because they can?

ice box
13-Jan-06, 00:11
I see scientists have now developed flourescent pigs!!!:eyes
Does anyone know why they would want to do this?:confused:
So the farmers can see them in the dark lol

connieb19
13-Jan-06, 00:15
So the farmers can see them in the dark lolI think you're right actually.... they glow from the inside out too.:confused:
They have green trotters and snouts and in daylight look quite normal, just a tinge of green.:eyes Whatever next???

ice box
13-Jan-06, 00:19
Mmm glow in the dark sausages handy for when the light in the fridge does'nt work

angela5
13-Jan-06, 01:17
I see scientists have now developed flourescent pigs!!!:eyes
Does anyone know why they would want to do this?:confused:

have they? do they fly.

ice box
13-Jan-06, 01:27
have they? do they fly.
One step at a time poo poo we still have to see them light up yet

George Brims
13-Jan-06, 01:44
There was an item in the news recently about a woman who found pork chops glowing in the dark in her fridge. Apparently some bacteria that can infest raw meat glow in the dark. The woman was advised to throw out the meat as the glow in the dark stage is just when the stuff is about to go off. The poor woman was imagining radioactive contamination or chemical waste or something so she called the police! Some scientist quoted on the news said it's actually quite common.

I know they have spliced the glow in the dark gene into other things before. I remember seeing pictures of tobacco plants and frogs glowing.

Wouldn't it be handy if all food glowed right before it was unfit for consumption? I'm especially thinking of the leftover Christmas turkey!

katarina
13-Jan-06, 10:47
maybe that was what was wrong with rheghead's fairy!