PDA

View Full Version : 4oth brithday

purplelady
05-Oct-08, 22:11
Do any of you have any idea what i can get my fella for his 40th an racking my brains but have no idea any suggestions

Tristan
05-Oct-08, 22:13
What are his interests?

changilass
05-Oct-08, 22:23
My oh loves his malts, so about 2 years afore his 40th I started buying any of the malts on special offer, this made the whole thing not cost as much and with it spread over the 2 yrs it wasn't so painfull.

He was one happy man whn he opened his 40 pressies and is still enjoying them nearly 5yrs later.

Tristan
05-Oct-08, 22:33
That would make one happy hubby!

Bobinovich
05-Oct-08, 22:35
Well I'm just harking very close to that figure myself and I don't have a clue. Maybe organise a special event - baloon ride, flying lesson, F1 car ride, etc?

changilass
05-Oct-08, 22:36
Aye he was and its saved me a fortune not having to buy malts at the full price over the last 5 yrs - there was method in my madness lol

changilass
05-Oct-08, 22:37
You dropping hints there Bob

Bobinovich
05-Oct-08, 22:39
LOL no - was maybe going to do rally driving at Knockhill myself but that might be 'on hold' for now... :D

golach
05-Oct-08, 22:49
LOL no - was maybe going to do rally driving at Knockhill myself but that might be 'on hold' for now... :D
Bob, #2 Son's wife gave him a day at Knockhill as his birthday prezzie a couple of years ago, the grin was frozen on to his face for weeks [lol]

justine
06-Oct-08, 09:47
You could always try for some overalls, for when you get him to decorate your home for you, save you paying for a decorator.:Razz

weeboyagee
06-Oct-08, 14:49
2 years ago I had a fabulous 40th - here are some of the "gifts" I got:

A voucher to attend a rally driving and off-the-road army vehicles day out - BRILLIANT!
About 30 bottles of various malt whiskies
Engraved decanter and glasses
A newspaper of the day when I was born
Some wonderful books
A beautiful painting by a local artist
A brand new top of the range seal skin kilt sporran
Clan crest kilt pins
Cash to buy a new kilt
Silver pen set and knife opener

Lots of other ideas and it was like having several Christmas Days all in one! Do you know anyone who knits homemade Arran, Icelandic or Shetland garments - some guys appreciate that - and they're not cheap!

WBG :cool:

purplelady
06-Oct-08, 22:54
You could always try for some overalls, for when you get him to decorate your home for you, save you paying for a decorator.:Razz
hehehehe good idea justine trouble is he does not live with me ha lives in fife so when we get together have better things to do if you know what i mean lol

alanatkie
06-Oct-08, 23:10
personalised glass ware - glass/decanter etc. check here they have some lovely gifts http://www.countryimages.co.uk/

tigger2u
07-Oct-08, 00:08
I went to Australia on my own for my 40th :D

dirdyweeker
07-Oct-08, 09:16
personalised glass ware - glass/decanter etc. check here they have some lovely gifts http://www.countryimages.co.uk/

If you are going for a personalised gift or one in glass I suggest you visit Willie Bain at the Wick Industrial Estate. He will turn anything plain into something special. Great ideas there too, worth even a visit!