PDA

View Full Version : Asthma

highlander
30-Sep-08, 22:19
Has anyone else experienced thier asthma worse in this damp weather, since sunday i have felt terrible, im not wheezing too bad, not got a chest infection but no energy, i set the fire and then completely washed out. How do you manage when the weather is so cold and damp, now i think i will be housebound over the rest of the week with this gales being forecasted, so i guess you will all have to put up with multi posting from me, so lets have some topics folks. lol

Liz
30-Sep-08, 22:29
Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good Highlander.

Yes my asthma has definitely been worse since the colder weather but then it wasn't too good in the summer either when the pollen was high so can't win!:roll:
I actually feel today like I have a temperature and my sinusitis is playing up.

Like yourself I will be practically housebound. Usually go out for walks but won't be able to if it is really windy and cold. I do find in the colder weather I need to put a scarf over my face to avoid breathing in the cold air.

Maybe we should both crawl under the duvet and hibernate until Spring!:confused

highlander
30-Sep-08, 22:39
Im so annoyed liz as i have been waiting weeks for my brambles to ripen, got some last week and made apple and bramble jam, but just watched the BBC forecast and it said gales,rain and snow! oh well the birdies are going to get a feast. lol

Liz
30-Sep-08, 22:42
What a shame! Glad you managed to get some jam made.

Knowing our weather though it could turn mild again so you may retrieve some more brambles before the birdies get to them!

Someone from the Met office was on TV a couple of weeks ago forecasting an Indian summer for the last week in September beginning of October.
Think it must have stayed in India!lol

golach
30-Sep-08, 22:47
Highlander, I suffer too with Asthma as you know, but happily I am not suffering at the moment, taking my Seretide twice daily, and have not had an attack now for a long time, but been bothered a lot this year with hayfever, something I was never bothered with until now.
Hope you get better soon and get into the Jam and Jelly making

highlander
30-Sep-08, 22:58
Thank goodness i dont get hayfever, or i might as well move out of the country, no use having it and living on a farm lol

hell raizer
30-Sep-08, 23:04
Has anyone else experienced thier asthma worse in this damp weather, since sunday i have felt terrible, im not wheezing too bad, not got a chest infection but no energy, i set the fire and then completely washed out. How do you manage when the weather is so cold and damp, now i think i will be housebound over the rest of the week with this gales being forecasted, so i guess you will all have to put up with multi posting from me, so lets have some topics folks. lol
my asthmas been bad for a couple of days, like you i'll be stuck in the house for the rest of the week. i always get bad when the weather changes, here's hoping the winds are not as bad as they are saying :(

slinky
01-Oct-08, 00:49
asthma been good is week im on a ventolin inhalor a week have been for 7 years thats not including my 3 preventitives inhalers and my singular tablets 1 a night

binbob
01-Oct-08, 11:43
Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good Highlander.

Yes my asthma has definitely been worse since the colder weather but then it wasn't too good in the summer either when the pollen was high so can't win!:roll:
I actually feel today like I have a temperature and my sinusitis is playing up.

Like yourself I will be practically housebound. Usually go out for walks but won't be able to if it is really windy and cold. I do find in the colder weather I need to put a scarf over my face to avoid breathing in the cold air.

Maybe we should both crawl under the duvet and hibernate until Spring!:confused

i am in the same boat ...it has to be the cooler air and i have had the heating on a few times..never helps. the nights are worse than the days...was awake until 3 am this morning.coughing /wheezing so much.
well ,roll on spring ..then the pollens will get us!!!happy days..

Bakerbhoy
01-Oct-08, 22:06
Yip defo noticed asthma has been worse this week but I don't let it stop me going out, still manage horse riding, walking dog and taking my daughter out on her pony. Lived with it for more years than not so certainly not letting it stop my life.

highlander
02-Oct-08, 07:21
I am so glad Bakerbhoy that you can manage to do all these things, some peoples asthma can affect them differently and have thier life more restricted to activities outside. I my case i know how far to push myself or should i say my body tells me, i have to be very careful not to get chest infections as i especially do not want back to go back into hospital and end up into intensive care again.

over-the-ord
02-Oct-08, 07:45
mines is worse in the winter, not looking forward to the feeding of the ponies and taking them in and out to the stable, as i have to walk a bit further this winter as they had to get moved to another field!
my last bad attack ended up in ITU 4 yrs ago, end up on steroids every other month in the winter to keep mines under control :roll:
my asthma is best controlled abroad dont need any inhalers,
do you think i can get a winter holiday on prescription [lol]

Liz
02-Oct-08, 12:09
I am so glad Bakerbhoy that you can manage to do all these things, some peoples asthma can affect them differently and have thier life more restricted to activities outside. I my case i know how far to push myself or should i say my body tells me, i have to be very careful not to get chest infections as i especially do not want back to go back into hospital and end up into intensive care again.

Totally agree with you Highlander. As with every illness everyone is affected differently with some only suffering mildy to others being incapacitated. Take care of yourself!

my asthma is best controlled abroad dont need any inhalers,
do you think i can get a winter holiday on prescription [lol]

Wouldn't that be great! Hee hee. I was told that the climate I live in doesn't help my illnesses but don't really have much choice!:confused

Bakerbhoy
03-Oct-08, 19:26
It is a scary thing though isn't it, a family friend died from an asthma attack years ago so vowed I wouldn't let it stop me doing the things I loved although sometimes I do pay the price hahaha.

Do you all get the flu injection? I got it once and found it made me 10x worse, I had no end of colds and chest infections. Never had it since although the docs keep trying to persuade me.

Liz
03-Oct-08, 22:57
Do you all get the flu injection? I got it once and found it made me 10x worse, I had no end of colds and chest infections. Never had it since although the docs keep trying to persuade me.

No I haven't had one as heard of so many people having adverse reactions. Think the Doc has given up asking me!

I take Echinacea,Colloidal Silver and homeopathic nosodes instead in the hope I will avoid the dreaded flu.

Welcomefamily
04-Oct-08, 09:14
There does appear to be a little virus going around that is causing breathlessness and cughing as well.

funky-dunky
04-Oct-08, 18:11
hiya i have had asthma since i was born and i have nearly died about four or five times so i cant say its been as bad as that but this last couple of weeks i have had really bad asthma finally went away, i went a walk down to the shop thursday or friday since then its been toltally bad, had bad time trying to get to the doctors on fri so just phoned for the ambulance they put me on the neb but i still wasnt right they said just go to the doctors at half past four, went to the doctors but they just gave me antibiotics and steriods and said that should work but i am really bad just now dont know what to do, everyone tells me to go to the doctors so i do and they just give me tablets thats not working