PDA

View Full Version : Rescue warning

Roughshooter
27-Sep-08, 21:06
I have been told to-day of a couple that claim to live in Inverness, who are contacting rescues within Scotland, looking for Bitches around a1yr or so old, and Dogs with papers of the same age.

Here is the catch the dogs are then sent south to the persons puppy farm in Cheshire, where he breeds Westies, Springers, Cockers, Labradors, GSDs and Rotties at the rate of least 3 litters a years each.

They have been reported and as of now I am unable to say any more due to legal reasons but as soon as I can tell you more I will.

teenybash
27-Sep-08, 21:21
Great that these despots have been rumbled...lets hope there will be a lot more to tell, like they will be prosecuted.
Maybe it is time for the Rescue Centres not to hand out 'papers' to new owners in order to prevent the unscrupulous using for puppy breeding.
If you rescue a dog surely the pedigree certificates are of no importance....except to those who intend to breed....something wrong somewhere, methinks.:eek:

dancingtaz13
27-Sep-08, 23:03
I know the SSPCA do not give out Pedigree Papers if they rehome a dog that has them. They will keep this post in mind anyway & watch out for a suspicious phone call.