PDA

View Full Version : S.a.d

Chillie
13-Jan-06, 09:54
I was reading an article in the paper about S.A.D Seasonal Affective Disorder, where the long dark nights and especially the dark winter mornings really depresses you, gets you down, you feel lazy can't be botherd doing anything, just want to stay in bed all day.

I feel like that!

Does any body else feel like that, whats the cure for?:roll:

laguna2
13-Jan-06, 09:56
Buy a daylight bulb and use it. I did that a few years ago and it honestly worked!

bigjjuk
13-Jan-06, 10:20
well a good dram always helps those dark nites fly by. Otherwise I heard exercise takes your mind of it and build self esteem

paris
13-Jan-06, 11:45
I think everyone feels a bit down after xmas, money worries, cold damp , dark nights,ect the thing that makes me feel better is seeing the first daffodils of spring, i know summer is on the way then.
Being a biker this weather does nothing for me but cant wait for the long summer nights and the cool breeze in my face. Wont be long now!!! YIPPI !!

porshiepoo
13-Jan-06, 12:14
I think everyone feels a bit down after xmas, money worries, cold damp , dark nights,ect the thing that makes me feel better is seeing the first daffodils of spring, i know summer is on the way then.
Being a biker this weather does nothing for me but cant wait for the long summer nights and the cool breeze in my face. Wont be long now!!! YIPPI !!

Take it you've sorted out them old saddle bags then Paris! [lol]

Jeid
13-Jan-06, 12:17
I'm sure the first Monday in February is supposed to be one of the most depressing days of the year. Supposed to pick up from then on though.

Whitewater
13-Jan-06, 12:44
Always find mid January to mid February the most depressing time, fed up with the long dark nights and miserable grey days by then, seem to perk up in mid Feb as the days get noticably longer and we have the promise of summer. Always find a good walk on a frosty day acts as a great tonic and blows the cobwebs away, brightens me up for a few days.

weeboyagee
13-Jan-06, 13:10
well a good dram always helps those dark nites fly by
Just the ONE dram?.......

Being a biker this weather does nothing for me but cant wait for the long summer nights and the cool breeze in my face
Me too! Not a biker but car doesn't get subjected to the salt and other mess spread on the roads just now...can't wait to have the windows down and the roof off and the warm summer breeze blasting about the loogs (of course, that won't be in Caithness where it's wind and rain!!....though quite mild just now, eh?) :D:

WBG :cool:

paris
13-Jan-06, 13:25
My saddlebags are just fine porshie !!

carasmam
13-Jan-06, 16:51
My remedy is a good long walk, plenty daylight and make sure you get enough vitamin b and c

Chillie
13-Jan-06, 17:16
Take it you've sorted out them old saddle bags then Paris! [lol]

I only asked a simple question about S.A.D, so why oh why do have to go and try to change the thread to suit yourself about some smelly old saddlebags(sorry paris), if you can't answer the thread with anything relevant to the the thread then why bother.(yes you can go and bad rep me but i am only stating the truth):mad:

weeboyagee
13-Jan-06, 18:03
Whoah there Dumbo my friend! It's Friday,....don't let the blood boil at gas mark 6, it's not good for you!

Threads quite often come off the rails on this forum - just have a look at the ones me, golach, gleber2 and the rest of the motley crew have been adding to today - we've nearly taken every train off the track!

The threads usually manage to return to the main stream......check carasmam.....she returned the thread back to it's roots no probs! Stay cool and have a good weekend - keep posting! :)

WBG :cool:

Astra
13-Jan-06, 18:08
I seem to feel like that i go off in the morning it's dark and come home at night it's dark it's depressing but what cheers me up is seeing my kids .It put the smile back on my face.

angela5
13-Jan-06, 18:24
:grin: The weather never changes how i feel i'm so glad every morning i wake up and i've been blessed with another day.

Donnie
13-Jan-06, 18:36
The Natural Light Alarm clocks are very good. They help wake you up with light rather than being dragged out of your pit by that annoying buzzing sound we all hate. You can get them from various sites like the ones below or like me you could get it from ebay.

http://www.bodykind.com/productindex/RefererxGoogle_natural%20light%20alarm%20clocks/PartnerIDx6/CatIDx67/productindex.htm

paris
13-Jan-06, 18:53
Chill Dumbo!, that reply from porshie was a dig at me and my large thighs when rideing a bike. I told porshie i will be visiting caithness when the weather is nicer. I think this time of year everyone gets a bit fed up so a little joke goes along way for some.
Lighten up ...summer will soon be here !

connieb19
13-Jan-06, 19:01
When I feel low , I always give myself a good shake to remind myself just how lucky I am really. My only worry is the few extra lb's i've put on over the Christmas period. What's the point in worrying about money,work ect... It's not going to change anything. Dumbo you should go for a long walk long te beach..you can borrow my dog if you like..it really does help.:D

melted_wellie
13-Jan-06, 23:06
Just the ONE dram?.......

Me too! Not a biker but car doesn't get subjected to the salt and other mess spread on the roads just now...can't wait to have the windows down and the roof off and the warm summer breeze blasting about the loogs (of course, that won't be in Caithness where it's wind and rain!!....though quite mild just now, eh?) :D:

WBG :cool:windows doon,roof off,theres only one word to describe people that drive cars like that...........

landmarker
13-Jan-06, 23:11
Sunlight stimulates chemicals which light up the pleasure pathways in the brain. I miss it, I'm sure we all do. It has been very very dull here lately.
Lots of cloud. Ceratonin is one of the chemicals which sunlight stimulates.
It lifts gloom. Chocolate has the same effect.
Recently a study reported sunlight, contrary to recent trends was influential in the prevention of cancer.
I dislike this time of year but have decided that in wanting January & February to pass quickly I'm wishing my life away. I could just do with a bit more sun.

connieb19
13-Jan-06, 23:18
Would going on a sunbed a couple of times a week help?

landmarker
13-Jan-06, 23:20
Would going on a sunbed a couple of times a week help?

I wouldn't go anywhere near one of those myself Connie.
They should carry a health warning.
A light box is a better idea.

(or a block of Bournville)

melted_wellie
13-Jan-06, 23:21
I wouldn't go anywhere near one of those myself Connie.
They should carry a health warning.
A light box is a better idea.

(or a block of Bournville)the sun bed does help with depression,its been clinically proven

Drutt
13-Jan-06, 23:35
the sun bed does help with depression,its been clinically proven
Aye, and clinically proven to be linked with skin cancer too. [smirk]

krieve
13-Jan-06, 23:58
I hate when it is dull all day like it was today it's soooo depressing you can't get motivated.