PDA

View Full Version : Vanity

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 16:37
Thes days are men more vain than women?
It seems to be the norm now for men to have their hair done, moisturise and generally just look good, but have they overtaken women in the vanity department?:)

krieve
10-Jan-06, 16:40
It seems to be the norm now for men to have their hair done, moisturise and generally just look good, but have they overtaken women in the vanity department?:)
Yes i think so anyway

paris
10-Jan-06, 16:56
yes definatly ! when were going out im always ready before him(hubby) he takes ages to get ready , and wait for it.... he doesnt even have to brush his hair....... he hasnt got any ! ha ha

angela5
10-Jan-06, 17:02
yes definatly ! when were going out im always ready before him(hubby) he takes ages to get ready , and wait for it.... he doesnt even have to brush his hair....... he hasnt got any ! ha ha

HAHA hes lucky, i take ages to get ready many trying to do something with my hair.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 17:03

Around 78% maybe some men are still scruffy.

krieve
10-Jan-06, 17:09
My man will easily spend 1 hour to 2 hours in the shower thats when we are not even going out,He does his hair even if he is just sitting in the house.
If we do go out i am always ready before him and i have to go in the shower dry my hair straighten it put make up on get dressed, I have to iron the clothes again we could'nt have him going out with creased clothes that have already been ironed now could we lol.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 17:15
My man will easily spend 1 hour to 2 hours in the shower thats when we are not even going out,He does his hair even if he is just sitting in the house.
If we do go out i am always ready before him and i have to go in the shower dry my hair straighten it put make up on get dressed, I have to iron the clothes again we could'nt have him going out with creased clothes that have already been ironed now could we lol.Ther is no way I would do ironing for a man...I have plenty of my own to do..lol

DrSzin
10-Jan-06, 17:16
Around 78% maybe some men are still scruffy.I can be vain and scruffy.

I looked in the mirror before making a phone call earlier this afternoon. Beat that for idiotic vanity!

(No, it wasn't a video phone.)

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 17:20
I can be vain and scruffy.

I looked in the mirror before making a phone call earlier this afternoon. Beat that for idiotic vanity!

(No, it wasn't a video phone.)Haha, now that IS definately what I would call vain....LOL:)

krieve
10-Jan-06, 17:26
Ther is no way I would do ironing for a man...I have plenty of my own to do..lol
He is not bad at ironing just that by the time he had it right the pubs would be shut it is quicker if i do it. lol

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 17:31
He is not bad at ironing just that by the time he had it right the pubs would be shut it is quicker if i do it. lolWell I suppose you do have a point....lol

angela5
10-Jan-06, 17:31
It is nice when you see a man who takes care of his apperance.
Even better if you find one that does his own ironing.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 17:58
It is nice when you see a man who takes care of his apperance.
Even better if you find one that does his own ironing.I agree, but are some men taking it too far?....Some of them wear make up and have their nails done:confused: I Like someone who takes care by going to the gym and keeping fit, but I think wearing make up is taking it a bit too far!!

EDDIE
10-Jan-06, 18:42
Ther is no way I would do ironing for a man...I have plenty of my own to do..lol
It really depends on the circumstances if yous are both working then the guy should take his equal share in house chores in general but if the lady is at home looking after kids then she should be doing the all the house work when the guy is taking in the money or vice versa.
Another argumentive view is as well women should do jobs like all the ironing because the guy general has to do all the general repairs of the house because the women wont want to damage there nails.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 18:44
It really depends on the circumstances if yous are both working then the guy should take his equal share in house chores in general but if the lady is at home looking after kids then she should be doing the all the house work when the guy is taking in the money or vice versa.
Another argumentive view is as well women should do jobs like all the ironing because the guy general has to do all the general repairs of the house because the women wont want to damage there nails.But its more and more men that are getting scared of ruining their nails..

EDDIE
10-Jan-06, 18:46
And women are worse than guys when it comes to vanity what happens when a women wants to go out in the town for a night out she wants a new dress because she doesnt want her friends to see her in the same dress that she wore prevously.Im i right on what im saying ladys?

angela5
10-Jan-06, 18:55
I agree, but are some men taking it too far?....Some of them wear make up and have their nails done:confused: I Like someone who takes care by going to the gym and keeping fit, but I think wearing make up is taking it a bit too far!!

I certainly never meant men who wear makeup. Nice tidy nails is fine.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 18:56
And women are worse than guys when it comes to vanity what happens when a women wants to go out in the town for a night out she wants a new dress because she doesnt want her friends to see her in the same dress that she wore prevously.Im i right on what im saying ladys?

Not a problem for me i've never worn a dress Eddie.

JAWS
10-Jan-06, 18:59
I agree, but are some men taking it too far?....Some of them wear make up and have their nails done:confused: I Like someone who takes care by going to the gym and keeping fit, but I think wearing make up is taking it a bit too far!!
How very retro! I thought that sort of thing went out for men with Mark Bolan and T-Rex in the '70s.
Good grief, next thing they will be having quiffs and using Brilliantine. At this rate I'll have to dig out my blue suede shoes, drain-pipe trousers and my long pink jacket with the padded shoulders and black velvet collar.
Rock around the Clock, baby, rock on!
Sorry, my hair is a bit short for a DA.
Spare bike chain anybody?

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 19:09
How very retro! I thought that sort of thing went out for men with Mark Bolan and T-Rex in the '70s.
Good grief, next thing they will be having quiffs and using Brilliantine. At this rate I'll have to dig out my blue suede shoes, drain-pipe trousers and my long pink jacket with the padded shoulders and black velvet collar.
Rock around the Clock, baby, rock on!
Sorry, my hair is a bit short for a DA.
Spare bike chain anybody?I hope your coming to the posters party...LOL:D

melted_wellie
10-Jan-06, 19:09
Not a problem for me i've never worn a dress Eddie.well it wouldnt go too well with steel toe capped boots and donkey jacket eh?

htwood
10-Jan-06, 19:26
Vain means having an excessively high opinion of oneself, which is quite different from taking good care of yourself. Self awareness can be a good thing.

It's delightful if men have started looking in the mirror before they leave the house. I've seen people come into my office with toothpaste all over one cheek....or totally missing while shaving, and have half a grey moustache. It would have taken one second to look in mirror, and another 30 seconds to set things right LOL

Sure, buff your nails, trim your eyebrows, hecks, wear a bit of makeup of you have a pimple on yer nose. And thanks for keeping up the general hygiene.
Just leave me enough hot water for my own shower! -H

JAWS
10-Jan-06, 19:33
I hope your coming to the posters party...LOL:D
Not like that I'm not.
I'm afraid I am a confirmed scruff. It is not because I am lazy and it's not because I can't be otherwise.
It has taken many years of preparation and a lot of practice.
My mother always insisted on making sure I was turned out well groomed and extremely smart and tidy.
I'm going through a rebellious period. It's lasted over 40 years but I'm sure it will pass. ;)

cullbucket
10-Jan-06, 23:02
Nope, I dont know any blokes that take longer to get ready than the average lady.... personally, I never change to go out at night, just wear what I was wearing during the day. The thing that really used to annoy me down here in Englandshire was if you wanted a pint after 11 and had trainers on you could forget it.....
In fact I make a point not to spend my money in any place that has a dress code (unless the drink is making these decisions for me)
However I do have a friend that got lost in the desert and when he finally found a water hole, he checked his hair before having a drink (or so the rumour goes.....)

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 23:06
Nope, I dont know any blokes that take longer to get ready than the average lady.... personally, I never change to go out at night, just wear what I was wearing during the day. The thing that really used to annoy me down here in Englandshire was if you wanted a pint after 11 and had trainers on you could forget it.....
In fact I make a point not to spend my money in any place that has a dress code (unless the drink is making these decisions for me)
However I do have a friend that got lost in the desert and when he finally found a water hole, he checked his hair before having a drink (or so the rumour goes.....)Jeepers, up here you see people on a night out with their boiler suits on or rubber boots!!:)

melted_wellie
11-Jan-06, 00:12
Jeepers, up here you see people on a night out with their boiler suits on or rubber boots!!:)aye,and thats e birds.

Sporran
11-Jan-06, 09:42
I can be vain and scruffy.

(No, it wasn't a video phone.)

LOL, was it an attractive woman you were calling, doc? ;)

I have a son who takes *ages* in the shower! I thought I took a while, but he's even worse than me! :rolleyes:

Chillie
11-Jan-06, 10:39
I take a while on my apperance why not ! better to be bonnie looking than look like micky monk,Ha Ha.

golach
11-Jan-06, 11:46
It's delightful if men have started looking in the mirror before they leave the house.
Sure, buff your nails, trim your eyebrows, hecks, wear a bit of makeup of you have a pimple on yer nose.

OOOOh get you ducky Trim my eyebrows, buff my nails, wear make up, you will be wanting me to mince toward you next, with a hand on my hip. Oooh you are awful H but I like you