PDA

View Full Version : Calling the Tuggmistress

changilass
30-Sep-08, 23:27
So how bad is this weather gonna get in the next week Tuggs, been reading snippets on other threads but not heard anything.

Any info would be great thanks as have just put up a trampoline for the wee man.

Tugmistress
01-Oct-08, 04:28
Hi Changi,
just seen your post, sorry.
not using the normal chart i like as it's too late (early in the morning, i hate not being able to sleep!) but at a quick glance at the moment, thursday is going to be quite breezy from the north (40+mph), and sunday looks like blowing a gale (70+mph) from the west, they're the two worst bits that jump out at me, otherwise wet, miserable, cold, dreich and generally pretty yukky!
Will have a look for you tomorrow evening on the charts i like, they come out about 5pm so i shall do you a proper one off those charts about 6pm :)

Tighsonas4
01-Oct-08, 10:40
Hi Changi,
just seen your post, sorry.
not using the normal chart i like as it's too late (early in the morning, i hate not being able to sleep!) but at a quick glance at the moment, thursday is going to be quite breezy from the north (40+mph), and sunday looks like blowing a gale (70+mph) from the west, they're the two worst bits that jump out at me, otherwise wet, miserable, cold, dreich and generally pretty yukky!
Will have a look for you tomorrow evening on the charts i like, they come out about 5pm so i shall do you a proper one off those charts about 6pm :)
better to get the stabilesers sorted on the ferry first [lol] tony

changilass
01-Oct-08, 11:14
Cheers Tuggs, will wait for your update afore deciding wether the trampoline stays or gets taken apart again.

Tugmistress
01-Oct-08, 11:23
changi,
if you have it sheltered from a n/w to n direction of wind then leave it, if not then take it down, thursday evening is when the 40+ will be here for a few hours. it's the sunday one i don't like because i was using the 18z charts instead of the 12z ones which are more reliable for up here... so take it that tomorrow is right and i'll update sunday later as looking this morning at th 00z charts the wind on sunday is only 20+ lol that's how much they vary!

Tugmistress
01-Oct-08, 11:24
better to get the stabilesers sorted on the ferry first [lol] tony

haha very true tigh!

Tugmistress
01-Oct-08, 20:15
ok changi, tomorrow evening and overnight will be the worst, 45+mph nw nnw direction. sunday the low has shifted south so we will be in the more settled centre, just caithness breezy after friday lunch until after the weekend :)

changilass
01-Oct-08, 20:23
Thanks Tuggs, hubby reckons trampoline will be safe, we are still hoping that the wee man can get a bitty more use out of it this year.