheese and grate it fresh when you need it, it doesn't smell like that at all. It's quite lovely, actually. Unfortunately the expense of block parmesan puts people off buying it, but I think it's worth it. and it lasts a long time if you wrap it and keep it in the fridge.

That's what I do, rockchick. Freshly 'shaved' parmesan -not grated too small - is so tasty you don't need to use a lot and a block keeps for ages in the fridge. :) It can work out no more expensive, or even cheaper, in the end.

It bears virtually no resemblance to the ready grated stuff which smells just vile and really only tastes of cardboard -imo! :lol:

dirdyweeker
08-Oct-08, 12:32
Had to Google a 'ped egg' as had never heard of it before! Think I will stick to a Pumice stone. :D

Angela
08-Oct-08, 12:48
Had to Google a 'ped egg' as had never heard of it before! Think I will stick to a Pumice stone. :D

I googled it too, dirdyweeker, and I'll be sticking to my trusty, very old pumice stone as well.

It does the job just fine -my feet are really rather smooooooooth! ;)

brokencross
08-Oct-08, 21:09
Think I will stick to a Pumice stone. :D

Where does the "parmesan" go with a pumice stone??

justine
09-Oct-08, 13:01
maybe rubbed on after pumicing your feet, it may help with the burning sensation after rubbing off all that hard dry skin:eek: