PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic news!!!!

highlander
30-Sep-08, 14:35
The Gurkhas have won thier right to stay in UK. At last some common sence results.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7644441.stm

Alice in Blunderland
30-Sep-08, 14:52
Thank goodness at last. This should never have needed to go to court.

Well done to those involved in this victory. :D

wifie
30-Sep-08, 14:52
Good! ............ :)

Kenn
30-Sep-08, 15:02
Not before time this whole saga has been an absolute disgrace!

golach
30-Sep-08, 15:19
Not before time this whole saga has been an absolute disgrace!
Exactly Lizz, common sense has at last prevailed

Bad Manners
30-Sep-08, 15:26
It is not before time it has been a total disgrace that they have had to wait this long. I hope now they will be able to plan for their future safe in the knowledge that they will always have a home here. after how they served us it was only right that they should have some kind of security. Best of luck lads.

muffin
30-Sep-08, 16:51
I was totally relieved by the news, what an embassment to be British when they won't let these people live here after all they have done for us.

Mik.M.
30-Sep-08, 17:21
Fight for this country,get a hard time. Fight AGAINST this country,get a free house,benefits and a car and get the rest of yor family to join you for free! Disgraceful the way these men & current service personell have been treated.Someone has eventually seen sense at last.

pat
30-Sep-08, 17:47
Thank goodness - a judge with some sense.

Rheghead
30-Sep-08, 17:55
It isn't over yet, the Government has to go along with the judgement.

MadPict
30-Sep-08, 18:10
Well done to all those who helped in their fight for 'justice'.

Rheghead,
I think the government might just consider letting this one go - they are unpopular enough at the moment...

veekay
30-Sep-08, 18:15
Rheghead,
I think the government might just consider letting this one go - they are unpopular enough at the moment...

Lets hope you are right on this one. Nice to have some good news for a change but what a waste of our money taking it too court when there should have been no argument in the first place

teenybash
30-Sep-08, 19:04
Hands up for the Ghurkas.............Surely this goverment??? will aprove...if not it's time ThEy were shipped out.;)

Ricco
30-Sep-08, 19:11
Terrific... and well deserved too.

bobandag16
30-Sep-08, 19:46
quote=highlander;439715]The Gurkhas have won thier right to stay in UK. At last some common sence results.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7644441.stm[/quote]
good news but the govern ment says it will review the cases why . just another loophole to do the dirty on some. trust gone out of the window regarging any veterans. mark there sheets dnr.

domino
30-Sep-08, 20:33
I think it is long overdue. When you see the other nationalities who are allowed to stay here and have contributed nothing it is a damn disgrace

balto
30-Sep-08, 20:34
about time this happened ,long time coming.

Bruce_H
30-Sep-08, 20:34
I am an outsider to be certain, but for the life of me, given the stories my father told of serving with the Gurkhas during WW2, I cannot imagine why this was ever any kind of question. The UK government seems to have a very liberal policy towards naturalizing members of former empire countries, and I would think that under that kind of thinking the Gurkhas would be welcomed as heroes and patriots.

Good to see that they are going to do the right thing.

Bruce H

Tristan
30-Sep-08, 20:40
It should never have been an issue but I am glad it looks like it is going ahead.

Tighsonas4
01-Oct-08, 10:46
as someone has already said it should never cropped up in the first place
use these brave men and then try to dump them tony

Kevin Milkins
01-Oct-08, 10:58
Thank god for British justice.