PDA

View Full Version : reading ingredient question

pirateeye
29-Sep-08, 23:01
been looking at a recipe and in the ingredient list it says i need some salt and some cinnamon. only thing is i can't read how much salt and cinnamon. i suppose i could guess but i'd like to get it right as i am not very clever at guessing what and how much of what to put in what! (cinnamon in vegetable soup?) and often too much pepper!!
anyways, the recipe has a little box before salt and cinnamon and i dont know what this means. its like a box of a teaspoon of salt?
does anyone know? its like - box tsp salt; box tsp cinnamon.

?

ks
29-Sep-08, 23:05
been looking at a recipe and in the ingredient list it says i need some salt and some cinnamon. only thing is i can't read how much salt and cinnamon. i suppose i could guess but i'd like to get it right as i am not very clever at guessing what and how much of what to put in what! (cinnamon in vegetable soup?) and often too much pepper!!
anyways, the recipe has a little box before salt and cinnamon and i dont know what this means. its like a box of a teaspoon of salt?
does anyone know? its like - box tsp salt; box tsp cinnamon.

?

Not sure what this means but try googling the recipe and see what measurements they give.

wifie
29-Sep-08, 23:14
Is this box before all the ingredients or just the salt and cinamon?

pirateeye
29-Sep-08, 23:36
just before the salt and cinnamon but its got another box where it says preheat oven to 170 degrees C. maybe it's supposed to be a little 'o' and the 'o' before the salt and cinnamon means a pinch? lol i really have no idea.
i checked other recipes on google, thanks. one recipe says two tsp cinnamon and no salt (?) another says none of each! then theres another one that has nutmeg instead of the cinnamon

maybe i should just ask you guys...i am going to make bread and butter pudding (for the first time!) so i have no idea what i am doing and i found what i thought was an easy recipe but i don't understand the boxes?
so...do you know how much salt and cinnamon i should use or should i use nutmeg instead of the cinnamon?:D

alanatkie
30-Sep-08, 07:45
There is a recipe here for bread & butter pudding if that helps

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=24033&highlight=bread+butter+pudding

catsbasket
01-Oct-08, 23:22
thanks
ill just guess it i suppose. what could go wrong? :roll:
its a simple recpie which should do me fine