PDA

View Full Version : Who Got Booked Today

Chillie
11-Jan-06, 16:12
I see Wick's new wee traffic warden was out today for the first time i believe and handing out ticket's like sweetie's, who all got one or told to move ?

Karaoke Queen
11-Jan-06, 16:57
And about time too!

highlander2222
11-Jan-06, 20:09
And about time too!

Here Here about time

angela5
11-Jan-06, 20:35
Great news this is long overdue.

ice box
11-Jan-06, 20:52
Great news this is long overdue.
Great thats all i need a wee manie chasing after me when i stop to pick up a paper when i park on a double yellow ......lmao

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 21:06
In my opinion the traffic warden should be walking up a bit further and booking the people who park outside the Cliff Bakery, blocking the traffic, another place is outside Meiklejohns Tea Rooms, where there always seems to be a car parked , which is really annoying if you are going left at the traffic lights!!

EDDIE
11-Jan-06, 21:27
I think its a good idea as long as the traffic warden is sensible and not a little hitler.Most traffic wardens in aberdeen relise that there is times were u would need to park outside a shop to pick something up if the item is awkward to carry and would give u a bit of leeway if your on double or single line the usually go into a shop and ask you to move your car depending on the situation.

Alice in Blunderland
11-Jan-06, 21:38
If I am right Connie the owner of meiklejohns parks there during the day all the time .

dirdyweeker
11-Jan-06, 21:38
that explains why there was only 2 cars in Bridge Street at 10.40am. It looked lovely....free flowing traffic!

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 21:42
If I am right Connie the owner of meiklejohns parks there during the day all the time .I did't realise it was the owner. That will explain why theres always a car parked there!! It's really annoying when no traffic can turn left there, especially when it's really busy!!

rainbow
11-Jan-06, 22:01
The traffic warden should target outside the medical centre in Wick. There is double yellow lines but people think that just because they are popping in quickly it is OK to park there. It is SO annoying. There is a car park at the medical centre and the pool opposite (I know you shouldn't park there so don't get on at me), and at the door to the Medical Centre is a disabled space for the infirm (which will involve less of a walk to the Centre door than from the abandoned car on the yellow lines).
Parking on double yellow lines demonstrates how lazy some folk are, and in this sedentary lifestyle we apparently have nowadays, by walking a little will only help in improving your health.

The Angel Of Death
11-Jan-06, 23:18
I see Wick's new wee traffic warden was out today for the first time i believe and handing out ticket's like sweetie's, who all got one or told to move ?
Hardly "like sweeties" if you are parked where you shouldnt be or have out of date tax then why not get a fine for it if the rest of us have to pay tax and use the car parks then why not everyone ???

Great thats all i need a wee manie chasing after me when i stop to pick up a paper when i park on a double yellow
You can park on a single yellow line for 10 mins nowt said and longer if the warden doesnt see your car you only get the 10 mins when he notices your car and double lines are there for a reason eg outside graham beggs so you can see towards your right and not block the flow of traffic

I got a ticked for parking outside the music shop a few years ago had till watch the warden write it out taught me a £30 lesson as well but wick has been crying out for a warden for ages coming through bridge street is like a demolition derby at lunchtimes

angela5
11-Jan-06, 23:33
wick has been crying out for a warden for ages coming through bridge street is like a demolition derby at lunchtimes

It's like that all day. Let's hope there is now going to be a huge improvment on the flow of traffic.

melted_wellie
11-Jan-06, 23:38
It's like that all day. Let's hope there is now going to be a huge improvment on the flow of traffic.is there really that much traffic in wick?i mean,even on a bad day you can drive from one side to other in 3 mins.you can walk it in 12.

spiggie
11-Jan-06, 23:38
The traffic warden should target outside the medical centre in Wick. There is double yellow lines but people think that just because they are popping in quickly it is OK to park there. It is SO annoying. There is a car park at the medical centre and the pool opposite (I know you shouldn't park there so don't get on at me), and at the door to the Medical Centre is a disabled space for the infirm (which will involve less of a walk to the Centre door than from the abandoned car on the yellow lines).
Parking on double yellow lines demonstrates how lazy some folk are, and in this sedentary lifestyle we apparently have nowadays, by walking a little will only help in improving your health.

Yes but just across the road from the medical centre at the swimming pool there is a gap where there are No yellow lines so therefore it must be ok to park there right.....?

angela5
11-Jan-06, 23:46
is there really that much traffic in wick?i mean,even on a bad day you can drive from one side to other in 3 mins.you can walk it in 12.

Well the walking part may be true....Driving sometimes takes a bit longer than 3 minutes you often get stuck at the roundabout nobody know's if their coming or going. The part that annoys me is all the cars parked all the way down 1 side of the street and when others stop on the side on The Royal Bank Of Scotland you've to wait and let the cars coming towards you go. There was a bit in the paper a while back about people parking outside that bank, which they have ignored.

JAWS
12-Jan-06, 00:59
There are not enough vehicles in the whole of he County to create a decent Traffic Jam.

When you are having to wait many minutes, on a regular basis, to get through each set of traffic lights, then have a traffic problem.
Taking 30 minutes to travel three or four miles is a traffic problem.

Having to wait a few seconds because somebody has parked is just a lack of patience. ;)

ice box
12-Jan-06, 01:16
Well may be i will get him up to my house to give the pratts that keeps parking in front of my garage and i can't get the car out for my work in the morning where are people comon sense i would'nt like to say ..... lmao

The Angel Of Death
12-Jan-06, 01:16
There are not enough vehicles in the whole of he County to create a decent Traffic Jam.
I remember not that long ago where they were tarring one side of the road beside the bike shop over the bridge in thurso and that combined with the traffic coming from dounreay and manpower at the same time as well as the normal thurso traffic created a pretty good traffic jam it took me almost 45 mins to get out of thurso that afternoon and im sure that that was only a fraction of the vehicles in the county

JAWS
12-Jan-06, 03:46
icebox, sorry, I was meaning problems caused by "normal" type problems as in when you have to wait a few seconds for the road to clear.
Idiots who create a complete blockage either by stupidity or by ignorance are a completely different kettle of fish and, like the fish, are better boiled in oil.

Angel of Death, ask the good people of Edinburgh or Glasgow, I think you will find that they have that problem all day, every day with or without roadworks.
Is there anywhere in the County which cannot be got to under normal conditions, even at the furthest extremes, which cannot be got to well inside a couple of hours?

Lucy
12-Jan-06, 06:31
There is really no need to park on the street in Wick at any time of day unless you are disabled or picking up a large package. There are plenty of car parks within a 30second walk from the town centre. Outside the medical centre is horrendous and i often see people parked in the area marked for emergency vehicles. Hope they don't need an ambulance in a hurry.

rainbow
12-Jan-06, 09:36
Spiggie - I know there is a bit of the road with no yellow lines - however the majority park on the double yellow lines as they are too dammed lazy. We are very lucky in Wick we have FREE car parks within several seconds walking distance, it is the lazy gits who will not use them. I hope they get booked and learn their lesson.

weeboyagee
12-Jan-06, 11:14
Love them - they are fine fowk! They just need to be understood - they are still searching for their meaning in life God Bless Them........:D

.....but put a ticket on my car and ..........:mad:

Chillie
12-Jan-06, 11:42
Love them - they are fine fowk! They just need to be understood - they are still searching for their meaning in life God Bless Them........:D

.....but put a ticket on my car and ..........:mad:

Great minds think alike.[smirk]

golach
12-Jan-06, 12:14
Traffic Wardens in Kaitness!!!!!, OMG whatever next, running water, flushing toilets, Tax discs on motor vehicles :confused:

wicker
12-Jan-06, 12:18
Hardly "like sweeties" if you are parked where you shouldnt be or have out of date tax then why not get a fine for it if the rest of us have to pay tax and use the car parks then why not everyone ???

You can park on a single yellow line for 10 mins nowt said and longer if the warden doesnt see your car you only get the 10 mins when he notices your car and double lines are there for a reason eg outside graham beggs so you can see towards your right and not block the flow of traffic

I got a ticked for parking outside the music shop a few years ago had till watch the warden write it out taught me a £30 lesson as well but wick has been crying out for a warden for ages coming through bridge street is like a demolition derby at lunchtimes

Sticking up for the in-law eh?? lol

lassieinfife
12-Jan-06, 12:51

Then surely if you break the law you deserve a ticket and a fine? 30 second walk is better than a £30 fine

The Angel Of Death
12-Jan-06, 14:53
In law or not i have been told that the same applies to me as all the other people that park where they shouldnt be and a 2 min walk seems far better to me than a £30 ticket what ever way you look at it

angela5
12-Jan-06, 15:14
Cars are abandoned all over the place right from the sports shop to boots the chemist crammed in like sardines, it's no better along bridge street.

The car park at the river is horrendous if there is no spaces left rather than look elsewhere they are left just about anywhere, and if you are parked in a space ready to leave have you ever noticed how quick another car appears just ready to grab it.
I now take my time in leaving i won't be hurried out[lol] .

klibreck45
12-Jan-06, 15:20
while we are on the subject of parking how many ablebodied people park in the disabled parking just because they can not be bothered to walk a little bit further they should be ashamed of themselves

angela5
12-Jan-06, 15:23
while we are on the subject of parking how many ablebodied people park in the disabled parking just because they can not be bothered to walk a little bit further they should be ashamed of themselves

That is another problem same goes for the parent and child spaces i mean they are there for a reason.

klibreck45
12-Jan-06, 15:27
yes i agree with you parent and child and disabled parking are there for a reason not to be used by people who dont need them

highlander2222
13-Jan-06, 16:56
Traffic Wardens in Kaitness!!!!!, OMG whatever next, running water, flushing toilets, Tax discs on motor vehicles :confused:

And a number of HIBBYS

weeboyagee
13-Jan-06, 17:00
Flushing toilets and hibees in the same post - sounds about right to me. Are we getting personal here or what......? :)

_Ju_
13-Jan-06, 19:06
Well may be i will get him up to my house to give the pratts that keeps parking in front of my garage and i can't get the car out for my work in the morning where are people comon sense i would'nt like to say ..... lmao

Had the same problem in another house I lived in. It was so bad, with parking on the sidewalk so close to the doors and gate that you had to climb over the car to get in and call the police, if you happened to be out of the house when they parked. To avoid it we parked infront of our own gate....and we ended up with a parking ticket!

girnigoe
14-Jan-06, 00:23
yes i agree with you parent and child and disabled parking are there for a reason not to be used by people who dont need them

The new ones at Somerfields - I GIVE UP!!!! You just cant get into them because they are normally all filled up with cars who DONT have kids! Just folk too darned lazy to park further up and walk an extra few metres!!

Surely they must be able to do something about this???? Is this the responsibility of the Traffic Warden or not??

rainbow
14-Jan-06, 21:08
While you are on about Sommerfield car park does anyone agree with me? the disabled and parent/child spaces are huge but the general parking spaces are so tiny (littler than they used to be I reckon). How many bashes have people had in their cars from doors opening? They could have been abit more generous with their size of space - its not as if space is the problem - the car park is only full at Xmas and New Year - no doubt it will be empty when Tesco comes - lets hope they have bigger spaces to protect our cars.

angela5
14-Jan-06, 21:18
While you are on about Sommerfield car park does anyone agree with me? the disabled and parent/child spaces are huge but the general parking spaces are so tiny (littler than they used to be I reckon). How many bashes have people had in their cars from doors opening? They could have been abit more generous with their size of space - its not as if space is the problem - the car park is only full at Xmas and New Year - no doubt it will be empty when Tesco comes - lets hope they have bigger spaces to protect our cars.

I agree with you Rainbow but the parent and child, disabled maybe huge but there's not enough of them. Yes the general spaces are tiny and i've a few little dents on my door, tescos hopefully will consider this when they design their car park.

brandy
14-Jan-06, 22:06
grrr dont get me started on safeways parent toddler.. with two under 3's
and i do go bye and see who has car seats and who dosent.. one day there was only me and one other car in all of em that had children!
and what about on mcarthur street?
ummm why is there always 3 lanes of parking on both sides?
you cant get thru..
when there is a funeral that is entirely dif.. cant but expect it! but every day all day!

Alice in Blunderland
14-Jan-06, 22:45
I think one of the worst days for bad parking is on Sunday outside the Parish church.I know the lord said on the seventh day rest but did he mean for people to be so lazy.The cars are parked everywhere there is a space near the church ,pavements included when there is such a big car park just down the hill at Sommerfields(maybe they dont want their doors dented)I accept the disabled should be parked near the church but able bodied people shouldnt need to and its a lovely walk up the hill.A suggestion for alterations if ever they need to do more would be to open up the front doors of the kirk and have a drive through service then no-one would need to leave their cars at all.

fed-ex
15-Jan-06, 01:34
ima goody too shoes , no mparking tiket for me!!!!!!!

jjc
15-Jan-06, 01:43
I came across this website (http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com/) the other day and it seems quite apt – not only would these make a point which the owners of badly-parked cars couldn’t miss, but the mere act of sticking one to a car would probably make you feel a whole lot better too ;)

angela5
15-Jan-06, 03:16
I came across this website (http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com/) the other day and it seems quite apt – not only would these make a point which the owners of badly-parked cars couldn’t miss, but the mere act of sticking one to a car would probably make you feel a whole lot better too ;)

I think i'll order some of these for slapping on cars in Somerfield car park,

DrSzin
15-Jan-06, 03:32
Oh wow, they're fabulous. I think I'll order some too. This could be fun. :)

The Angel Of Death
15-Jan-06, 14:29
I think i'll order some of these for slapping on cars in Somerfield car park,

A very good idea i think name and shame etc but couldnt slapping a sticker on a car be classed as vandalism ??? i know they were doing it at work if you didnt park where you were meant to but the stickers that thet were using was covered in super glue (almost) and were really really difficult to get off

flyfifer
15-Jan-06, 15:31
I wonder what the upper age limit of the child is, to justify parking in a parent and child space? They are obviously wider spaces to enable parents to open the car door wide enough to unstrap their child without bashing the car next door. What does everyone think? Once your child is old enough to strap themselves in properly? But then if normal parking spaces are used, is the child able to avoid bashing the car next door?? Then the parent still has to squeeze between cars to hold the door for the child!!! Maybe a parent still feels they are justified in using parent/child spaces even if the child is no longer in a booster seat, Brandy, although I agree with you that these spaces are completely abused at times. Peter Kay once joked about going shopping with his mum, and using a parent/child space - well, he's the child and she's the parent!!

Bored
16-Jan-06, 19:04
About time there was some action - double yellow lines are there for a reason and like any other road traffic offence people should be ticketed.

rainbow
16-Jan-06, 19:54
Spotted today in the Parent & Child Spaces at Sommerfield - a manager of the shop getting into his car, and driving off. Child Seat in back of car but no child in it. As they say rules for some!!

girnigoe
17-Jan-06, 00:26
I wonder what the upper age limit of the child is, to justify parking in a parent and child space? They are obviously wider spaces to enable parents to open the car door wide enough to unstrap their child without bashing the car next door. What does everyone think? Once your child is old enough to strap themselves in properly? But then if normal parking spaces are used, is the child able to avoid bashing the car next door?? Then the parent still has to squeeze between cars to hold the door for the child!!! Maybe a parent still feels they are justified in using parent/child spaces even if the child is no longer in a booster seat, Brandy, although I agree with you that these spaces are completely abused at times. Peter Kay once joked about going shopping with his mum, and using a parent/child space - well, he's the child and she's the parent!!

Tescos give you a permit sticker to display in your car which enables you to park in the parent and child spaces and it does up until the childs 5th birthday.

connieb19
17-Jan-06, 00:29
Tescos give you a permit sticker to display in your car which enables you to park in the parent and child spaces and it does up until the childs 5th birthday.Another plus for Tesco's coming to Wick..:D

Julia
17-Jan-06, 15:04
I wonder what the upper age limit of the child is, to justify parking in a parent and child space? They are obviously wider spaces to enable parents to open the car door wide enough to unstrap their child without bashing the car next door. What does everyone think? Once your child is old enough to strap themselves in properly? But then if normal parking spaces are used, is the child able to avoid bashing the car next door?? Then the parent still has to squeeze between cars to hold the door for the child!!! Maybe a parent still feels they are justified in using parent/child spaces even if the child is no longer in a booster seat.

My daughter is nearly five, she can't tie herself in yet but only as the seatbelt is awkward combined with her booster seat. If there is a parent/child space available I will use it (only if she is with me of course) as it's wide enough for her to get out of the car herself without fear of hitting the car next to us.

Another pet hate of mine is able-bodies folk using the disabled parking spaces!

Anyhoo, getting back to the original topic, has anyone actually been booked! I see the wardens walking up and down past lines of parked cars on Bridge St and High St but they don't seem to be writing any tickets??

weeboyagee
17-Jan-06, 15:09
Nearer to the original thread,.....talk about getting booked.......I have had tickets like confetti, couple o' tailings by the boys in blue (followed by the inevitable court appearance to say sorry m'lud...::() and have never had a clean license in 15 years.

I have so desperately tried and tried to be a good weeboyagee and not get booked any more, and today I looked at my license, 3 more points came off two weeks ago. At this rate, come July, I will have a clean license - cheaper insurance etc,.... so desperately hoping that I don't get "booked" between now and then.

Anyone else in the same boat (or worse?....)

Alice in Blunderland
17-Jan-06, 15:22
Maybe you would do to change your car and buy something a little tamer.What was the top speed of that car again....?

jay
17-Jan-06, 17:19
Is the "sommerfield" car park in Wick not actually a council one - I don't think sommerfield have anything to do with it unlike Thurso where they do have their own. Was that not why they couldn't expand the Wick store a few years ago in Safeway time?

wicker
17-Jan-06, 17:54
think thats the bit at back of somerfields thats filled with potholes

Alice in Blunderland
21-Jan-06, 13:51
Aw Aw just watched somebody get a ticket outside Meiklejohns sweetshop.Saturday just another day for the traffic warden car drivers beware.....

Chillie
21-Jan-06, 14:14
He got a lot of cars on high street yesterday

philupmaboug
21-Jan-06, 16:12
I hear he has booked a few for not having an up to date licence displayed, about time these issues were dealt with.

JAWS
21-Jan-06, 16:44
...., couple o' tailings by the boys in blue.....
weeboyagee, that's terrible, I can't believe that of you.
Are you seriously trying to tell us that you were driving merrily down the road and just happened not to see the big shiny car covered in hideous great patches of reflective tape, the big stickers saying "POLICE" and a Flashing Blue Light on it, and you missed seeing it?

You've been listening to the propaganda haven't you!
Don't take you eyes off the road ahead because the moment you do something absolutely dreadful will happen. And that you will have that indelibly printed on your conscience.
Of course they want you to do that, it's so you don't see them sneaking along behind you so you can get three points indelibly printed on you licence.

And stay away from the Roadworks south of Wick with the two miles of 30 Limit for the 200 yards of workings.
The limit is only there to give the Camera Van a nice little earner, thank you.
"Say "Cheese" for the Camera - Thank You! That will be £60 and Three Points for every photo!"
And they don't even include the nice empty view either! [evil]

angela5
21-Jan-06, 16:57
And stay away from the Roadworks south of Wick with the two miles of 30 Limit for the 200 yards of workings.
The limit is only there to give the Camera Van a nice little earner, thank you.
"Say "Cheese" for the Camera - Thank You! That will be £60 and Three Points for every photo!"
And they don't even include the nice empty view either! [evil]

Sounds like you had your photo taken there jaws..is it a police van that sits there i never even noticed it.:~(

Alice in Blunderland
21-Jan-06, 19:27
[QUOTE=JAWS]weeboyagee, that's terrible, I can't believe that of you.
Are you seriously trying to tell us that you were driving merrily down the road and just happened not to see the big shiny car covered in hideous great patches of reflective tape, the big stickers saying "POLICE" and a Flashing Blue Light on it, and you missed seeing it?

NOt only weeboyagee missed the police car but his 92 year old granny in the passenger seat egging him on, she loved getting up the road from Edinburgh in record spead and felt so guilty she payed his fine..lol.
I hear they caught over sixty cars at Hempriggs the other day nice little earner for the boys in blue.

krieve
21-Jan-06, 20:17
Sounds like you had your photo taken there jaws..is it a police van that sits there i never even noticed it.:~(
The police hide all over the place waiting for speeding drivers.

brandy
21-Jan-06, 21:22
i did talk to the trafic warden yesterday
lovley man to speak to
asked him about stopping on bridge street
as we are clearing out the house and giving loads to blythwoods
he told me that it was fine to park there to off load.. just to make sure that when we do to put our hazard lights on and lift the boot so that any passing warden will know you are offloading.
and that any warden coming along would realise what you are doing and wouldnt book you..
just cant park there so you dont have to walk a few extra feet to get where you are going! *Grins*
on another note. have noticed the safeway car part is a lot more full now that we have a traffic warden!

JAWS
21-Jan-06, 21:24
To my utter dismay it was the plain white Safety Camera Van. I was in a line of traffic (I know officer, that's no excuse! :cry: ) so I know they got three of us and I didn't notice if there ware any more behind. it was the middle of the day so it depends on how many had backed up behind at the last traffic lights.
It was sitting in the middle of the long gap which was between the actual works.
Can't complain, "Guilty as Charged". I suppose it makes up for the other two million cases when they've missed me!
That's not including the ones where I've ended up with very sore knees and the horrible taste of boot polish on my tongue.
And NO! I do not intend to have them 'Taken into Consideration', if they want to have me for them too then all I have to say is, "Prove it!"

JAWS
21-Jan-06, 21:30
I hear they caught over sixty cars at Hempriggs the other day nice little earner for the boys in blue.
Yes, that was my claim to fame!

I wish I could earn three and a half grand for sitting round for a few hours. (Not that I would think for one minute it wasn't just a revenue collector)

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 14:39
I see there are still some people in wick trying to dodge the traffic warden.

wicker
23-Jan-06, 09:48
Where abouts on the hempriggs road is this van, i went along there on saturday afternoon and didnt see anything, its hard to stay at 30mph for all that stretch

angela5
23-Jan-06, 10:25
Where abouts on the hempriggs road is this van, i went along there on saturday afternoon and didnt see anything, its hard to stay at 30mph for all that stretch

Don't be fooled if you don't see a white van i never seen one but still managed to get my photo taken.:lol:

wicker
23-Jan-06, 10:30
great i dont think, and they are supposed to be noticable and not in hiding anyway arent they

connieb19
23-Jan-06, 18:59
great i dont think, and they are supposed to be noticable and not in hiding anyway arent theyIt dosn't matter whether they are there or not, as long as the 30mh sighns are up that is the speed you should be doing.. Every time I find myself speeding my conscience asks me if I could live with the consequenses if someone else was injured or killed because of me speeding, it always seems to work for me!!

LENSMAN
23-Jan-06, 21:18
[QUOTE=JAWS] I was in a line of traffic (QUOTE]
How do they prove you were all travelling at the same speed?
Also read short ago that someone on a motor bike was contesting a speeding ticket from a camera and found out that they hadn't been tested on bikes.

girnigoe
31-Jan-06, 19:55
I see there are still some people in wick trying to dodge the traffic warden.

Yeah I noticed this today. The traffic warden was walking along Bridge Street - cars pulling off in all directions - people running out of shops and everywhere!! But once he got as far along as the nursing home the cars were parking again - same thing was happening in High Street.

They better be carefull!!!!!

angela5
31-Jan-06, 20:06
Yeah I noticed this today. The traffic warden was walking along Bridge Street - cars pulling off in all directions - people running out of shops and everywhere!! But once he got as far along as the nursing home the cars were parking again - same thing was happening in High Street.

They better be carefull!!!!!

I find the antics of bridge street and high street really funny girnigoe since the traffic warden came along, as soon as his back is turned there parking all over the place.

krieve
31-Jan-06, 20:13
I was down the other day and everyone was running for there cars i saw one lady running out of the post office to get in her car but he got her lol

krieve
31-Jan-06, 20:13
oops i posted that twice by mistake.

angela5
31-Jan-06, 20:22
I was down the other day and everyone was running for there cars i saw one lady running out of the post office to get in her car but he got her lol

[lol] I've seen so many make a dash for their cars some get lucky.

krieve
31-Jan-06, 20:24
[lol] I've seen so many make a dash for their cars some get lucky.
Yip i have noticed he lets alot of them of with a warning they do get lucky.

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 00:26
Yip i have noticed he lets alot of them of with a warning they do get lucky.well I was at the post office and most of the fancy new cars parked at the door had their disability stickers up..:confused:

angela5
01-Feb-06, 00:28
well I was at the post office and most of the fancy new cars parked at the door had their disability stickers up..:confused:

:confused: never,can you park on the street then with a disability car?

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 00:30
:confused: never,can you park on the street then with a disability car?I could be wrong..but i think you can..

porshiepoo
01-Feb-06, 11:00

I got a blinkin ticket the other day [mad]
We were parked out the Alexander Bain as we popped into the planning department. Didn't realsie you're not supposed to park there.
Still, I'd rather they found revenue by ticketing illegal parkers than by charging at the car parks. I just wish they'd have more obvious signs about who can and can't park there. I aways thought that parking place was for the pub and the council - guess not![evil]

porshiepoo
01-Feb-06, 11:03
It dosn't matter whether they are there or not, as long as the 30mh sighns are up that is the speed you should be doing.. Every time I find myself speeding my conscience asks me if I could live with the consequenses if someone else was injured or killed because of me speeding, it always seems to work for me!!

So why is it then that going along the main road to wick where all the roadworks are ....still, there are 30 mph speed signs all the way, but that stupid convoy vehicle only does 10mph?[disgust]

wicker
01-Feb-06, 14:31
I hear he has booked a few for not having an up to date licence displayed, about time these issues were dealt with.

watch out for him checking to make sure its displayed properly as in its holder right as he is being a little hitler if a bit of it has slipped and is hidden.

I think hes a joke personally way hes going about the place. Thinking hes got more authority than he has and just looking to write another slip of paper for basically nothing, money grabbing swines at end of day.

P.s i havent been booked so not having a gurn because of that.

Whitewater
01-Feb-06, 14:52
I got a blinkin ticket the other day [mad]
We were parked out the Alexander Bain as we popped into the planning department. Didn't realsie you're not supposed to park there.

Sorry porshiepoo but it's a pedestrian area, you shouldn't have you car in there. Many people just use it as a short cut now, I think the police/traffic warden should be more severe in that area.

The Angel Of Death
01-Feb-06, 15:47
watch out for him checking to make sure its displayed properly as in its holder right as he is being a little hitler if a bit of it has slipped and is hidden.

No your sturring with a stick doesnt matter which way you look at it if you dont have your tax disk displayed then how will the warden know if you have tax or not ??? i know mind reading isnt part of anyones job requirements

SIMPLE FACT IS THAT IF YOU DONT DISPLAY YOUR TAX DISK THEN YOU DESERVE TO BE FINED

everyone else has the ability to stick there tax on the window it isnt hard sticky tape will do the job and its cheap to buy as well

If it has fallen off and you can produce it then i am almost certain that the ticket will be squished

As for the

I think hes a joke personally way hes going about the place. Thinking hes got more authority than he has and just looking to write another slip of paper for basically nothing, money grabbing swines at end of day.
Correct me if i am wrong cause i am not to sure about this isnt a traffic wardens job to give tickets out for parking and tax issues ??? how is that "more authority than he has" ???

We all know the rules its in the highway code that on a single yellow line you can only park for 10 mins after that you get a ticket doesnt matter if your in court or paying bills thats what we have car parks for (there wonderfull places that let you park there for free without fear of getting a ticket from the warden) (i know sarcasm is great isnt it !!!) 10 mins is all you get on a single yellow the only reason people are complaing is the fact wick has had it to easy for long enough now the rules are being enforced coprrectly people like you are moaning about it !!!

Rant Over

beena
01-Feb-06, 16:58
I am referring to remarks made on page 4. The reason that disabled people get to park outside the post office is because the ARE disabled and it really annoys me when able-bodied people moan about this cause they should be thankful the have nothing wrong with them and can walk as far as they want and as far as the fancy cars go do you hear disabled people moan when they see able-bodied drivers in fancy cars no they dont so deal with it.

Steinway
01-Feb-06, 17:01
He is doing a really good job, judging from the look of Bridge Street! Wick was badly in need of a traffic warden.

porshiepoo
01-Feb-06, 18:50
Sorry porshiepoo but it's a pedestrian area, you shouldn't have you car in there. Many people just use it as a short cut now, I think the police/traffic warden should be more severe in that area.

Oooooops! :o So why is there parking spaces there then???? Huh?????
Oh deary, well i've learnt my lesson and I shan't be parking there again. :(

unicorn
01-Feb-06, 19:39
Would you do his job???
I wouldn't... you would need very wide shoulders and a thick skin...... give the poor traffic warden a break people he needs to work to pay his bills the same as we do.

porshiepoo
01-Feb-06, 19:59
Would you do his job???
I wouldn't... you would need very wide shoulders and a thick skin...... give the poor traffic warden a break people he needs to work to pay his bills the same as we do.

Hey I don't have a problem with him!

I got a ticket but it was well deserved by all accounts. [smirk]

Steinway
01-Feb-06, 20:01
I agree with you unicorn, it's a hard job.

highlander2222
01-Feb-06, 20:07
So why is it then that going along the main road to wick where all the roadworks are ....still, there are 30 mph speed signs all the way, but that stupid convoy vehicle only does 10mph?[disgust]

Because it is a 10mph where the men are working

highlander2222
01-Feb-06, 20:10
Oooooops! :o So why is there parking spaces there then???? Huh?????
Oh deary, well i've learnt my lesson and I shan't be parking there again. :(

For disabled Drivers

Geo
01-Feb-06, 20:22

I seem to remember seeing a sign up on the wall saying you can park at certain times. Will have a look next time i am in.

JAWS
01-Feb-06, 20:56
Because it is a 10mph where the men are working
Then the saying, "All men are equal, but some are more equal than others." (With apologies for misquoting George Orwell) must apply in Caithness as well as on Animal Farm.

Why are they so concerned about men working in one set of roadworks by providing a convoy setup at walking pace when at another set within the same area the poor workmen are left to fend for themselves against marauding drivers?
Or is it more likely that the machinery in one set is worth a lot more?

AR
01-Feb-06, 21:06
Why are they so concerned about men working in one set of roadworks by providing a convoy setup at walking pace when at another set within the same area the poor workmen are left to fend for themselves against marauding drivers?
Or is it more likely that the machinery in one set is worth a lot more?
It is an insurance requirement that when doing certain tasks they have the convoy system.I got told that by one of the guys working there

JAWS
01-Feb-06, 21:07
Would you do his job???
I believe in equality, all Traffic Wardens should be hated with equal ferocity! :D

Give him a couple of months and I will feel sorry for him because after that all he will have to do is struggle to find the odd tourist. The rest of the time he will be pushed to find something to do!

porshiepoo, check what the signs say at the entrance to the pedestrian area. Often there is an exception for either loading or unloading and also sometimes for 'access to premises'. Depending on what the signs say then it might be worth checking the wording of the regulation.

krieve
01-Feb-06, 21:17
I think that it has got alot better since the traffic warden started his job the other day there was a bairn crying outside a shop and he was speaking to the bairn and it stopped crying can't be all bad . Then today someone was parked in the bus stop the bus came along and he seen the car and helped the driver to drive of without hitting the car in front .

porshiepoo
02-Feb-06, 09:54
I think that it has got alot better since the traffic warden started his job the other day there was a bairn crying outside a shop and he was speaking to the bairn and it stopped crying can't be all bad . Then today someone was parked in the bus stop the bus came along and he seen the car and helped the driver to drive of without hitting the car in front .

Don't be fooled! He's finding it so difficult to find illegally parked cars he's now resorted to illegally parked pushchairs. [lol]

I'm certainly gonna check out the wording on the parking regs in that area. I know you can park there cos there are parking bays.
I don't mind getting the ticket if i'm at fault but I still want to check it first!

porshiepoo
02-Feb-06, 09:56

Don't be fooled! He's finding it so difficult to find illegally parked cars he's now resorted to illegally parked pushchairs. [lol]

I'm certainly gonna check out the wording on the parking regs in that area. I know you can park there cos there are parking bays.
I don't mind getting the ticket if i'm at fault but I still want to check it first!