PDA

View Full Version : Bands Name

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 18:56
Rit havnt got much replys as I know you guys always do! ( repect )

I find that finding a name to name your band THE hardest thing to do with your band. My aspect of a band is Its not the name that describes a band its the music. But some other wise!

What do you think, theres been alot of aspect to if my bands name suits us at all!.. Weve talked about changing it, But you grow attatched I feel!!

What would you call the band Cyanide rather than what its name is the now??

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 19:04
Our set list conatin of at the moment

• Tuesdays Gone – Lynerd Skynerd
• Sweet Home Alabama – Lynerd Skynerd
• Free Bird – Lynerd Skynerd
• Zombie – The Cranberries
• Another Brick in The Wall – Pink Floyd
• Think Twice – Celion Dion
• Inn a Dream – Cyanide
• Only Second Best – Cyanide
• Behind These Hazel Eyes – Kelly Clarkson
• Free Falling – Tom Petty
• Born To Be Wild – Stepenwolf
• Start Me Up- The Rolling Stones
• Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin
• Go your Own Way- FleetwoodMAC
• Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
• Don’t Speak – No Doubt
• Kriptonite – 3 Doors Down
• Ziggy Startdust – David Bowie
• Ultraviolet – McFly ( own style )
• One Way Or Another – Blondie
• Pain – Jimmy Eat World
• One Hand In My Pocket – Alanis Mor
• Love is Only A Feeling - Darkness

landmarker
11-Jan-06, 19:04
There's such a lot to consider. Cyanide is not good though in my humble opinion. The most original name for a band that I actually liked was 10,000 Maniacs. ( I know of someone who went to a gig once and complained there were 'only five of 'em')

That name is/was so off the wall but had impact. I'll give it some thought as I'm sure will others.

Does the band have a message with your music? Are you eco-concious? or anti-establishment?

Cyanide conjures negative images and might have been suitable for a punk band c. 1976. The track I listened to before voting seemed out of kilter with such a name.

Just my two penneth.

landmarker
11-Jan-06, 19:07
What a great set list.
Anyone confident enough to do 'Go Your Own way' the best er...how can I put this?....'get lost' song in history must be allright.

I hope I catch a gig one day.

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 19:08
well we always attach " taste Like Almonds "... as we were planning on calling the EP for a laugh .. But this was the name of the EP.. as long at the band was Cyanide... but rather have a fixed name before EP cover and everything is else if finallised

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 19:22
weigh inn ashes sports bar... 4th March

Rheghead
11-Jan-06, 19:37
I have thought about a name for your band, take it or leave it but I think it is good.

How about

SCORRAY

Sounds like a freebird from Caithness.

Looks like an independent island name on the map.

Definitely Scottish

If you want to promote a free and independent image for your band it might suit? I thought your music suited such an image. :)

landmarker
11-Jan-06, 20:25
'tis a long way, no promises but I can think of no better way to spend a weekend at the moment....

...anyway, a name. Three spring to mind

Slider (or is there one already?) just reminds me of Feeder et al

Albatross - given the 'Mac' & Freebird connection (an endangered species you might identify with - not in the literal sense) So long as no one asks 'which one is Albert then?')

Scapa Flow - local connections, melliflous flowing tunes. Deep.

Best I can do at short notice lol. Good luck

pedromcgrory
12-Jan-06, 02:05
shenaniganz

weeboyagee
12-Jan-06, 11:31
Well, for what it's worth - here's my contribution:

KATIV ROCK

Here's why:

1. It's unique (no doubt about that!)
2. It tell's you the general type of music you expect to here
3. KATIV is a crude way of spelling the county Caithness in Gaelic which gives it a Celtic appeal - it also links your band with your home county in a unique way
4. The word originally means "Land of the Strangers" which gives an element of mystery to the band and it's name...
5. The fact that it is intentionally mis-spelt gives the impression of "rebellion" which rock music was all about
6. It will be remembered!

I will be now be shot by the purists for bringing the language into disrepute! WBG :cool: