PDA

View Full Version : Older people's day.

Kenn
01-Oct-08, 16:17
Did I miss some thing,was I supposed to hang out the flags,throw a wild party or have an extra biscuit with my afternoon cuppa?
Just what is it all about and just how old do we have to be?

wifie
01-Oct-08, 16:22
You don't qualify - YER NOT OWLD! ;)

MadPict
01-Oct-08, 16:22
No idea - but every day is old people's day here :D

I'll hang some bunting on my zimmer next time.

arana negra
01-Oct-08, 16:24
UK Older People's Day 2008

http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/fulloflife/images/content/fol.jpgUK Older People’s Day is our chance to tackle outdated stereotypes on ageing and bring people of all ages together.

Apparently I qualify, its over 50's whoooo hoooooooo :lol: OOPPPPPS edted to add NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will NOT do bingo and tea with a singalong >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anne x
01-Oct-08, 16:30
UK Older People's Day 2008

http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/fulloflife/images/content/fol.jpgUK Older People’s Day is our chance to tackle outdated stereotypes on ageing and bring people of all ages together.

Apparently I qualify, its over 50's whoooo hoooooooo :lol: OOPPPPPS edted to add NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will NOT do bingo and tea with a singalong >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now I remember what I was supposed to be celebrating today [lol] Its a wonder they dont have cards for today
Slippers and Shawl anyone ?

Anji
01-Oct-08, 16:42
Slippers and Shawl anyone ?[/quote]

The way the weather's going, I'm tempted to say 'Yes Please'!

Anne x
01-Oct-08, 16:44
Slippers and Shawl anyone ?

The way the weather's going, I'm tempted to say 'Yes Please'![/quote]

A wee Hot Water Bottle and a nice toddy keep the chills out

teenybash
01-Oct-08, 16:57
Have I missed it?:confused If I had known the ABBA LP would have been out and blasting...............:Razz

Sporran
01-Oct-08, 17:04
Oh bloomin' 'eck! It would have to be on my birthday, of all days!!! Is somebody trying to tell me something, lol?!?! :lol:

No doubt my sons will be ROFL when they hear about this! [lol] I'll just trip them up with my cane when they get back up! ;)

Torvaig
01-Oct-08, 17:17
Owld at fifty, who are they kidding, I'm away out to a folk night and a masterclass on the bodhran! :lol: An' ah'm wearan' long black boots!:lol:
Owld, ah'll give them owld.....

Do you think I could get a grant for learning the bodhran or is it just for knitting and crosswords......? ;)

badger
01-Oct-08, 17:21
"over 50s" - that's an outdated stereotype to start with. What does it mean? At 30 you're older than 20, at 10 you're older than 5.

Now if they said it was for over 80s it might be worth a party and a few cards although many of the over 80s I know would be mightily offended.

Now where's my shawl ?

Alice in Blunderland
01-Oct-08, 17:29
Important Message about Getting Old...

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=601ae4f7be&attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=11cb2f66dbf0177c

Now I forgot what I was gonna tell ya.

Or did you tell this message to me first? oops Am I that old already ?

Anne x
01-Oct-08, 19:57
Owld at fifty, who are they kidding, I'm away out to a folk night and a masterclass on the bodhran! :lol: An' ah'm wearan' long black boots!:lol:
Owld, ah'll give them owld.....

Do you think I could get a grant for learning the bodhran or is it just for knitting and crosswords......? ;)

Alice and Badger and all the rest Im away to celebrate my Olders People Day in Style Out for Dinner Skinny jeans (had to lie on the bed to tie them )
Thai Food a wee swalla probably( followed by painkillers)
Happy Birthday Sporran

Alice in Blunderland
01-Oct-08, 20:13
Alice and Badger and all the rest Im away to celebrate my Olders People Day in Style Out for Dinner Skinny jeans (had to lie on the bed to tie them )
Thai Food a wee swalla probably( followed by painkillers)
Happy Birthday Sporran

You be good now ;)

by the way have you got your if found please return home tag around your neck just in case your brain cells suddenly deteriorate and you forget your way home :cool:

This has happened to me on many an occasion but it was more to do with the alcohol not my age [lol]

golach
01-Oct-08, 20:14
You don't qualify - YER NOT OWLD! ;)
psssst Wifie, between you an me, she is but dinna tell her, she might drop a stitch or two [lol]

Kenn
01-Oct-08, 20:32
WELL talk about the kettle calling the pot black!

Right back to the rave I may see you by the weekend!

Tighsonas4
01-Oct-08, 20:43
have i missed out on something here or dont you qualify if your over 80
if i did let me know tony [lol] [lol]

trix
01-Oct-08, 20:51
have i missed out on something here or dont you qualify if your over 80
if i did let me know tony [lol] [lol]

happy aulder cheils day tony ;)