PDA

View Full Version : Something you wanted but never got!

highlander
28-Sep-08, 17:04
When i was a bairn i always wanted a dolls house or a barbie, i did get a big doll with red hair from santa, i didna like it so i took my sister's long dark haired doll, i ran through to mum and dad very excited to show them how santa was so good to me, all i got was "put it back thats your sisters" lol
A few years back i asked my hubby if i could write out a xmas list, on it was a chainsaw. lol
Is there any pressies you got as a bairn you wanted and never got, or something you got and would not be seen with.

Sapphire2803
28-Sep-08, 17:20
I wanted a horse, never found one of those in my stocking. :)

I think one of the worst things I got was when Fame was on telly and I desperately NEEDED a pair of leg wamers like they wore on the show. I got legwarmers alright, hideous stripey things that ended up at the back of the drawer. I'd have never lived it down if I'd worn them out. :lol:

telfordstar
28-Sep-08, 17:56
I always wanted a pink baby g watch asked santa every year and never got one.

percy toboggan
28-Sep-08, 18:01
A clarinet.
Mind you, I'd never have mastered it.
I would stare through the window of Mammelox music shop in Manchester
and mither my Dad. They were twenty quid apiece back then - - no chance....he knew me better than I did.

Highland rose
28-Sep-08, 18:04
I always wanted a big dolls house but never got it.

joxville
28-Sep-08, 18:09
I always wanted Joanna Lumley.

balto
28-Sep-08, 18:09
i have been trying to think of something, but for the life of me nothing springs to mind, the only thing i wanted when i was little, and it has nothing to do with xmas, was one of those sweet dispensar things you knopw the ones with the animals head and the retangle shape sweet pops out when you lift the head up that to be honest is it. must have been on eof the lucky ones eh lol.[lol]

helenwyler
28-Sep-08, 18:20
A baby chimpanzee :D. I longed for a chimpanzee!

My parents (knowing the impossibility of this request) dreamt up things to dissuade me.... "You'll have to rub talcum powder on its bottom," is the one that came nearest to putting me off. :eek:

Needless to say, I didn't get one. Instead I got a 'baby' doll, which I didn't want and never played with. It was given (in pristine condition) to a local children's hospital a few years later, so I suppose some good came from my disappointment :D.

Tristan
28-Sep-08, 18:49
i have been trying to think of something, but for the life of me nothing springs to mind, the only thing i wanted when i was little, and it has nothing to do with xmas, was one of those sweet dispensar things you knopw the ones with the animals head and the retangle shape sweet pops out when you lift the head up that to be honest is it. must have been on eof the lucky ones eh lol.[lol]

A Pez dispenser.

Julia
28-Sep-08, 19:08
one of those sweet dispenser things you know the ones with the animals head and the retangle shape sweet pops out when you lift the head up that to be honest is it.[lol]

A Pez dispenser.

They sell the dispenser and refills for them in Tesco

Kevin Milkins
28-Sep-08, 19:19
I bought the wife a chainsaw for her birthday many years ago. She was delighted with it and kept it in good order for about 18 years then my son had a shot at it for the weekend ...../ Enough said:mad:.
I have always wanted a piller drill and Lidle had them on offer a few weeks back and sold out within hours of them being deliverd.:confused
Next time perhaps.

Gizmo
28-Sep-08, 22:27
I have always wanted an American Cheerleader...sadly it's not to be...[sniff] :(

Tristan
28-Sep-08, 22:38
I have always wanted an American Cheerleader...sadly it's not to be...[sniff] :(

American? What is wrong with a cheerleader from another country....best be careful in case someone takes offense [lol]

Tristan
28-Sep-08, 22:40
I can't say that I have ever "wanted" anything. I have always been pleased with any well thought out present I have received.

Gizmo
28-Sep-08, 22:42
American? What is wrong with a cheerleader from another country....best be careful in case someone takes offense [lol]

I have it from a reliable source that foreign cheerleaders other than those from America smell kinda funny ;)

Anne x
28-Sep-08, 23:03
When i was a bairn i always wanted a dolls house or a barbie, i did get a big doll with red hair from santa, i didna like it so i took my sister's long dark haired doll, i ran through to mum and dad very excited to show them how santa was so good to me, all i got was "put it back thats your sisters" lol
A few years back i asked my hubby if i could write out a xmas list, on it was a chainsaw. lol
Is there any pressies you got as a bairn you wanted and never got, or something you got and would not be seen with.

Intellect
my first choice and a new raleigh bike my 2nd my parents could not afford latter but spent many a happy year on my 2nd choice seconhand bike

My granny from caithness sent me a white gypsy blouse for xmas all embroidered omg I never wore it so embarressed by it hid it in a drawer

northener
28-Sep-08, 23:12
A baby chimpanzee :D. I longed for a chimpanzee!

My parents (knowing the impossibility of this request) dreamt up things to dissuade me.... "You'll have to rub talcum powder on its bottom," is the one that came nearest to putting me off. :eek:

Well, Helen. If you still want to monkey around - you can rub talc on my bottom anytime...;)

rockchick
28-Sep-08, 23:22
I can't say that I have ever "wanted" anything. I have always been pleased with any well thought out present I have received.
You just send them back anyways! <ducks>

helenwyler
28-Sep-08, 23:23
Well, Helen. If you still want to monkey around - you can rub talc on my bottom anytime...;)

LOL!

Send me a photo. It would have to be strictly during the crepuscular hours though. ;)

northener
28-Sep-08, 23:27
LOL!

Send me a photo. It would have to be strictly during the crepuscular hours though. ;)

just...got to...stand...dammit...on the chair and take the...photie..at..the bloodyhellthisis harder than it looks...same ti--aaaargh!

That's the trouble with being crepuscular - you have to do everything in the dark..........:confused

Buttercup
28-Sep-08, 23:33
I remember when I was little my uncle, who was in Singapore doing his National Service, sending a photo of himself holding a monkey. Well from then on I antled at my Mam and Dad for a monkey, I even asked Santa for one. On Christmas morning I was all excited, until I discovered there was no monkey, just a typewriter. So I used it to type a letter to my uncle pleading with him to get a monkey for me. Needless to say when he came home there was no monkey just bitter disappointment.
Funny how when your young you think everything is possible and can't understand why some things can never be achieved.

helenwyler
28-Sep-08, 23:39
N, I meant a photo of your face :D.

The rest is history :confused.

WeeBurd
28-Sep-08, 23:39
I alway's wanted a dolls pram, you know, like the silver cross ones, all big wheels, shiny metal & needlecord fabric.

I got really excited one year - I saw the shiny frame, the brown & orange (well, it was the early 80's!) fabric, the anticipation was mounting...

It was a (toy) shopping trolley, like the old wifies pull along behind them... disappointed does little to discribe how I felt at that moment :~( [lol]...

Buttercup
28-Sep-08, 23:42
I alway's wanted a dolls pram, you know, like the silver cross ones, all big wheels, shiny metal & needlecord fabric.

I got really excited one year - I saw the shiny frame, the brown & orange (well, it was the early 80's!) fabric, the anticipation was mounting...

It was a (toy) shopping trolley, like the old wifies pull along behind them... disappointed does little to discribe how I felt at that moment :~( [lol]...

Disappointing I know, but I bet you had fun with it all the same. ;)

WeeBurd
28-Sep-08, 23:46
Disappointing I know, but I bet you had fun with it all the same. ;)

Indeed - when I perched it on the end of my bed, it made a great imitation microphone stand, for when I was pretending to be Bananarama [lol]!

joxville
29-Sep-08, 00:05
Indeed - when I perched it on the end of my bed, it made a great imitation microphone stand, for when I was pretending to be Bananarama [lol]!

You must have been off your trolley. [lol]

WeeBurd
29-Sep-08, 00:10
You must have been off your trolley.

I was a wheelie good singer, actually... :roll:

[lol]

Lolabelle
29-Sep-08, 04:19
:~(My cousins and best friend all had heaps of barbies and barbie clothes and accessories. I wanted one so badly but my mum was not having them everywhere so I never had a Barbie, I was a deprived child [evil]

Sporran
29-Sep-08, 04:39

I can understand why. She's a mighty Purdey woman, and still looks Absolutely Fabulous - even at the age of 62!

percy toboggan
29-Sep-08, 18:59
[quote=helenwyler;438743]A baby chimpanzee :D. I longed for a chimpanzee!

quote]

So did my older sister.
Then my parents had me and she said I was near as dammit.

That kind of remark can leave you with hang ups.

Ricco
29-Sep-08, 20:21

I always wanted Joanna Lumley.... and got her! (in my dreams!!) LOL

cat
29-Sep-08, 21:09
i always wanted a horse.my dad always said id get one when i was 12!
woke up morning of 12th birthday,really thought there would be a horse,but no,i got earings and a jumper!being the brat i was i gave them back so my mum gave them to my best mate a week later for her birthday:lol:
got my horse a few months later,bought her myself!
few years ago,didna have horse,just a wee old pony and i would of loved another one,for xmas this time though!being an adult i never asked for one though,got quite excited when my little boy told me my prezie was in stable,ran out in my pjs!!WHEELBARROW:lol::lol:

Tristan
29-Sep-08, 21:25
I was a wheelie good singer, actually... :roll:

[lol]

A regular songbird?:D

Sporran
30-Sep-08, 04:52
I always wanted Joanna Lumley.... and got her! (in my dreams!!) LOL

Was she Absolutely Fabulous, Ricco? ;)

balto
30-Sep-08, 13:22
They sell the dispenser and refills for them in Tescoreckon i might just be a bit old for it now lol, but do you know the daft thing, my girls asked me for one out of woolies and i found myself telling them what a waste of money they are, so mayby thats the same reason i wasnt allowed one.