PDA

View Full Version : Heat store/bank system in house

morra
29-Sep-08, 20:48
Hi
Strange question but does anyone know anyone with a heat store or heat bank in their house? Need a new efficient heating system in our house but would like to hear from anyone who has this before going for the plunge! Any info appreciated. thanks:)

Liz
30-Sep-08, 19:58
Excuse my ignorance but what kind of heating is this?

I am also looking for an alternative to my coal fire.

morra
30-Sep-08, 21:27
Hi my understanding is that your heating system heats up a heat exchanger which in turn heats your hot water and radiators. You get drinkable hot water at mains pressure! Just really a new way off thinking about using the energy you produce by whatever means. We are hoping to use a log burner and oil boiler to work system. Just wondering if anyone had this already and how they are getting on wi it.

Liz
30-Sep-08, 22:17
Hi Morra

Thanks a lot for explaining this to me. It sounds really interesting.

Hope someone can give you some feedback.

Good luck!:D

molly
21-Oct-08, 13:21
Hi Morra,

We have a log burner that heats all our water and passes it through our radiators and underfloor heating system. Our showers use the hot water produced as well. We have had it for nearly 2 and half years. We also have a small oil tank as back up. The oil was put in first as it was in our plans for our house. It took a while to do the homework and get a system that would work for us. So far we are happy with it.

morra
02-Dec-08, 12:16
Thanks Molly, just need to work out what we need now! Thanks again x:D