PDA

View Full Version : New Oriental Takeaway in Wick High Street

Ali
10-Jan-06, 20:18
I've had a few takeaways from the " New Oriental " takeaway in Wicks High Street and they are excellent. The girl behind the counter is very friendly and chatty, the Food is excellent and you get loads of free stuff if you spend enough - Curry Rolls, Spare Ribs, Curry triangle things, prawn Crackers and good old Fortune cookies. The Kung Po Chicken is Brilliant !!

Really wish I wasn't on my New Year diet now !!

The chinese takeaways in Thurso are good too but I'd highly recommend the one in Wick.
I'm quite happy wasting petrol to come from Thurso for a takeaway.

As far as Indians go you can't beat K2, the excecutive meal is really good value and we're yet to finish it in one sitting.
I hope the one opening in Thurso is as good.

This Diet Aint gonna last !!

If you're in Orkney the Indian / Kebab house on Junction road is excellent too, the Eastern Tiger Special is really good, as are the Kebabs.........

Ok away now for my salad !! :-(

angela5
10-Jan-06, 20:29
I've had a few takeaways from the " New Oriental " takeaway in Wicks High Street and they are excellent. The girl behind the counter is very friendly and chatty, the Food is excellent and you get loads of free stuff if you spend enough - Curry Rolls, Spare Ribs, Curry triangle things, prawn Crackers and good old Fortune cookies. The Kung Po Chicken is Brilliant !!

(

The Hong Kong in wick is great the staff are friendly, food is excellent they also give free-curry rolls, prawn crackers, veggie triangles and fortune cookies.

krieve
13-Jan-06, 23:42
The Hong Kong is the best in wick for chinese food went to that lucky 888 and felt awful the next day.

angela5
14-Jan-06, 00:52
The Hong Kong is the best in wick for chinese food went to that lucky 888 and felt awful the next day.

Was'nt that lucky then.

krieve
14-Jan-06, 18:54
Was'nt that lucky then.
yes it was really lucky i wont be going back again .

Ali
17-Jan-06, 19:41
Was it recently that you were in the Hong Kong as the people from the lucky 888 now have it. The Lai's that had it now have the one in Castletown.
I had a meal from the Hong Kong since they changed over but wasnt that impressed. First impressions last and will stick to New Oriental.

krieve
18-Jan-06, 10:26
Was it recently that you were in the Hong Kong as the people from the lucky 888 now have it. The Lai's that had it now have the one in Castletown.
I had a meal from the Hong Kong since they changed over but wasnt that impressed. First impressions last and will stick to New Oriental.
That explains then when i had something out of the hong kong the other day how i had really sore guts the next day maybe i should try the new oriental.

Julia
18-Jan-06, 11:55

I had a meal out of the Lucky 888 on December 17th, not to say I was violently ill during the night, I'm positive I had food poisoning, I wasn't right for days! It was so bad I haven't forgotten the date [mad]

It will be a LONG time before I have any more takeaway!

krieve
18-Jan-06, 12:35
I had a meal out of the Lucky 888 on December 17th, not to say I was violently ill during the night, I'm positive I had food poisoning, I wasn't right for days! It was so bad I haven't forgotten the date [mad]

It will be a LONG time before I have any more takeaway!
My friend also had a meal out of lucky 888 i am sure it was round about that date and she was really ill about an hour after the food violently sick it lasted a couple of days .

Julia
18-Jan-06, 15:23
My friend also had a meal out of lucky 888 i am sure it was round about that date and she was really ill about an hour after the food violently sick it lasted a couple of days .

I was a little more than violently sick if you catch my drift! :(

wicker
18-Jan-06, 16:36
Lucky 888 thats the one beside post office isnt it, thats the one i always go to and have never had any problems with it, is it still nicky chan that cooks there??

Which one is it that you recommend, one in dempster street, next to camps or the one opposite reids chemist

krieve
18-Jan-06, 16:42
I was a little more than violently sick if you catch my drift! :(
she was also but i cant spell the word lol.

blondscot
20-Jan-06, 22:02
Nicky Chan is no longer cooking in the chinese in High street he has taken over the shop in Thurso

krieve
21-Jan-06, 23:13
Had a meal out of there tonight and it was the best i have had yet so from now on i will be taking my custom to The New Oriental. yum yum :D

_Ju_
21-Jan-06, 23:31
Can't you complain to enviromental health when a restaurant is giving you food poisoning??? Food poisoning is serious and can kill!!!!! Isn't there a complaint book in the restaurant itself?? ( I thought all european contry had to have a complaints book that anyone can request to see or to complain in for official inspections.... thanks for the warning on the shady restaurants

Ali
24-Jan-06, 21:40
What did you have Krieve ? All I've tried is the Kung Po Chicken, Shredded Hot Chicken, Chicken Mummi ( its full of onions though, but good ) and the Spring Rolls that could feed 4 people !!
I really cant wait for this diet of mine to finish !!

connieb19
24-Jan-06, 22:13
What did you have Krieve ? All I've tried is the Kung Po Chicken, Shredded Hot Chicken, Chicken Mummi ( its full of onions though, but good ) and the Spring Rolls that could feed 4 people !!
I really cant wait for this diet of mine to finish !!I thought the mummi was only available in the Chinese in Castletown..lol;)

Ali
26-Jan-06, 19:19
Eh ? Am I just slow on that one Connie ?

spiggie
27-Jan-06, 15:33
it is new people who have taken over the one besides the sports shop, ive only had one takeaway from there so far since they have taken over and it was okay, mind you it was only chips nd curry sauce. i usually go to the one outside fairways after a night out and it is normally really good

LENSMAN
27-Jan-06, 19:09
Have'nt had a bad meal out of the Dragon House yet.
The Thai Green Curry is excellent.

2little2late
29-Jan-06, 22:08
We always use New Oriental in High Street. Food is absolutely fantastic.