PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC - Black Ice

Gizmo
07-Oct-08, 23:42
What a hugely disappointing album, the first 5 tracks are great, then it's all down hill from there, no spark, no passion, no good riffs, just 10 tracks of the same dull bluesy plodding rubbish that clogged up most of Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip :(

Metalattakk
08-Oct-08, 00:09
Ach, let's face it though, AC/DC haven't really done a truly great album since "Back in Black".

Sure, there have been highlights over the years - "Thunderstruck" and some others that slip my mind (not a good sign) for instance, but I think to expect anything other than more of the same ol' thing is ultimately going to lead to disappointment.

Anyway, just got my hands on the new one, so will post my opinion of it in a while. As I said, I'm not expecting U2 or Shania Twain, I'm expecting more of the same ol' same ol'.

Thank Jebus for Bon Scott, and the brilliantly powerful (truly powerful, not the massively distorted guitar sounds of the Brian Johnson era) bluesy, slightly overdiven stuff they did back then.

I may have to listen to "Dirty Deeds" before I give the new one a go. Just for comparison's sake. :D

Metalattakk
08-Oct-08, 01:48
Just gave the new AC/DC album a listen.

Gizmo's right. It's not very good, or original. At best, it's acceptable fare from the rock legends. There's nothing surprising, there's a couple of decent tracks, but that's it.

BonsBalls
09-Oct-08, 19:37
The new AC/DC album is the best they have done in years with Brian showing how good a singer he is really is especially considering he is now 61....Bring on the tour next year so can see them for 4th time:)

zappster
09-Oct-08, 19:58
I'm really struggling with this one as well...but it might grow on me yet....maybe!

BonsBalls
09-Oct-08, 20:02
After few listens its great ...track 4 anything goes is the catchiest most commercial tune they done in years where Brian shows is vocal capabilities

rangers1873
10-Oct-08, 14:20
think it is a brillant album. some really good tunes on it. wish people would stop bringing up the bon scott thing, yes bon was brilliant , but brian deserves some credit aswell. for god sake he been with the band 28 years and people still slate him and bring the bonn thing up.are people not forgetting whos voice is on black in black, one of the best selling albums ever.