PDA

View Full Version : entertainment

wicker
13-Jan-06, 11:25
Hi, just looking for some suggestions of something fun to do this weekend. Im sick of doing same things up here which just include a look down street in afternoon and then sit watch dull tv at night, pub im not interested in at all 25 and not interested in drink the worlds going mad hehe.
Was thinking bout jumping in car and driving but where too?? Any sort of suggestions please will be off major help

caithnessgirl
13-Jan-06, 11:27
how far you planning to go? you on your own? are you male or female?

DW
13-Jan-06, 12:37
how far you planning to go? you on your own? are you male or female?
How far?
How far???
New thread needed - looking for a lumber - help wanted

krieve
13-Jan-06, 14:23
Take yourself to the cinema or go to inverness ice skating ,shopping,bowling or if you want to go a drive somewhere different why dont you get a map close your eyes point to somewhere open your eyes see where it is and go but make sure its a map of scotland or highlands depending how far you want to go.

katarina
13-Jan-06, 14:36
If the weather is reasonable I often take a drive to Duncansbay and have a walk down round the stacks, dog in tow. wonderful view, marvelous fresh air, totally invigorating, followed by a cup of mocca in John O'groats cafe. In the summer time a wild life cruise or a bit of white water rafting fairly gets the andrenaline pumping. Better than any pub crawl!
And when I'm bored with that - there's hundreds of walks in Caithness!

krieve
13-Jan-06, 14:46
If the weather is reasonable I often take a drive to Duncansbay and have a walk down round the stacks, dog in tow. wonderful view, marvelous fresh air, totally invigorating, followed by a cup of mocca in John O'groats cafe. In the summer time a wild life cruise or a bit of white water rafting fairly gets the andrenaline pumping. Better than any pub crawl!
And when I'm bored with that - there's hundreds of walks in Caithness!
That white water rafting is brill we went on it four of us at first then we went back on it with 12 of us i was at the front it was choppy what a laugh . The first time we went on it they let my man drive the boat and told him how to do different stunts he loved it, but you do look like a fool with the yellow waterproofs on lol and remember to hold on tight.

katarina
13-Jan-06, 14:54
That white water rafting is brill we went on it four of us at first then we went back on it with 12 of us i was at the front it was choppy what a laugh . The first time we went on it they let my man drive the boat and told him how to do different stunts he loved it, but you do look like a fool with the yellow waterproofs on lol and remember to hold on tight.

They let my seven year old grandson drive! That was more scary than anything!

wicker
13-Jan-06, 15:24
Yeah i think nice scenic walk will be it for me, my favourite place is the strath in dunbeath just the scenery and everything around it so quiet and peacefull, can totally chill out with it.

So wheres everyone elses favourite places to walk better topic i think than entertainment

pedromcgrory
13-Jan-06, 16:37
lochinver is nice for views and walks

carasmam
13-Jan-06, 16:40
Dunbeath Strath is beautiful, was gonna suggest it :o) The Backies big burn walk at Golspie is lovely too, works up an appetite for a chippie before you come back up the road :D

dirdyweeker
13-Jan-06, 22:01
can spend hours walking around Dunnet Forest or a short walk along the North Baths and round the head.

Rheghead
13-Jan-06, 22:06
Hi, just looking for some suggestions of something fun to do this weekend. Im sick of doing same things up here which just include a look down street in afternoon and then sit watch dull tv at night, pub im not interested in at all 25 and not interested in drink the worlds going mad hehe.
Was thinking bout jumping in car and driving but where too?? Any sort of suggestions please will be off major help

Why don't you apply for one of the positions in the volunteering opportunities section of this forum? Even if it means doing some driving for people with MS, it does sound like fun to me and you will get to meet some folk that you wouldn't normally meet:)

connieb19
13-Jan-06, 22:27
Was thinking bout jumping in car and driving but where too?? Any sort of suggestions please will be off major helpWhats wrong with sitting on Caithness.Org all weekend!!!.....lol :)

melted_wellie
13-Jan-06, 23:16
Whats wrong with sitting on Caithness.Org all weekend!!!.....lol :)well,apart from it being as dull as the weather sometimes.......nothing i guess.

sadam
14-Jan-06, 00:22
hi there

If you like down Dunbeath how about a walk up Morven on a nice summers day the scenic root of course.

caithnessgirl
14-Jan-06, 13:02
How far?
How far???
New thread needed - looking for a lumber - help wanted

WHAT?!

i was just asking how far he/she was planning to go...ie stay in Caithness, go to Inverness or further?!