PDA

View Full Version : Needs a new home

pauline79
01-Oct-08, 17:25
I am looking to re-home our border collie puppy. He is almost 8 months old, tri-colour, short haired and gorgeous. We got him neutered very recently and the stitches will need to be removed in 8-10 days, hes been recently wormed and is very well looked after.
We got him from SSPCA in Inverness when he was 4 months old and all was well but the older he is getting the harder it is getting to keep on top of his energy. I have two young daughters and I have realised that a border collie is not suitable for our young family. It has been a very hard decision to make but we need to re-home him before my family get any more attached to him. Harvey needs plenty room to run and lots and lots of attention, he is a very affectionate dog and likes outdoors as well as his comforts.

If you are interested in giving Harvey a home please IM me, the sooner we home him, the better.

Thank you

stewart4364
01-Oct-08, 17:33
I believe that when you get a dog from the SSPCA and you no longer wish to keep it they should be informed and the dog is likely to be returned to the SSPCA who will then try to rehome again. You should possibly contact the SSPCA centre at Balmore for advice

pauline79
01-Oct-08, 17:36
I have already contacted them to see if they could help but they dont have any room to take him in and suggested that I try to re-home him privatley. They prioritise in cruelty cases.

stewart4364
01-Oct-08, 19:02
Thanks for your reply. It is good you took the appropriate action before deciding to rehome your collie. I have 3 dogs of my own and I do not think it would be fair on the others to bring in another dog -- I have a dog and 2 bitches.

Hope you find a good home for your collie and well done for following the correct procedure.

pauline79
01-Oct-08, 19:25
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. Its hard doing this but I know its for the best!! I only hope that we get a great home for him, nothing else will do.

bt total broadband
01-Oct-08, 22:16
hi, i am looking for a dog and would love the one you have but first i must mention i do have a 4 and 6 year old children.do you personaly think he would get on with them as we lost our dog a few months ago due to ill health and children still heart broken.can you please let me know and just so you know the dog will be well looked after you can come veiw my home and visit the dog if you like.thanks sasha:Razz

binbob
02-Oct-08, 12:52
hi, i am looking for a dog and would love the one you have but first i must mention i do have a 4 and 6 year old children.do you personaly think he would get on with them as we lost our dog a few months ago due to ill health and children still heart broken.can you please let me know and just so you know the dog will be well looked after you can come veiw my home and visit the dog if you like.thanks sasha:Razz

really hope u can have harvey and it will wotk out for all concerned.best wishes

bt total broadband
04-Oct-08, 16:15
really hope u can have harvey and it will wotk out for all concerned.best wisheshi just letting you know i got harvey and he is really settled in and our family is complete now thanks:Razz

Liz
04-Oct-08, 18:41
hi just letting you know i got harvey and he is really settled in and our family is complete now thanks:Razz

That's brilliant news! So glad he has settled in and is now a much loved member of your family.

binbob
05-Oct-08, 10:45
hi just letting you know i got harvey and he is really settled in and our family is complete now thanks:Razz
thank u for letting me know and good luck.

teenybash
05-Oct-08, 11:06

Happy you found Harvey who will now have many content fun years with you.....happy ending.:)

Torvaig
05-Oct-08, 12:16
Harvey is a lucky chap and so are you to welcome such a lovely dog into your home. He sounds like a great addition to your family.

pauline79
05-Oct-08, 19:05
Im so pleased we got a home for Harvey. Thank you for letting me know that hes settled, I have been wanting to phone but thought it was best not too. I hope you have many many happy times with him. IM me the odd update if you can, it would be lovely to know how he is doing.
Thank you for giving him a great home:)