PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Have As Your Final Meal?

Gizmo
06-Oct-08, 17:52
The final meal request thread got me thinking, if for whatever reason (doesnt have to be bad) you knew when your time was up what would you have as your final meal?

For myself it would be 3 large american style pancakes, an artery choking amount of real butter, 9 slices of crispy smoked bacon, then the whole thing drowned in maple syrup, and all washed down with a large cup of tetley tea, and if i was still fit for more i would love a huge plate of hot n' spicy bbq chicken wings which have been cooked until nice and crispy....now that's a feed!! :)

So then orgers, what would you have?

PS, Mods...please don't integrate this thread into the prisoners last meal requests thread...please please pretty please...with sprinkles on top :)

hotrod4
06-Oct-08, 17:54
It would have to be a Whopper from Burger King washed down with a bottle of Vodka! ;)

Fluff
06-Oct-08, 18:11
A nice big juicy Scottish sirloin, cooked rare, with green beans, mushroom, chips or a baked tattie, battered onion rings (coated with Cajun spice) and a strawberry ice cream milkshake.
mmmm, yum!

hotrod4
06-Oct-08, 18:12
A nice big juicy Scottish sirloin, cooked rare, with green beans, mushroom, chips or a baked tattie, battered onion rings (coated with Cajun spice) and a strawberry ice cream milkshake.
mmmm, yum!

I'm on my way round that sounds ace!!!!!

Thumper
06-Oct-08, 18:20
Chicken ceasar salad for me I adore it!Washed down with a nice glass(or bottle) of white zinfandel......yummy x

changilass
06-Oct-08, 18:21
Aberdeen Angus fillet steak, closer to raw than rare, new potatoes corn on the cob and asparagus followed by , creme carmel, pavlova, crumble and custard, cheesecake, bro's sticky toffee and custard and some nice wensleydale to finish off. All washed down with lashings of tiger beer and a singapore sling.

If a mistake hadbeen made and it wasn't supposed to be my last meal after all then this lot would finish the job off nicely thank you.

starry
06-Oct-08, 18:21
3 whole banoffee pies followed by large Jack Daniels and coke.

changilass
06-Oct-08, 18:23
WAITER COME BACK

Forgot to order my hog roast butty with stuffing :D

percy toboggan
06-Oct-08, 18:45
steak puddin' , chips, and mushy peas on a tray wi'gravy...and a buttered barm.

Bobinovich
06-Oct-08, 21:28
In the absence of my mum to cook a Sunday roast, I'll settle for unlimited access to the carvery at the Northern Sands :D. A couple of platefuls of their roasts followed by a selection of sweets, washed down with copious amounts of a nice white, and topped off with some Morgans & Coke for good measure then I'll face my fate with a smile.

over-the-ord
06-Oct-08, 21:28
hard decision

curry and rice or mince and tatties.........:roll:

lazytown
06-Oct-08, 21:37
Haggis stuffed mushrooms(from the Highlander(no longer there)), then a nice sirloin from castletoon butchers with peppercorn sauce and new boiled baby tatties, followed by sticky toffee pudding(northern sands) with ice cream(capaldis) washed doon with a nice bottle of red wine follwed by a nice pot of fresh coffee, and efterward 12 bottles of the pop cork grolsh lager.

rockchick
06-Oct-08, 21:41
Hard decision! I quite like Changilass's menu...but I'd add some massive shrimps cooked in garlic butter (yum!) always a favourite beside a perfectly cooked steak. And for sweet I'd have a slice of Black Forest cake, with proper cherries soaked in kirsch, with real whipped cream.

Oh, and a really, really nice merlot to compliment the steak, instead of...well, whatever Changi was drinking....

Getting hungry now...grrrr...

loneranger
06-Oct-08, 21:46
mince and tatties cana beat a good plate o it!

alanatkie
06-Oct-08, 21:47
Chicken Pakoras with mango chukney for dipping.
Roast Chicken wi haggis, gravy, tatties & veggies or liver bacon mushrooms. in onion gravy wi tagliatelle & dessert would have to be a white choc & strawberry cheese cake washed down wi a jug o long Island Ice Tea :Razz

trix
06-Oct-08, 21:51
if i kent ma time wis up i wid go up til 'e auld cheils an see what he wis cookin...

whether it wis lasagna, an omlette or steak dianne, its ayie top nosh, guaranteed...!

then we wid wash'hid doon wi...eire fine wine or a drop o' 'e irish (jameson)

its no fit yer eitin, its fa yer eitin'ed wi ;)

Tristan
06-Oct-08, 22:05
I like Changi's and Rockchick's ideas although I think I would have lobster instead of shrimp. However, given the choice a meal at The Fat Duck would do nicely - thank you very much.

rockchick
06-Oct-08, 22:09
I like Changi's and Rockchick's ideas although I think I would have lobster instead of shrimp. However, given the choice a meal at The Fat Duck would do nicely - thank you very much.

After eating at The Fat Duck you would have to kick off...so that your estate can pick up the bill! £400 for dinner for two? Ouch!

Julia
06-Oct-08, 22:20
Fillet steak topped with haggis, whisky cream sauce, all the trimmings, extra gooey raspberry pavlova with thick fresh whipped cream, calypso coffee, lots of fine red wine :Razz

rambo1978
06-Oct-08, 22:24
It's got to be a pot noodle.

trix
06-Oct-08, 22:33

hardly rambo!! :eek:

who's bin cookin yer meals lately?

they ca be up til much...unless...ye must be cookin for yersel?? :lol::Razz

daviddd
06-Oct-08, 22:48
a latte and a blueberry muffin!

Gizmo
06-Oct-08, 23:10

A pot noodle?...good god man, have you no respect for your body?, i wouldnt feed Pot Noodle to a stray dog :p

Gizmo
06-Oct-08, 23:12
Has anyone else gotten very hungry while reading these last meals?, my mouth is watering...somebody pass me a bib :D

Bobinovich
06-Oct-08, 23:21
I reckon I've put on a few pounds just reading this thread Giz :)

changilass
06-Oct-08, 23:34
Bob step away from the thread, you were doing so well and looking very svelte like.

tigger2u
07-Oct-08, 00:06
some roast Dodo will do for me...that should buy me so time eh

joxville
07-Oct-08, 00:11
As a healthy eater these days I'd have an old favourite. Bacon, Lorne sausage, eggs, mushrooms, fried bread, tomatoes, chips and HP sauce on top. Followed by coffee and a cigarette. (Even though I've quit smoking)

Aaldtimer
07-Oct-08, 02:53
I don't think I might have much of an appetite in the circumstances...but with access to a time warp...my auld Mither's Kail followed by her Stovies might appeal!:)

JoeSoap
07-Oct-08, 19:36
For me it would have to be:

A dozen fresh, hand caught and un-shucked scallops
Some mixed salad
Pancetta
A block of unsalted butter
Shallots
Dry white wine
White wine vinegar
Water
A lemon

Plus..
One hob, one oven, one saucepan, one frying pan and 2 hours of peace

The pleasure is in the preparation ;)

Kevin Milkins
07-Oct-08, 20:14
Its beans on toast for me.
If I was close to meeting my maker I think I might find somthing better to do with my time than cooking.;)

JoeSoap
07-Oct-08, 20:59
If I was close to meeting my maker I think I might find somthing better to do with my time than cooking.;)
Ah, but just think... no washing up! [lol]

floyed
07-Oct-08, 21:04

No way!! You cant have that as your last meal:eek:

floyed
07-Oct-08, 21:11
I would have -

starter - big pile of chicken balls with chilli sauce dip

main - spag ball with garlic bread + chicken, chips and coleslaw

pudding - my mother in laws trifle its ace, funky monkey ice cream

drink - banana milkshake

I think i would pop:eek: after eating all that, but i would go happy:D

Kevin Milkins
07-Oct-08, 22:30
No way!! You cant have that as your last meal:eek:

Whats wrong wiith pot noodle.
If you saw the effort some of my former work mates go to ,to mine a seam of pot noodle at the Crumlin mine you may be a bit more understanding as to why people should want to induldge themselves in this very nutricious meal.;)

Margaret M.
07-Oct-08, 23:30
I would eat everything yummy that I normally try to avoid. A big plate of greasy chips with salt and vinegar followed by Belgian chocolates, jelly doughnuts, scones with lots of clotted cream and stawberry jam, breads, cakes, brownies, penguins, classics, and caramel wafers. Then a deep fried mars bar -- I have never tasted one but it sounds decadent. I'd wash it all down with chocolate milkshakes.

TBH
08-Oct-08, 00:25
I'd have a Waldorf salad with Kirsty Gallagher as a main course.[lol]

jock leith
08-Oct-08, 09:27
If i was on death row i would opt for eat as much as you want pizza and take 20 years to complete the task

he who hesitates is poor

wee sparkle
08-Oct-08, 13:53
Hrmmmmm.....................

My last meal would have to be either Ma's lasanga or chicken Karahi

Soooooooooooooooo tastey!

And now that were talking about food, im in the mood for some! :lol:

x