PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism at Lybster

golach
11-Jan-06, 12:25
The total destruction of the park benches in the playpark to me typifies the youth of today, I deplore acts as this, Why would anyone do this? What gratification do they get from it?
Bring back the BIRCH I say

Julia
11-Jan-06, 13:40
It's terrible, hopefully someone saw or heard something, I doubt you could break a bench to that extent quietly!

Name and shame I say even if they are kids, I doubt they'd ever do it again if that were the case.

paris
11-Jan-06, 13:59
we used to live there so know what its like !

scorrie
11-Jan-06, 15:18
The total destruction of the park benches in the playpark to me typifies the youth of today, I deplore acts as this, Why would anyone do this? What gratification do they get from it?
Bring back the BIRCH I say

Now, now, NO smacking the kids!!

These are innocent young people who have been let down by Their Parents/The Government/Society in General/Old Fogies who don't understand them (delete as appropriate)

These vandals are merely using their act of destruction as a cry for help, they need councelling, guidance and sympathy because it is not their fault and their behaviour can be traced back to a deprived childhood, ie Only getting an xBox when all their mates were getting a Playstation 2

Government funding should be set up immediately to ensure that all kids have access to the top range consoles, mobile phones and MP3 players and a guaranteed session with a psychotherapist to explain to them that it is all their parents' fault.

We can no longer turn a blind I-Pod to the needs of these poor kids.

On second thoughts, let's use the Birch, and not just a branch!! Bring on the whole trunk and Jumbo size at that!!

katarina
11-Jan-06, 17:44
It's terrible, hopefully someone saw or heard something, I doubt you could break a bench to that extent quietly!

Name and shame I say even if they are kids, I doubt they'd ever do it again if that were the case.

Kids destroyed the picnic benches in the Green Road park in Wick a week after they were erected. Also the benches further up the river, built of stone no less - they must have some time dislodging the stones and freeing them from the concrete - but bit by bit, they are managing it! If only that time and effort could be channelled into something constructive rather than destructive.

landmarker
11-Jan-06, 20:31
I'm genuinely dismayed and surprised. If this and others like it are a regular occurence in your neck of the woods then the whole of Britain really is shafted. What a great shame these nutjobs cannot find better things to do than wrecking their own environment.

Consequences, that's what they need....serious consequences.

JAWS
12-Jan-06, 02:12
A thief I can understand, it unacceptable and wrong, but none the less, I can understand.
But what on earth does anybody get out of wanton destruction just for the sake of it?
Apart from the fact that they display their stupidity to all and sundry what are they trying to prove?
Are they trying to show that they are braver than a plank of wood or that the plank of wood has more sense?

One thing I am certain of is that it needs stamping on and stamping on now, before more idiots think it's a good idea and that they can get away with it.
There can't be that many morons around that they don't stand out.

It needs stopping now, before it becomes the norm.

golach
12-Jan-06, 11:30
A thief I can understand, it unacceptable and wrong, but none the less, I can understand.
But what on earth does anybody get out of wanton destruction just for the sake of it?
Apart from the fact that they display their stupidity to all and sundry what are they trying to prove?
Are they trying to show that they are braver than a plank of wood or that the plank of wood has more sense?

One thing I am certain of is that it needs stamping on and stamping on now, before more idiots think it's a good idea and that they can get away with it.
There can't be that many morons around that they don't stand out.

It needs stopping now, before it becomes the norm.

This is getting scary I am finding myself agreeing with Jaws more and more, is there a cure [para]

JAWS
12-Jan-06, 14:01
That's probably because I was making a serious comment and not just being mischievous to get a good debate going.
I do try to control it but sometimes it just happens!

mischief
12-Jan-06, 21:17
to be honest i don't see why kids nowadays have to trash everything!!
the people who did this crime obviously havn't got much common sense 'cos they'll want to sit down sooner or later!!
p.s its still not on though!:confused