PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One?

wifie
29-Sep-08, 10:00
I have just read the thread title "Ducks and Geese" - immediately I broke into a song form Oaklahoma in my head! (I did :roll:) Does anyone else do this - see or hear something which put a song in their noggin?
wife toddles off in her surrey with the fringe on top...................

Nibbler
29-Sep-08, 10:14
Dont worry Wifie - you aint alone there.

The other day, I was in the chemists with a prescription. Was waiting for it and (dont know what prompted it) but the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tune popped into my head. As it was merrily playing in my brain (term is used very loosely indeed - there is something there but not sure what) the chemist was saying my daughters name and I am standing there (probably with a very vacant look on my face) not registering the fact her prescription was ready. The chemist must have recognised me as the one who put it in as he started waving at me!!

Not to say I was a bit embarrased :confused.

wifie
29-Sep-08, 10:30
LOL nibbler!
PS You probs have "baby brain" just now so don't worry! :)

changilass
29-Sep-08, 10:34
I have just read the thread title "Ducks and Geese" - immediately I broke into a song form Oaklahoma in my head! (I did :roll:) Does anyone else do this - see or hear something which put a song in their noggin?

Now you see that one had me singing 'ugly duckling' - am sure someone could analyse our reactions but not sure I want to hear the results lol

wifie
29-Sep-08, 10:36
Now you see that one had me singing 'ugly duckling' - am sure someone could analyse our reactions but not sure I want to hear the results lol

:eek: Man alive changi - never thought of that!
wifie now wanders off wonderin what fellow orgers are thinkin of her...............

Rie
29-Sep-08, 10:38
lol you lot have just made me feel sane , i am always putting songs to things i hear or read , and thanks wifie now have all the songs from oaklahoma going through my noggin xx

wifie
29-Sep-08, 10:40
Hey Rie good to hear from you again! Hope yer likin Oaklahoma! ;) [lol]

Melancholy Man
29-Sep-08, 10:43
I was walking down Olrig Street t'other day when London Bridge is Falling Down popped into my head.

It was all I could to do stop myself going on a killing spree.

wifie
29-Sep-08, 10:45
MM stop yer nonsense! Not one of us believes for one minute you are a psycho! :roll:
Emmmm do we?........................

Angela
29-Sep-08, 10:47
Abba's 'Money, Money, Money' is going through my head right now -no idea why, unless it's a response to hearing financial crisis, credit crunch etc several times a day.... but it just won't go away! :roll:

Anyone know how to get these darn tunes out of your head? :confused

wifie
29-Sep-08, 10:49
Oh noooooooooo! Why did I read Angela's post? Now have Money, Money, Money goin round in me nut!
~~~~~~ brings back happy memories of a float in Inverness in the mid 80s tho - blue sparkly wig and fishnets! ;) ~~~~~~~

Rie
29-Sep-08, 10:50
just wondering now what tune will pop in to my head as i bounce around in the pool at aqua aerobics !!!!! i am doomed and its all your fault wifie !! but i love ya xx

wifie
29-Sep-08, 10:50
Aaaaw shucks! :o

Rheghead
29-Sep-08, 11:06

I always get a song in my head from the musical Orglahoma,
especially when I see a thread full of discontent. It is...

"Oh What beautiful Moaning!"

Sapphire2803
29-Sep-08, 11:07
Oh noooooooooo! Why did I read Angela's post? Now have Money, Money, Money goin round in me nut!
~~~~~~ brings back happy memories of a float in Inverness in the mid 80s tho - blue sparkly wig and fishnets! ;) ~~~~~~~

This post is useless without pics! ;)

My noggin toon this last couple of weeks (yes that flippin long) has been that timeless classic 'Ma Nah, Ma Nah' by the Muppets. :eek:

Angela
29-Sep-08, 11:11

Ooh Rheg, you've inspired me!

Oh what a beautiful moaning!
Oh what a beautiful thought,
I've got an ominous feeling
Everything's going to pot! ;) Hope not! :D

Kenn
29-Sep-08, 12:17
"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I've got a glorious feeling, every thing's going my way."
Then the postman arrived with a pile of bills!
"Tell me why, tell me why I hate Mondays!"

rockchick
29-Sep-08, 13:16
Abba's 'Money, Money, Money' is going through my head right now -no idea why, unless it's a response to hearing financial crisis, credit crunch etc several times a day.... but it just won't go away! :roll:

Anyone know how to get these darn tunes out of your head? :confused
Have you checked your Euromillions lottery ticket yet? Maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something!!:Razz

Angela
29-Sep-08, 13:21
Have you checked your Euromillions lottery ticket yet? Maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something!!:Razz

I didn't buy one, Rockchick -maybe my subconscious is trying me I should've done?

More likely it's trying to remind me about upcoming expenses such as home insurance annual payment and visit to dentist......[evil]

helenwyler
29-Sep-08, 14:37
If I were a rich man [gal],
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum
If I were a wealthy man [gal].....

Try belting out this one, whilst wiggling your bits and pieces. Guaranteed temporary hilarity and relief from pecuniary preoccupation :lol:.

I am banned from singing at home :D.

Angela
29-Sep-08, 14:42
If I were a rich man [gal],
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum
If I were a wealthy man [gal].....

I am banned from singing at home

And I think we can see why, Helen!

Biddy biddy bum? :roll:

Down to the far end of the garden with you! [lol]

wifie
29-Sep-08, 14:43

Ha ha ha now I am imagining the policeman for 'Allo 'Allo!

This post is useless without pics!

My noggin toon this last couple of weeks (yes that flippin long) has been that timeless classic 'Ma Nah, Ma Nah' by the Muppets.

Well Sapphire I could have obliged had my only copy not gone awol - person who borrowed it swears blind they never had it! [disgust] And I can't find the neg!
Also, perhaps you should have that seen to - a couple of weeks! :confused

"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I've got a glorious feeling, every thing's going my way."
Then the postman arrived with a pile of bills!
"Tell me why, tell me why I hate Mondays!"

Neat bridge there lizz into the Rats! :)

helenwyler
29-Sep-08, 14:49
And I think we can see why, Helen!

Biddy biddy bum? :roll:

Down to the far end of the garden with you! [lol]

Bona fide lyrics, Angela :lol:!
http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?id=82536

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/bestofbroadway-americanmusical/ifiwerearichman.htm

northener
29-Sep-08, 15:00
"Anything goes in, anything goes out.
Fish, bananas, old pyjamas, mutton, beef and trout."

It's from Monty Pythons 'Bring on the skating vicar!' sketch and it's driving me nuts.
I caught myself singing it whilst in the bank this morning......:eek:

Sapphire2803
29-Sep-08, 15:13
Well Sapphire I could have obliged had my only copy not gone awol - person who borrowed it swears blind they never had it! [disgust] And I can't find the neg!
Also, perhaps you should have that seen to - a couple of weeks! :confused

I have it as an mp3 and the kids quite often ask me to play it, which probably explains a lot. It's my default tune in my head, I do get a couple of hours of something else and then back to the Muppets.

At the moment, thanks to Northerner mentioning Monty Python I am sitting here singing 'The Penis Song' :eek:

wifie
29-Sep-08, 23:33
"Anything goes in, anything goes out.
Fish, bananas, old pyjamas, mutton, beef and trout."

It's from Monty Pythons 'Bring on the skating vicar!' sketch and it's driving me nuts.
I caught myself singing it whilst in the bank this morning......:eek:

LOL! I just looked that up on U Choob - ta Northener - funny! :)
Were you wearin yer pixie hat in the bank - is that what made you think of it? [lol]

northener
29-Sep-08, 23:52
LOL! I just looked that up on U Choob - ta Northener - funny! :)
Were you wearin yer pixie hat in the bank - is that what made you think of it? [lol]

.............buggger.....

northener
30-Sep-08, 00:04
I'd completely forgot about Peter Cooke being in the 'live' sketch...brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO0zEfrEle4

dunny
30-Sep-08, 00:29
Yesterday I was in Wick Tesco with my 2 year old son. For no apparent reason 'Yes my name is Iggle Piggle' from the CBeebies programme 'In the Night Garden' came into my head in the greetings cards aisle, and without particularly thinking about where I was, I started singing it out loud to my son (as I sometimes do in the house).

Of course this would probably be ok, but as I continued browsing through the Birthday cards, unknown to me, my wee boy had grown tired of waiting and scarpered off round the corner to the next aisle where the toys were, leaving me standing there singing to myself. By the time I realised and looked up it was too late. A woman came round the corner just as I was melodically reeling off 'Iggle-piggle-wiggle-wiggle-wiggle'...

needless to say I quickly retrieved my son from the next aisle and shot off in the general direction of the electrical section to avoid embarrassment...

sassylass
30-Sep-08, 01:17
Songs pop into my head constantly. I hear a phrase or sentence and it reminds me of some tune and I can't help myself but sing. Often I make up my own words to suit the occasion. It drives ma beeg sis crazy, but honestly I can't help it.

wifie
30-Sep-08, 14:54
Don't even know the name of it but I have been humming that new tune by Dido over and over and over and...................................:roll: