PDA

View Full Version : dog agility classes?

angie.a
28-Sep-08, 14:47
does anyone know if there's any dog agility training classes up here, I have an 11 month old brown collie, Bernie, and I think he would be great at agility, he's very obedient and loves playing and I think he would really benefit from some extra training.:roll:

scorpion
28-Sep-08, 20:34
Hi angie, dog agility classes are every wednesday night at 8 in te indoor riding centre in Halkirk ,we actually had a competition there today with dogs coming from as far as Inverness ,good fun and a good day was had by all ,come along any wednesday , we look forward to seeing you

angie.a
29-Sep-08, 12:12
thanks for that, but does it matter that Bernie and I are complete beginners? I wouldn't like to get in anybody's way.

scorpion
29-Sep-08, 18:05
Absolutely not ,we were all beginners too and even the experienced dogs have nights when they act as if they never saw a jump before ,come along ,you and bernie will enjoy it

allanrfc
01-Oct-08, 15:44
Hi there,

What sort of prices are the classes if you don't mind me asking? Also does anyone know what sort of age they recommend them starting at - ie is any age too early? Our wee collie is just over 7 months but I think it'd be something she'd really love as she (like all collies) is so eager to please...

scorpion
01-Oct-08, 18:03
First night is free thereafter £3 per night ,as for age it really depends on the dog ,the general opinion is that the preffered age is close to a year old by which time the dogs hip bones have strengthened and they have matured as well .Competition rules are that the dogs have to be eighteen months before they can enter

allanrfc
02-Oct-08, 08:50
Great, that sounds really good!! I figured it'd be about a year old but I'll definitely consider taking her along then when she's older. Been something I've been going on about since we got her but didn't realise anyone up here did agility classes. Can't wait!!

angie.a
10-Oct-08, 00:07
took bernie to his first agility class last night and we both loved it. He done really well,he went over all the jumps and even over the sea-saw first time round but wasn't keen on the tunnel, never mind though I'm sure he'll do it eventually, everyone was really friendly and kept me right, i'll definately be going back next week.:Razz

Birdie Wife
26-Jan-10, 17:20
Hi there,

Just found this thread through a quick search - are there still dog agility classes in Halkirk, can anyone tell me?

zarapopet
26-Jan-10, 20:44
can any dog go or is it for collies ect

froal
26-Jan-10, 21:04
Yip ANY breed, my lurchers used to go and loved it......!!! :D

froal
28-Jan-10, 20:48
The Dog Agility class at the indoor school re-start on Wed 24th February at 8pm :D

Miss Mack
29-Jan-10, 20:02
hi, can we just turn up or do we have to register first. Also, is there a kids class?

froal
29-Jan-10, 21:48
Caithness Canine Club runs the classes, but our web site is down just now but will pop a contact number on later (using someone's computer) ! :roll:
they will be able to tell you every thing you want to know on Agility !

froal
29-Jan-10, 23:36
Caithness Canine Club runs the classes, but our web site is down just now but will pop a contact number on later (using someone's computer) ! :roll:
they will be able to tell you every thing you want to know on Agility !
Shelia Mc Colm runs the classes and her number is - 01847 895648 or you can contact the Secretary Barbara Smith - 01955 605786
I'd advise you to phone first please don't just turn up ! thankyou :D

Birdie Wife
01-Feb-10, 12:41
Many thanks :D

Miss Mack
03-Feb-10, 12:21
Thanks, looking forward to it.:D