PDA

View Full Version : SSPCA Balmore rehoming

unicorn
28-Sep-08, 23:36
Am I the only person who didn't know you could view animals available for rehoming at Balmore here
http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/dogs/centre/4_caithness-sutherland

carasmam
28-Sep-08, 23:48
I never knew either lol
Btw isn't Minty gorgeous, look what you've started now Unicorn, I made OH go with the Xmas toys etc last year because I knew I would end up looking round and breaking my heart - now I can do it online instead [lol]

Bradcon
29-Sep-08, 08:13
I checked out their animals, when looking for a puppy for my in laws.

teenybash
29-Sep-08, 12:43
Didn't know ou could view online....well done Unicorn for passing this link on...........:D

Liz
29-Sep-08, 12:58
Cheers for that Unicorn.:D I didn't know either that you could view the animals for rehoming online.

I'm like you Carasmam and couldn't go to the centre as I would want to take them all home!:confused

Here's hoping they all get lovely forever homes.

As Penny didn't need the money for her op I joined the SSPCA at £5 per month to help all the animals as they do a great job. Doesn't their TV appeal break your heart?!

KCI
29-Sep-08, 13:01
I could never go to the Centre - I didn't even want my son to go there as part of a day trip with a holiday club! Too worried in case he came home and told me about all the animals! I can't even watch the TV appeals!
I also joined the SSPCA and pay money each month. It's a good way to help the animals, and at least it is regular money coming in, which all animal charities need.

carasmam
29-Sep-08, 14:58
I checked out their animals, when looking for a puppy for my in laws.

Did your inlaws get a dog yet?

I'd have a car full of little faces if I went anywhere near a rehoming centre. The advert really pulls the heartstrings, so it's doing what its meant to do!!
My niece went on a trip to Balmore and came home and told her Mum all about the animals, soon after, they adopted a dog and he's a cracker :D

unicorn
29-Sep-08, 15:17
Quite good to have a peek without the heart strings being torn :confused

cuddlepop
29-Sep-08, 15:17
Am I the only person who didn't know you could view animals available for rehoming at Balmore here
http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/dogs/centre/4_caithness-sutherland

Has anyone else noticed the similarities in some of the dogs that are looking to be rehomed?
I'm not brilliant on breeds so maybe someone else can tell me officially what they think they look like.
I read that Staffies and rotties are no longer the in dogs for "protection" and its now a chines bear fighting breed,sorry i've forgotton the name but they can weigh anything up to 8 stone....scarey :eek: looks a bit like a husky.

As to the link well Unicorn I've opened up my own pet sanctuary in my head as I couldnt leave them.:lol:

unicorn
29-Sep-08, 15:22
there seem to be a lot of staffies and lurchers, shame really :~( The last time I was there they had a boxer x lab pup and I swear it was such a close call on taking her home. I was the meanie in the house for months as I said no but my heart said yes.:~(

dancingtaz13
29-Sep-08, 19:26
Hi all,

I thought everyone knew about the SSPCA website otherwise i'd have popped a link onto here sooner!! Cheers Unicorn for advertising it - a few animals have been rehomed via this website. It's great for others in Orkney etc that cannot get over to see them.

balto
30-Sep-08, 12:58
i wasnt aware that you could view the animals on the website, and wish i didnt know lol, i could go and rehome most of the cats now after seeing them.