PDA

View Full Version : Vodaphone - Thurso area fault / Mobile Phone Probs

Murdina Bug
06-Oct-08, 14:07
Having come into Thurso today I have found that my mobile with Vodaphone keeps asking me to connect to the network. When I try to connect it says that it is a 'forbidden network'! I rang Vodaphone and they say that there is a cell down in central Thurso and that they have been aware of the problem since the 4th October. They are unable to say what the problem is or when it is likely to be resolved but helpfully said that if I move out of the area I should get a signal again:roll:.

Just thought I would let folks know in case they are wondering what the problem is. Can I also encourage you to ring Vodaphone and complain if it doesn't come in by the end of today, as I think the more people that phone in the more seriously they take it (going on past experience - e.g. 'oh, no-one else has called, are you sure it's not just your phone??')

changilass
06-Oct-08, 15:14
I have full signal and have had all day, so not sure what is going on.

poppett
06-Oct-08, 15:19
My OH has a modern phone with Vodafone and his keeps losing signal. My Nokia 3310 (affectionately known as the housebrick) is still working and has only lost the signal once in the Co-op car park both in Thurso and Brora.

Murdina Bug
06-Oct-08, 16:47
I have full signal and have had all day, so not sure what is going on.

Changi, I came in from the Castletown side as well and it was fine - it is only the centre of Thurso that seems to have a problem. It came and went a bit and I managed to send a text then it would not find the network at all again. Very frustrating!

silverfox57
06-Oct-08, 17:34
my pal phoned me in thurso today, when got back to wick had two missed calls phone him in wick and phones worked fine,we both lost signal in thurso

Melancholy Man
06-Oct-08, 17:35
I'm told that two of the mast have blown over. Is this true?

Murdina Bug
07-Oct-08, 13:03
I dunno if it's blown down or blown up! All i know is, it ain't working - but you'll be glad to hear that 'the engineers are aware of the problem and are working on it'. Apparantly there are two masts in this area (Thurso) and the other one is ok, so don't know how big an area this affects.

Thorfin
09-Oct-08, 09:47
Is anyone having network problems with their mobile this last couple of days? Mine is with Vodaphone and seem to be loosing the network in the daytime. It comes back on by tea time[disgust]

Melancholy Man
09-Oct-08, 09:49
My teatime is a week late.

Phoebus_Apollo
09-Oct-08, 09:49
There is a cell down in Thurso affecting Vodaphone Network.

Murdina Bug
09-Oct-08, 10:23
See my thread about halfway down page 2! Please ring Vodaphone and complain - the service has been down since 4th Oct in Thurso centre.

padfoot
09-Oct-08, 13:06
well my fone has been down for ages i occasionally get 1 txt in before it goes down again then was up in high ormlie side of thurso and got full signal thought it was just working again then came home to springpark side and nothing so it only appears to be half the town thats not working