PDA

View Full Version : Hail stones

Geo
03-Oct-08, 10:34
Just had a heavy shower of hail stones. There's a nip in the air for sure.

pat
03-Oct-08, 10:43
Western Isles - heavy showers and fffffffrrrrrrridgid.
Was up and about from 5am - thought there was frost but no just very cold air temperature.
A lot better than yesterday - wind has died down, sea much calmer and sky brighter.

skinnydog
03-Oct-08, 10:50
Looked more like snow to me. Definitely a day for thermal undies....

purplelady
03-Oct-08, 11:01
thought it looked like snow to here in wick bout 10.30 fri

cazmanian_minx
03-Oct-08, 11:04
It was definitely hailing out here in Armadale - I was out on the beach at the time!! (Ouch.)

cuddlepop
03-Oct-08, 12:20
Freezing over here too.Cant see the tops of the Cuillins for cloud but can see that the Torridon mountain range is white.:eek:

Melancholy Man
03-Oct-08, 12:51
Guess I should wear the lycra cat-suit, then.

balto
03-Oct-08, 14:46
oh we had a brief shower of hail stones in thurso about lunch time, i blame myself for buying the kids gloves today, so i hold my hand up lol.[lol]

squashed frog
03-Oct-08, 15:22
Just had a heavy shower of hail stones. There's a nip in the air for sure.

Aye it sure is a bit pearl harbour

There's a nasty nip in the Air ;)

Tighsonas4
03-Oct-08, 19:55
Aye it sure is a bit pearl harbour

There's a nasty nip in the Air ;)
we had it here today but nothing much and it is now a nice quiet night tony

Geo
04-Oct-08, 01:52
oh we had a brief shower of hail stones in thurso about lunch time, i blame myself for buying the kids gloves today, so i hold my hand up lol.[lol]

Give them one each because on the one hand it might be cold but on the other hand it might be warm. :)

George Brims
04-Oct-08, 01:56
It's even supposed to rain in Los Angeles over the weekend. Well 50% chance, they said. Must go and wash my car to make sure it does.

Alice in Blunderland
04-Oct-08, 07:10
Guess I should wear the lycra cat-suit, then.

:eek: Oh yes please go on :lol: you know you want to :eek:

Bruce_H
04-Oct-08, 07:44
It's even supposed to rain in Los Angeles over the weekend. Well 50% chance, they said. Must go and wash my car to make sure it does.

I am looking forward to our first winter storm. I have high hopes for lots of snow in the Sierra.

Bruce H

Welcomefamily
04-Oct-08, 07:51
At least the wind has died down, so I can keep the windows open all night. I love a cold bedroom, makes you want to stay in bed.

Bruce_H
04-Oct-08, 07:55
At least the wind has died down, so I can keep the windows open all night. I love a cold bedroom, makes you want to stay in bed.

Well, it seems that I somehow ended up with thick enough blood that I am quite comfortable at 15C with a bit of rain, while my poor California wife gets a chill when it's below 23C. We forever have the war of thermals in our humble house! Luckily I have a nice futon couch in my home office, so when I want to really sleep cold I go in there and open the windows.

Ahhh.. brisk!

Bruce H

Melancholy Man
04-Oct-08, 13:52
:eek: Oh yes please go on :lol: you know you want to :eek:

Didn't need it yesterday. In fact, I was over-dressed (although there was one heck of a head-wind coming back from Groats.

I will need it today... brrrrr!

<goes to find spatula to get into cat-suit>