PDA

View Full Version : power trips

pedromcgrory
10-Jan-06, 23:20
any 1 elses power keep cutting off for a sec then coming back on street lights were off but on now lucky i got to write this turning it off now just incase

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 23:29
any 1 elses power keep cutting off for a sec then coming back on street lights were off but on now lucky i got to write this turning it off now just incaseDon't you read the other posts??

angela5
10-Jan-06, 23:31
Read possible storm warning.

Stargazer
10-Jan-06, 23:50
What causes the lights to flicker. Any experts out there?

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 00:06
Don't you read the other posts??For the person who bad repped me taking off 5 points with the comment"dont you know how to post a link" The answer is "No", actually i dont or I would have done it!!
:(

squidge
11-Jan-06, 00:18
hmm connie's bad rep comment led me to think we were talking about a different kind of "power trip" The sort that lets people get a kick out of the power to chastise.

A nice friendly PM would have been a bit more helpful than a slap round the lug

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 00:23
hmm connie's bad rep comment led me to think we were talking about a different kind of "power trip" The sort that lets people get a kick out of the power to chastise.

A nice friendly PM would have been a bit more helpful than a slap round the lugThanks Squidge...its left me slightly disgruntled as I only ever give good rep without the need to be anonymous!!

JAWS
11-Jan-06, 00:28
I'd bad rep the lot of you exept I've not worked out how to do it yet! ;)

Gleber2
11-Jan-06, 00:35
Connie, there seems to be a number of veterans intent upon chastising we newcomers. Rise above it!!!By the way,why would you want to post a link.I am puzzled by the terminollogy of technology.Ah,old age.

ice box
11-Jan-06, 00:38
There's always some one who will stab you in the back iam never out the red so dont worry a bout thing coz every little thing going to be allright so worry ...... sorry broke out into song lol

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 00:39
Connie, there seems to be a number of veterans intent upon chastising we newcomers. Rise above it!!!By the way,why would you want to post a link.I am puzzled by the terminollogy of technology.Ah,old age.Well before registering and while reading all the posts , I used to wonder what all the big deal about the reputation thing was..Now I can see what it was all about!! Hmm, you do have to be very careful as to how you might put things across, don't you?

Gleber2
11-Jan-06, 00:49
My real question is,what is a link and why one would want to make one?

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 00:53
My real question is,what is a link and why one would want to make one?Perhaps a link to Hydro Electric so we can see why the power was flickering....LOLLOL:D

pedromcgrory
11-Jan-06, 01:22
storm lol dont think so ,bit off wind yes not bad at the time it was happening really i think ur full of wind really maybe pooh pooh lol

krieve
11-Jan-06, 11:05
For the person who bad repped me taking off 5 points with the comment"dont you know how to post a link" The answer is "No", actually i dont or I would have done it!!
:(
I think the person who gave you a bad rep connie must have ment you should have put a link to the thread possible storm warning. How lazy of the bad repper, its not like they have got alot of searching to do to find the thread instead of bad reping you why did'nt they pm you and tell you how to do a link.

Murdina Bug
11-Jan-06, 11:22
Hi, we rang the Hydro last night re power flickers as we often go off when others don't. They said that they had engineers out looking for a fault as the main circuit breaker kept tripping then resetting. As it was resetting they could not find out where the problem was as they can only find the fault when the power goes off and stays off. It may not have been weather related at all. He said if our power did go off completely to please let them know as they may be able to narrow the problem area down faster if it was reported.

moncur
11-Jan-06, 11:52
We had similar problems in lower ormlie. lights were flickering, the pc kept restarting and some lightbulbs would burst even when replaced with new bulbs.

Tugmistress
11-Jan-06, 12:24
It was flickering on and off here for about 45 minutes constantly, just getting the PC restarted and working again when off it would go again. A tad annoying to say the least, all between 9pm and 10pm. After 10pm it seemed to be ok again.
I assume Thurso was the same?

Mr P Cannop
11-Jan-06, 19:22
same up in the spring park area

angela5
11-Jan-06, 19:33

okay who bad repped and lost me points for once again being helpful. I must learn to stop doing this.

Bobinovich
11-Jan-06, 20:24
I like the way you can leave a good rep and a positive comment saying that a particular message is good, but I really don't understand the need for bad reputation. It seems to me that if someone makes a derogatory or offensive post then the Suspension system is already available to report them.

How about removing the Bad option Mr. Administrator?

angela5
11-Jan-06, 20:26
I like the way you can leave a good rep and a positive comment saying that a particular message is good, but I really don't understand the need for bad reputation. It seems to me that if someone makes a derogatory or offensive post then the Suspension system is already available to report them.

How about removing the Bad option Mr. Administrator?

Leaves you feeling what are you supposed to say. That's my 2nd bad rep for being helpfull something i won't be doing again..

Rheghead
11-Jan-06, 20:29
Folk may like the 'power trip' in being able to bad rep like as if they're playing God or something. :confused:

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 20:43
Folk may like the 'power trip' in being able to bad rep like as if they're playing God or something. :confused:Well< I only ever leave good reputation and I leave my name...If I don't like what is said in a post I move on to the next one!!...I notice no-one leaves their name when they leave me bad reputation though :( . Even if they would make a post I would have some sort of idea what I'm supposed to be saying.:confused: It puts you off a bit not knowing if someone will jump in and give bad reputation for the slightest thing!!!

angela5
11-Jan-06, 20:47
:( . Even if they would make a post I would have some sort of idea what I'm supposed to be saying.:confused: It puts you off a bit not knowing if someone will jump in and give bad reputation for the slightest thing!!!

i will 2nd that connie.

angela5
12-Jan-06, 09:06
storm lol dont think so ,bit off wind yes not bad at the time it was happening really i think ur full of wind really maybe pooh pooh lol
AH! now pedro no need to be cynic.

JAWS
12-Jan-06, 09:48
Just a thought but could it be that some people just forget to add a name at the end of a Rep without realising that it is not added automatically.
I realise that some will be well aware that they are staying anon.
Somebody left me a good one and didn't add a name.
I'm sure they didn't deem it necessary to hide their ID for being nice.
I love people being nice to me, even if I don't know who they are, so please feel free folks! :)

Gleber2
12-Jan-06, 15:01
In the short time I have been frantically posting, my rep is even at 26 points which indicates that half is bad half good. The badreps were anon,the good ones were signed.Is it the same uptight clown that is causing the problem? Evidence would suggest that it is.
Anyway relax,it's only only a message board.