PDA

View Full Version : Planning Permission/Builders

BertoBear
06-Oct-08, 19:11
We are planning building a new house and don't really know where to start. We have to decroft the ground for a start.

Would you:

1) Get a company such as Norscot to do your plans and submit them (I know that they will not do the decrofting part). Also get Norscot to provide and erect the kit to wind and water proof stage. Then find a builder who will undertake the rest.

2) Go to an architect and get them to do plans for you. Attempt to decroft and apply for planning permssion yourself. Then find a builder who will build a non standard kit.

3) Get the plans drawn by an architect then hire a company/person to decroft and submit the planning permssion. I would maybe then attempt
to get a builder myself after all the messy bits have been done.

Any recommendations would be appreciated as we would really like to get this project off the ground soon.

Thanks

south view 7
06-Oct-08, 19:43
i would recomend no.2 as i have just done this.......

loneranger
06-Oct-08, 21:42
i'm just building a house just now!

we got our kit from norscot. which they made to our design. and was very happy with the service we got. the kit comes with every thing down to the last nail!

we erected the kit ourselves, 4 of us did it in a day better to have sum 1 that has a bit of an idea about it!

and we've got a builder then to do all building work!

david
07-Oct-08, 09:33
The first thing to do is decroft, otherwise without this direction the rest of your plans are pie in the sky. This normally takes around 6 weeks and in most cases is straight forward. I hope this helps.

Happy Gilmour
14-Oct-08, 12:41
I don't think you can decroft the land until such times as you have outline or full planning permission approved.