PDA

View Full Version : Table Names for wedding

nicnic74
06-Oct-08, 18:08
Could anybody help me, im getting married in a cple of weeks & we have now decided that we want to name each table that our guests are sitting at, we would like to have names that have something to do with caithness any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanxs

Thumper
06-Oct-08, 18:25
Hi there,why not have things like Duncansby,Noss,Pentland,Whaligoe or places that mean something to you....like somewhere you went when you were "courtin" x

percy toboggan
06-Oct-08, 18:52
Good idea.

I recently renovated two garden benches - rather ornate. I applied station nameplates to them and whenever I look upon 'em now I'm transported to those places in my mind and my mush takes on a contented , inane smile.

Why not get one o'them sound effect tapes from the library and have a howling gale blowin' as the guests arrive! ;-)

Julia
06-Oct-08, 18:57
Duncansby
Oldwick
Reiss
Keiss
Nybster
Lybster
Occumster
Stirkoke
Bilbster
Papigoe
Staxigoe
Thrumster
Sarclet
Milton
Haster
Watten
Glengolly
Janetstown
Pulteney

to name but a few places, not sure what other theme you could use

dirdyweeker
06-Oct-08, 19:13
.........or have a look through the Caithness Dialect.
Must be some words there that appeal to you.

http://www.caithness.org/dialect/index.htm

Thats the link.

Jimbo
06-Oct-08, 19:43
Hi Nic
We were at a wedding in Portugal in July, and our tables were named after dances -
Highland Fling, Salsa, Polka, Irish Jig etc, if your having a themed wedding maybe you could have table names to co-ordinate.

over-the-ord
06-Oct-08, 21:31
camps
yard
crown
mountian dew
ect........

topjoes
com
redwood
ect.........

George Brims
06-Oct-08, 21:40
clegs
midges
hairy brotags

oh rats. I can't think of any other Caithness names for creepy crawlies. or find the shift key, apparently.

dirdyweeker
06-Oct-08, 21:48
clegs
midges
hairy brotags

oh rats. I can't think of any other Caithness names for creepy crawlies. or find the shift key, apparently.

Love it!..........

loneranger
06-Oct-08, 21:48
how about caithness lochs or clan names

alanatkie
06-Oct-08, 21:50
Scottish castle names is another theme you could use.

Katy
06-Oct-08, 21:56
We done clan names & picked a clan name for someone at each table and we had a picture of the clan badge on the table name too!

Caithness Castles or places in Caithness are some other ideas!

Gd luck!
Kx

scorrie
06-Oct-08, 21:59
As Katy said, you could consider Caithness Castles as a slight departure from the more well known places. There are photos of several at this page:-

http://www.alanmoar.flyer.co.uk/Caithness/Castles/castles.htm

plumber
07-Oct-08, 09:16
At our sons wedding the tables were named after Scottish Golf Coarses

sadam
07-Oct-08, 09:23
our daughter had the names of mountains like Morven etc

stretch
07-Oct-08, 14:31
both my brothers got married this year, me eldest brother and is oh had caithness & sutherland lochs as she was from tongue.
my other brother and his oh had used places that you pass through as you travel from wick to aberdeen as she was studyin down there and he made the trip every weekend

nellie
07-Oct-08, 22:27
Why not be different and name your tables after all the places round the coast of Stroma

katarina
08-Oct-08, 13:05
Why not be different and name your tables after all the places round the coast of Stroma

brilliant idea - very apt as furure hubby has Stroma blood in his veins!

percy toboggan
08-Oct-08, 19:58
At our sons wedding the tables were named after Scottish Golf Coarses

I'm really tempted to list some examples here but thanks...that's a novel idea.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Oct-08, 20:05
Be controversial and have the gaelic name signs beside them. :cool:

Bet that would get the conversation going :lol: ;)

philupmaboug
11-Oct-08, 18:40
You could have names of oil rigs! or segments of the dart board for his second love ;-)

Tristan
11-Oct-08, 20:54
Street names?
Names of Lochs?
Bird names?

Moi x
11-Oct-08, 23:58
Names of Locks?That would have been appropriate if I'd married the cheating oaf that asked me earlier in the year. He is a Chubb. :cool: