PDA

View Full Version : Band Names ( titles )

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 18:21
I find that finding a name to name your band THE hardest thing to do with your band. My aspect of a band is Its not the name that describes a band its the music. But some other wise!

What do you think, theres been alot of aspect to if my bands name suits us at all!.. Weve talked about changing it, But you grow attatched I feel!!

What would you call the band Cyanide rather than what its name is the now??

nutty da drummer
11-Jan-06, 18:24
personally cyanide sounds to heavy for the music your doing, id change it if i was you. erm...think of random things and sometimes they are the best...thats what i do :S any help?

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 18:28
We need ideas... To get us going... Cumin to a name is really hard! lol for sum

theboss
11-Jan-06, 18:35
It is a difficult thing to do, I agree.
Try to think of things related to other parts of your lives. Is there a film or a tv show the whole band like? Choose a character name from that. Does your favourite band have a song title that you think would make a great band name?
Think of nicknames your band might have had in the past, or present for that matter. I think a band name should represent the band in someway but that's just my opinions. Some people think a name's just a name.
It's ALWAYS a tough one though!!!

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 18:37
Yeah, DreamShy.... But though that was a bit corny of us to use CT's song!... :S

Saveman
11-Jan-06, 19:16
I find that finding a name to name your band THE hardest thing to do with your band. My aspect of a band is Its not the name that describes a band its the music. But some other wise!

What do you think, theres been alot of aspect to if my bands name suits us at all!.. Weve talked about changing it, But you grow attatched I feel!!

What would you call the band Cyanide rather than what its name is the now??

Fruit Soup

Just a suggestion. I always thought it sounded kinda cool....

zebedy
11-Jan-06, 19:24
• Tuesdays Gone – Lynerd Skynerd
• Sweet Home Alabama – Lynerd Skynerd
• Free Bird – Lynerd Skynerd
• Zombie – The Cranberries
• Another Brick in The Wall – Pink Floyd
• Think Twice – Celion Dion
• Inn a Dream – Cyanide
• Only Second Best – Cyanide
• Behind These Hazel Eyes – Kelly Clarkson
• Free Falling – Tom Petty
• Born To Be Wild – Stepenwolf
• Start Me Up- The Rolling Stones
• Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin
• Go your Own Way- FleetwoodMAC
• Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
• Don’t Speak – No Doubt
• Kriptonite – 3 Doors Down
• Ziggy Startdust – David Bowie
• Ultraviolet – McFly ( own style )
• One Way Or Another – Blondie
• Pain – Jimmy Eat World
• One Hand In My Pocket – Alanis Mor
• Love is Only A Feeling - Darkness

If that help people a name is sumtin sum members of the band really wanna change from cyanide!

Reev
11-Jan-06, 20:47
Slappy Earl's hot diggity dam express

now THATS a name

woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeid
11-Jan-06, 23:11
steal our old name.

Interloping Fat Magicians With Ginger Hair (Who Eat Spaghetti On Thursdays)

Catchy

pedromcgrory
12-Jan-06, 01:19
shenaniganz

Reev
12-Jan-06, 09:36
Fandango Terriotay!!!

Pappa Bingo!!!

i could go on and on........actually, why are we going on and on??????

Saveman
12-Jan-06, 13:18
Some more ideas for ya:

When Chimps Attack

Spicey Meatballs

Kaliph

Northern Promise

Rye and the Malts

Malt and the Ryes

Sweet Oblivion

and last but not least.....

Munchfangeling Happlefrap

:)

Saveman
12-Jan-06, 13:19
steal our old name.

Interloping Fat Magicians With Ginger Hair (Who Eat Spaghetti On Thursdays)

Catchy

Ace name! :D

unicorn
12-Jan-06, 13:20
I like northern promise :)

MagicalTrevor
12-Jan-06, 13:51
Do a 'pixies' and flick through the dictionary and plant your finger down anywhere. The word your finger lands on is your new name. For example the pixies done this and done them not bad :P

I just done it and got 'The eclipses'

Saveman
12-Jan-06, 16:44
Do a 'pixies' and flick through the dictionary and plant your finger down anywhere. The word your finger lands on is your new name. For example the pixies done this and done them not bad :P

I just done it and got 'The eclipses'

I just tried it and got The Members.

Hmm, might not work everytime....;)

moncur
12-Jan-06, 17:15
Just call yourselves 'The Special Guests'

I did it a few years ago for a battle of the bands in which we were on stage first and when we didnt win everybody thought it was just because we were special guests as is the norm now at the battle of the bands. Does that make sense or am i rambling on a bit?

loganbiffy
12-Jan-06, 19:20
we are called Gentle Strife. its pretty cool

TopCatsPurr
13-Jan-06, 00:00
Common Dream

Reev
13-Jan-06, 10:25
Twilight Junkies

Hugh Mungus (hahahahahaha)

:evil

Deemac
14-Jan-06, 01:24
What about 'CN'? - (chemical symbol!!)

See Enn

Sea Enn

SeaEnn

. . . . just a thought!

cat89
14-Jan-06, 13:51
aye aye captain. this was an idea for our band but the guys r boring and didnt like it.. micropie, duno if i like it myself, i cant decide. im not sure if you should change your name now though coz every1 is used 2 it but your music does certainly suit a softer name :P

zebedy
14-Jan-06, 14:53
I'm the one in the badn along side 3 other members who doesnt want to change the name. Its too late people who do know us.. its Cyanide... even if we did change our name. It wud always be oh thats the kids from Cyanide. U know.... Thanks for all posts I will keep them in mind. But I cant see Cyanide is changeing... Our Song in a Dream is soft but heavy, You can hear it on ourspace.
www.myspace.com/Cyanide00
www.Cyanide00.piczo.com

Tell if it dont work cause it doesnt work for me!

Or try

www.youngscot.org/totallysound and click finalist and goto page 3 were the only and on that page and you can hear out tune there!

I think were slowly changing the meaning that people see of the word Cyanide, Hopfully with a the gigs we have lined up for this year already people will soon know what Cyanide means up here!

Zeb

Reev
14-Jan-06, 20:07
Guys whatever you do do NOT change your name

why, well firstly cyanide is cool and that is what i know you guys as and as does everyone else

and also

it would mean you would have to start from scratch, because people who didnt realise youd change your name would think you were a new band

everything youve done so far would mean you would be for cyanide and not for whatever you become

its a bad idea, so dont do it

it would be CYANIDE SUICIDE!!!!!!

:evil

Hey cool name............um!!!

~~Tides~~
15-Jan-06, 00:20
Return Of The Slinkey
The Legend Of Michael Fish??

Well, thats what I dredged up from the depths of my immagination.