PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Music

dirdyweeker
01-Oct-08, 12:08
Hi, I am desperately trying to locate an LP from many moons ago.
It was called " Music of the Highlands and Islands".
It was recorded by Grampian Records when their studios were in Bank Row.
It included numbers by Argo Cameron, Wick Scottish Dance Band, Stewart Ross and Lewis Paul.
Any help on the road to my discovery of this would be wonderful.

arana negra
01-Oct-08, 12:57
Might this be it >

http://www.caithness.org/earlypictures/arionchoir/

I am googling for it may not be lucky but you never know.

dirdyweeker
01-Oct-08, 15:33
that is a story about it but it is the LP I am actually trying to find.
Thanks anyway for reading.

arana negra
01-Oct-08, 16:10
I have been scourin the net but no luck yet, have you thought of writing to Grampian Records ? or any of the artists on the compilation. Maybe local radio station may be able to help.

Your welcome :)

sadam
03-Oct-08, 21:37
Have you tried the Tall Tales Book shop as there are a lot of scottish records in there

pat
04-Oct-08, 14:38
Just raked out my old LPs as thought had a copy but sorry dont have it - amazing what collection is there in the back of the cupboard.

dirdyweeker
05-Oct-08, 00:25
Thanks for all your input. Pat....you had me laughing as I could imagine you raking through lots of LP's (and no doubt ending up reminiscing) Thanks for looking.
Sadam, I did not know of Tall Tales Bookshop but have found a link in the business section so will be phoning on Monday.Fingers crossed x Thanks for that.
Arana Negra, believe it or not I did get a pm from someone who works with CFM, they do have the record but I would not be able to take it away from there. At least I know they have one.....will keep requesting a track frequently 'til I've heard them all!:lol: Have been given a name for someone who used to work in Grampian Records so will try them. Grampian Records are of course defunct now.
For the pm's...thankyou too. Very helpful but until I can hopefully get my hands on a copy my mission is not yet done!
Thanks......