PDA

View Full Version : hamster leaves home-AGAIN

balto
05-Oct-08, 19:16
Well went to feed my hamster tonight, only to discover cuocake has left home yet again, she went missing the other week for about 6 or 7 days, thought i had secured the cage but no she has managed to escape yet again, so if anyone see's a little brown and white hamster with her hankie wraped round a match stick please let me know lol.

teenybash
05-Oct-08, 19:28
Think she needs a new name....Mrs Houdini......hope she turns up safe and well again.:)

purplelady
05-Oct-08, 22:19
know how you feel hun remeber mine went missing other day she has not yet done it agaain yet fingers crossed she won't lol hope yours comes home safe and sound they really are very naughty little creatures

Torvaig
06-Oct-08, 00:42
I think she must be trying to tell you something; do you listen to Terry Wogan in the mornings; enough to make any one leave home....;)

Seriously, good luck and I hope you find her soon.

ciggietime
06-Oct-08, 22:28
Reminds me of the tortoise I had as a kid, Herbie. I lived in this dump as a kid (until I saw the light and left) called S############horpe.

One day, the old bill turned up at my door. Gawd knows how they knew it was my tortoise but apparently Herbie had legged it approximately 2 miles and was found in the middle of the main dual carriageway, the A18, strutting his stuff and stopping traffic ... oops, didn't mean to give you nightmares, I'm sure your hamster is probably quite snug in your garden shed or under your floorboards (or munching your way through that packet of Special K you never finished).

Good luck finding the likkle darlink.

'housework doesn't kill but why take the risk?'

ciggietime
06-Oct-08, 22:29
Reminds me of the tortoise I had as a kid, Herbie. I lived in this dump as a kid (until I saw the light and left) called S############horpe.

'

Okay Mr Filter blocker, Scunny, Lincs!

balto
07-Oct-08, 11:06
well i am pleased to say cupcake has turned up again, my oh was woken by the sound of something rustling the crisp bag he had at his side of the bed, and here she was as bold as you like, we just need to work out how she is getting up the stairs. just hope she doesnt make another bid for freedom, i am going to the hospital in wick next week, so i am going to pop to pets at home before i go home and buy her a new cage, hopefully one that she cant escape from.

purplelady
08-Oct-08, 22:49
have heard them cat proff ones are good do not know but have just heaRD good luck

balto
09-Oct-08, 12:39
have heard them cat proff ones are good do not know but have just heaRD good lucka friend has suggested getting a glass tank for her and making different activities in it for her, then it should be easier to keep an eye on her.

balto
28-Dec-08, 00:02
well cupcak or should we say houdini, has disappered again, and it will be a week tomorrow since she went have looked everywhere but no sign this time, so starting to panic now.

purplelady
28-Dec-08, 00:30
any sign of hammy yet hun xxxxx mine has not escaped since the one time she did think she realised she was better off ast home lol

balto
28-Dec-08, 00:42
any sign of hammy yet hun xxxxx mine has not escaped since the one time she did think she realised she was better off ast home lol
nah, still no sigh, she has escaped so many times, but as it is a week tomorrow since she went i am starting to get worried, i took her cage down today, as the last time she went missing for so long, i took it down and she appeared the next day, so hoping hystory repeats itself, fingers crossed.

purplelady
28-Dec-08, 20:38
keeping my fingers crossed hun she could be anywhere in the house could'nd she mine has never tryed again hehehehe they are little devils are'nt they have you tryed putting out hammys fave treats hun xxxxx

purplelady
31-Dec-08, 00:14
Any sign yet hun know it has been a while since hammy went missing xxxxxxx

balto
03-Jan-09, 11:32
yipee, cupcake was found safe and well in the early hours of this morning, just by change we heard her walking about the bedroom, she doesnt seem any worse fro her 2 weeks holiday, they are amazing creatures, dont know how she survived for 2 weeks without water.

teenybash
03-Jan-09, 12:13
yipee, cupcake was found safe and well in the early hours of this morning, just by change we heard her walking about the bedroom, she doesnt seem any worse fro her 2 weeks holiday, they are amazing creatures, dont know how she survived for 2 weeks without water.

Bet you are relieved she is back safe and sound.......:Razz

Liz
03-Jan-09, 13:58
So delighted that you found Cupcake and she is okay. :D

balto
03-Jan-09, 16:33
Bet you are relieved she is back safe and sound.......:Razz

So delighted that you found Cupcake and she is okay. :D
thankyou both, just delighted she is back, as i was starting to think one of the cats had her, just amazed she survived without water though, going to have to invest in a new cage for her.

ShelleyCowie
03-Jan-09, 18:16
For my 6th birthday my mum bought me a hamster, called it Muffin. On the morning of my birthday i got up without my mum to see the hamster, took it out of its cage and it wasn't seen for months! We left food out to see if he was still alive every night and yes he kept coming back and filling his cheeks!!

Then about 4 months after i had him he showed up in his cage one morning, BALD! he had been under the floor boards...we found the hole he was escaping too! But he did come back! :confused

purplelady
03-Jan-09, 22:34
they are amazing creatures are'nt they ours escaped once had never tryed again since she was very timid when she came home and seems happy to stay where she is xxxxxxxxxxx

balto
03-Jan-09, 23:07
they are amazing creatures are'nt they ours escaped once had never tryed again since she was very timid when she came home and seems happy to stay where she is xxxxxxxxxxx
cupcake is so funny tonight, she is in her cage, checks full of food, just sitting waiting watching us as if she is just waiting for us to go to bed so she can make a run for it again.