PDA

View Full Version : What are we up to today??

Nibbler
29-Sep-08, 09:54
Hi Everyone

Fits e plans for eday??

We (me and my daughter) are chilling out watching the Little Einsteins. Its the one with the bumble bee.

Shortly, will be time for toast and then out for a walk, me thinks. Hope it stays dry :lol:.

This afternoon, a bit of housework (maybe :() and a dvd.

What is everyone else up to?? (Sorry for those of you at work - maternity leave is a great thing!!)

arana negra
29-Sep-08, 09:58
Recovering from bad fall, on painkillers, ice pack two places, elevated hand and shoulder, blooming sore head where it connected HARD with wall also.

No bones were broken in the stunt ( could have some money on youv'e been framed I reckon)

BUT DON'T try this at home it HURTS :(

golach
29-Sep-08, 10:01
Thinking ( just Thinking ) of washing the windows, having my second caffeine boost, may come to my senses soon [lol]

Nibbler
29-Sep-08, 10:03
Oh Arana Negra

That is no so good :(. Wishing you a speedy recovery and

DONT DO THAT AGAIN!!

Seriously, get well soon. At least you can still type :lol:

Nibbler
29-Sep-08, 10:04
Golach - it is such a shame you are down south. I was going to rope you in to coming round to do mine :lol:

Caffine boost - now thats something worth while :eek:

I'm off for a cuppa

Back soon

porshiepoo
29-Sep-08, 10:05
Housework at the moment - love it!
Then an hour or so in the gym - lucky girl as I have my own!
Then I'm either going to finally get around to setting up this Wii and play on it or else I'm going to make some christmas cards. Decisions, decisions. :lol:

Kevin Milkins
29-Sep-08, 10:14
I was just reading Arana Negra misfortunes and my wife tripped over the edge of the kithchen mat, ( fortunatly did not hurt herself ).
Hope you get well soon Arana Negra.
I have been boarding out my loft a bit at a time to create some storage space. Might do a bit more of that today

the second coming
29-Sep-08, 10:18
chillin, sciving from looking after new bairn B and rascal bairn A. Composing a message regarding the Panda Liberation Organisation and Melancholy Mans infiltration into the upper ranks and finding their proposals to build lots of wind mills, coast to coast, seashore to highest peak. And beyond, including the first stratospheric wind farm to be grid connected to the National Grid Transmission lines and operated by little furry martians (funded by the Panda's of course). Only to find the thread has been closed. Drat!!

Dam those Panda's

Remember you heard it her first.

rockchick
29-Sep-08, 10:24
Sitting at my desk working, with Caithness.org on in the background...will work a 12 hour day, then hopefully go for a run, make tea, eat said tea, and collapse in small heap to sleep for a few blessed hours before getting up and doing it again tomorrow.

golach
29-Sep-08, 10:27
Coffee intake completed, Windows here I come, being hounded by Mrs G, and Wifie, I canna escape, even on the Org [lol]

Billy Boy
29-Sep-08, 10:27
Nothing all day...........:D

changilass
29-Sep-08, 10:28
Making a christmas stocking for the bairn, then starting an advent calendar for him.

Gonna be making fudge later thanks to alanaktie, saw the recipe and went out and bought condensed milk, what is it about being on a diet that encourages baking:lol:

KCI
29-Sep-08, 10:36
I'm about to shut myself in the spare room again, trying to sort through all the junk!
I've made some progress now - I can see about half of the floor! :lol:

Kevin Milkins
29-Sep-08, 10:42
I'm about to shut myself in the spare room again, trying to sort through all the junk!

Boared the loft out ,you know it makes sense.lol:lol:

changilass
29-Sep-08, 10:43
Just how beeg is the spare room KCI, me thinks its a bitty like the tardis :lol:

KCI
29-Sep-08, 10:44
Just how beeg is the spare room KCI, me thinks its a bitty like the tardis :lol:

I was thinking the same thing just the other day!
I've been telling Nibbler for weeks now, that I'm clearing out the spare room, and I can't believe I'm still doing it!
I blame my hubby - it seems to be all his junk! :roll:

changilass
29-Sep-08, 10:44

I wanted to do that but have horizontal supports at about waist height, so not worth the trouble.

KCI
29-Sep-08, 10:45

This spare bedroom is actually in the loft, Kevin!
We did a loft conversion, and that's why all the junk ended up in the spare room! :eek:

Nibbler
29-Sep-08, 10:46
You lot are putting me to shame. Daughter feel asleep during Little Einsteins so I am still here :lol:

I have done nothing yet - not even the toast. Got a cuppa though Golach

Was thinking Porshiepoo, when your done, forget the gym and come round mine. I can give you a work out here too

Glad your wife didn't hurt herself Kevin.

The second coming - there is some panda programme on Sky if your having withdrawal symptoms

Rockchick - I am just knackered reading your post. You are some woman for doing that! I suppose I do a 12 hour shift but I certainly dont go for a run afterwards (I do that during my shift!!)

Billy Boy - me is jealous :mad:

Changilass - you are so organised. Christmas is coming just too quick for my liking and daughter turns one just before it so it will be an interesting one this year. Looking forward to it. Condensed milk - man, I used to love opening a can and drinking it straight out of it. Ohh, bliss

KCI - you should be done of that by now. What you been up to???

Thanks for all your replies. I have really enjoyed the banter on this one.

Cheers :)

P.S. Golach - you done that windows yet???

KCI
29-Sep-08, 10:49
I seem to be so organised in the morning, when I first get up, then it all goes wrong!
I'm no use at not working - too much spare time for me, I think!
I sit at this computer most of the day, posting replies on threads, and doing online Christmas shopping!
See - I'm still here! Haven't even made it into the spare room yet! :roll:

Torvaig
29-Sep-08, 10:49
Making a christmas stocking for the bairn, then starting an advent calendar for him.

Gonna be making fudge later thanks to alanaktie, saw the recipe and went out and bought condensed milk, what is it about being on a diet that encourages baking:lol:

FUDGE, fudge, did I hear someone mention fudge? What's your address again Changi.......:lol:

NLP
29-Sep-08, 10:50
I got a 1001 practical uses with vinegar book for my birthday so things are getting the vinegar treatment, then it's pickup wee one from playschool and go swimming.

carasmam
29-Sep-08, 10:55
I've just made a big pan o tattie soup. Having a quick skivey surf not sure what I'll do then :D

unicornleather
29-Sep-08, 12:40
Eating my dinner then back down my workshop..

balto
29-Sep-08, 14:06
Hi Everyone

Fits e plans for eday??

We (me and my daughter) are chilling out watching the Little Einsteins. Its the one with the bumble bee.

Shortly, will be time for toast and then out for a walk, me thinks. Hope it stays dry :lol:.

This afternoon, a bit of housework (maybe :() and a dvd.

What is everyone else up to?? (Sorry for those of you at work - maternity leave is a great thing!!)
oh have to agree with you there maternity leave is brilliant, just started mine over a week ago and havent got so much done, this morning i took my 2 year old son to toddlers , now this afternoon i am going to atempt to make fudge.

balto
29-Sep-08, 14:15

you will have to let me know how your fudge goes as i am going to try the same recipe that alanaktie gave, just hope i dont burn it lol.:mad:

Torvaig
29-Sep-08, 14:31
I'm sitting here huffing as my dog has just stolen a garlic baguette I had sitting ready to go into the oven! I do try to remember not to leave anything within his reach as he is a greedy little beggar but today my mind was elsewhere.

It's not that he was hungry as he had his breakfast and had also begged a biscuit off a certain shop in town where the ladies know him and where he can't pass the door without pulling me in for same!

Good job it was a twinpack.......:lol:

balto
29-Sep-08, 14:34
I'm sitting here huffing as my dog has just stolen a garlic baguette I had sitting ready to go into the oven! I do try to remember not to leave anything within his reach as he is a greedy little beggar but today my mind was elsewhere.

It's not that he was hungry as he had his breakfast and had also begged a biscuit off a certain shop in town where the ladies know him and where he can't pass the door without pulling me in for same!

Good job it was a twinpack.......:lol:
ah whatever you do dont ask your dog for a kiss lol.[lol][lol]

Torvaig
29-Sep-08, 14:43
ah whatever you do dont ask your dog for a kiss lol.[lol][lol]

After stealing the baguette he ain't never getting a kiss from me again! [evil]

Tugmistress
29-Sep-08, 15:19
started work at 7.30, finished the shift, sat around with a friend for a couple of hours, shift number 2 finished, then lidls then home, sat here, knitted, sat here, shift 3 later, then home, then tea, having lobster and tomatoes and prawns, then will sit here and more knitting then bed. that's today.

porshiepoo
29-Sep-08, 15:22
All my lazy intentions for today so far have come to nothing.
Done the housework then went outside and was stacking blocks for OH (we're building a house) and have been moving wood and various other non-lazy activities.
Ah well, the blessed thought was there. Guess I'll have to wait till a rainy day before I can get on with the cards. :(

cuddlepop
29-Sep-08, 15:26
Walk the dogs,feed the dogs,play with the dogs,walk the dogs,play with the dogs and soon feed the dogs ........

Scorie is hard work just now.still a big puppy that requires lots of attention and so the other dog doesnt feel left out she comes along too.

He's actually napping at the minute so can sneak a few minutes on the Org.:eek:

alanatkie
29-Sep-08, 15:40
Don't blame me that your baking changilass :lol:

Did washing, Had physio, Got blood pressure monitor that have to wear for 24 hrs :~( Handed my notice in to work today, then will be making dinner & doing my snowman x stitch

Ash
29-Sep-08, 15:49
took wee one to nursery
came home had tea and toast
did washing
picked up wee one
hung washing out, then it rained some more
took dog out
lunch
now doing college work, well on the org lol
then making spag bol for tea

changilass
29-Sep-08, 16:13
mmmmmmmmmmm fudge still not set, must buy one of yon fancy themometer thinggies afore I try it the next time.

Will give it another hour or so then its ice cream topping - waste not want not and all that :lol:

Fran
30-Sep-08, 01:49

there are car boot sales this weekend, that will help you get rid of it all

balto
30-Sep-08, 13:11
mmmmmmmmmmm fudge still not set, must buy one of yon fancy themometer thinggies afore I try it the next time.

Will give it another hour or so then its ice cream topping - waste not want not and all that :lol:
so did your fudge set in the end as mine never, mind you it tastes lovly.:D

changilass
30-Sep-08, 14:12
Nope it didn't set lol, but as you say it tasts yummy.

I did buy 2 tins of condensed milk so may have to give it another try, its either that or millionares shortbread.

arana negra
30-Sep-08, 14:21
Coffee in bed from husband, got up, fed dog, put in some washing, did the ironing from last time, had breakfast, hung out washing and put in next load. Took all the fabric off drawer in old sideboard, cleaned drawer. Hung out rest of washing. Played with pup, had shower, had lunch. sent some e mails, browsed net, had a coffee now off to take in washing and have another coffee maybe a slice of homemade bread with homemade marmalade too :) browse some more till the worker comes home :D

jings00
30-Sep-08, 14:36
quick skive from doin ma homework for tonight, just been a quick w.a.l.k with muttly too.
better lash on.

Nibbler
30-Sep-08, 14:49
Arana Negra - aint you doing too much girly. You should still be in recovery.

Changilass and Balto - you pair are making ma mouth water with your fudge. Its been years since I made and I aint gonna start again now. (I just end up eating it all hence the name Nibbler :lol:.) As for millionaires shortbread - oh, dont go there!!!!!

My great plans yesterday for the housework never came off but there is a surprise. Tonight (if I dont get it done before then) I will be making cauliflower and cheese for the little one once she is tucked up in bed.

This afternoon, as little as possible will be done. Little one about to sleep so this is my escape onto the org.

arana negra
30-Sep-08, 15:51
[quote=Nibbler;439728]Arana Negra - aint you doing too much girly. You should still be in recovery.quote]

ERRRRR yes I should, will get into trouble from husband also :lol: have slowed down to a standstill well sit still now with the Scally on my chair :)

arana negra
02-Oct-08, 22:48
Started my day with visit to hospital, good news bad news and big bill ! After much man (well woman) handling of my now much more sore bits, my head injury is external and could take up to 21 days to be pain free. App made for tomorrow for MR on my shoulder and ordinary x-ray on my hand again, which is now encased in rigid plastic splint. I came home took my painkillers and went to bed. Pain is horrendous at the minute, trying to ignore it.

Thanks for good wishes :)

changilass
02-Oct-08, 23:06
Arana Negra hope you heal soon and get out of pain.

Fudge update

Scraped the non set fudge off the grease proof paper and put back int eh pan to boil, beat the living daylights out of it an put in in a fresh tray.

Have to report that there is now no fudge left, it worked and it was yummy, hubby wants me to make more tomorrow.

It seems that the trick is in the beating, and I was in a serious beating mood yesterday.

carasmam
02-Oct-08, 23:09
Fudge update

Scraped the non set fudge off the grease proof paper and put back int eh pan to boil, beat the living daylights out of it an put in in a fresh tray.

Have to report that there is now no fudge left, it worked and it was yummy, hubby wants me to make more tomorrow.

It seems that the trick is in the beating, and I was in a serious beating mood yesterday.

Lol, you have to be in a really bad mood and pretend it is the person who annoyed you's face :Razz Always works for me..

changilass
04-Oct-08, 02:21
Spent a rather nice evening in a beeg tent, with good food, drink, entertainment and best of all good company.

Came home with lots of baloons for the wee free man.

Melancholy Man
07-Oct-08, 21:14
... taking my feet out of the pedals, bracing my legs and readying to preform a parachute jump out of the way of a careering van...

wee sparkle
08-Oct-08, 13:42
I woke up with a sore head today, and so managed to convince my mum to let me stay off school :p hehehe, feeling better now though and will definately be back there tomorow. Its quite nice having the house all peaceful! Mind you though, my younger sister was ill too, so not exactly bliss.

OOoooooooh theres Alice home! Yeap thats definately her, the kettles boiling :lol:

x

balto
08-Oct-08, 14:20
today, i havent done much except the housework, as i have no energy atall, could do with having a nap but have a 2 year old who wont sleep during the day anymore, oh just incase anyone thinks i am being lazy, i am nearly 32 weeks pregnant.

Nibbler
08-Oct-08, 14:56
I haven't done much myself today but I dont have a good reason like Balto. (By the way, best of luck when the time comes Balto.)

Yesterday, I was out at the horses and had a great time. Hadn't been out for over a month and I was really needing ma equine fix!!!

Saying that, I'm a bit sore eday (my own fault) but getting there.

Little one is enjoying Mickey Mouse just now afore we head round to Granny and Grandads.

Tomorrow, I'm getting my hair done. About time too some would say :lol:. Its a bit ..................

Need to get organised for visiting so if I'm still signed in after quarter past three please someone PM to get me off this blinkin machine!!!!!