PDA

View Full Version : Strange but True

highlander
01-Oct-08, 11:37
You think your life abiding by the rules? here is some of the weirdest worldwide laws still in exsistence you may well be an undiscovered criminal!

.................................................. .................................................. ......................
Any Brits feeling ill wandering around the Houses of Parliament should leave as soon as possibe, as it's actually illegal to die inside the building! The reason is you'd be entitled to a state funeral, so the law is in place to ensure this doesn't happen!

.................................................. .................................................. .......................

Makesure you've got your glasses on when popping a stamp on your letter, it's an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British king or Queen's image upside down!

.................................................. .................................................. .......................

Constant trips to the loo are annoying necessity when pregnant, Thankfully, its still legal in the UK to relieve yourself anywhere, even in a policemans helmet! Anyone brave enough to test it out?

.................................................. .................................................. .....................
You's better hope a light bulb doesn't blow in your home of Australis, as it's a legal requirement that only a licenced electrician can change it! Can you imagine the call out fees if this was enforced.

.................................................. .................................................. ....................

If a random stranger knocks on your door in Scotland and asks to use your toilet, an old law exists that says you must allow them to enter!!!

.................................................. .................................................. ......................

I remember reading in one of my Caithness books some of the old laws that would still be legal must try and find it, does anyone else know of anymore silly old laws?

sjr014
01-Oct-08, 13:00
O well i'm guilty of treason quite often put stamps on upside down! And as for letting some1 use ma toilet if they come calling........don't think so well not a stranger anyways!