PDA

View Full Version : supermarket

flowertot
27-Sep-08, 08:28
Did Tesco purchase the old mart site adjacent to THS and if so does anyone know what their intentions are for the site? The site is now a real eyesore and dangerous into the bargain all the doors the main arena are hanging off and glass etc litters the place a real haven for underage drinkers, drug addicts and general ne'er do weels!

Is Thurso at present possibly the worst served town in Scotland for access to major supermarket outlet..thanks to the Asda mob and the ridiculous decision of the public enquiry?

Scunner
27-Sep-08, 10:34
Santon retail have applied for a building warrant to knock down buildings at 2 Ormlie Road. Could this be a start of something good/new or whatever your feelings are.

tonkatojo
27-Sep-08, 10:51
Who or what are '' santon retail''

balto
27-Sep-08, 11:35
Who or what are '' santon retail''
was wondering that myself, cant say i have ever heard of them.

Melancholy Man
27-Sep-08, 12:12
Should we be discussing council and public service matters?

telfordstar
27-Sep-08, 12:16
Should we be discussing supermarkets in thurso full stop its like deja-vu for me anyways

Melancholy Man
27-Sep-08, 12:40
I agree. The councillors and licensing bodies have made their decisions, so we should accept it and find Internet posts to complain about. Fetch the ketamine-addled milk, I'm off to see if Freeview is back.

DeHaviLand
27-Sep-08, 12:46
I agree. The councillors and licensing bodies have made their decisions, so we should accept it and find Internet posts to complain about. Fetch the ketamine-addled milk, I'm off to see if Freeview is back.

Yet another "toys oot the pram" moment.:lol::lol::roll:

Scunner
27-Sep-08, 15:58
Santon retail have applied for a building warrant to knock down buildings at 2 Ormlie Road. Could this be a start of something good/new or whatever your feelings are.

This notice is posted on the Highland Council webside for all to see

Melancholy Man
27-Sep-08, 16:09
Yet another "toys oot the pram" moment.:lol::lol::roll:

Do you have a google-bot working to pick-up any post I make here? Another barbed jibe and personal insult which avoids the danger of actually commenting on the subject in hand.

Well done!

DeHaviLand
27-Sep-08, 16:20
A jibe it may well be, an insult? Doubtful. You're quick enough to give it out, as evidenced by you attributing doubtful ideas to people, where none exist. I well remember the day you opined that I was racist against muslims, simply because I posted a link to a newspaper article. If you dont have the good grace to deal with it, I humbly suggest that you shouldn't deal it out!

Melancholy Man
27-Sep-08, 16:39
No, it's like this, Dehaviland. I was not commenting on the decision to remove last night's thread, which is no skin off my nose. I was commenting on the insouciance being displayed by individual Orgers.

The toys out of pram moment came some time ago, I think, when I challenged you on your assertion that polygamy for Muslims was being legalized. You gave a brief resistance but, to be honest, I have the background knowledge, and ability to recognize disassembling tactics when I see them.

You simply pointed to a newspaper article? No, you did not. You explicitly claimed that polygamy was being legalized, and are now whining about being bullied. When one lie is caught out, you lie and lie and lie again! You make Goebels look like a paragon of truth! (Before anyone else accuses me of dragging up unrelated threads, it was Dehaviland who broached this subject.)

Since then, you have avoided engaging me in evidence-based argument, and simply appear like Toad of Toad Hall on his little motorcar to fill the thread with fumes and scatter chickens, and dart off. I have no point? My points, from the start, have been to oppose aggressive nationalism, anti-Muslim (and immigration in general) claptrap and contempt of the lower-classes.

As you appear to promote at least two of these, I can, I suppose, understand why you wish to deflect attention from them. You can't win in argument, so, reeling from a narcissistic injury, you attempt to run your opponent into the ground. It ain't enough to be right, you have to completely destroy your opponent.

Rather like Salmond at Holyrood.

DeHaviLand
27-Sep-08, 16:49
This is utter garbage, and quite simply one lie after another. The post which you refer to was a very simple one. It said "you think?" followed by the newspaper link. Yet from that you managed to get the idea that I'm racist!! Begone with you and your nonsense.:roll:

And here it is http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=408922#post408922

COACHMAN
27-Sep-08, 17:03
Did Tesco purchase the old mart site adjacent to THS and if so does anyone know what their intentions are for the site? The site is now a real eyesore and dangerous into the bargain all the doors the main arena are hanging off and glass etc litters the place a real haven for underage drinkers, drug addicts and general ne'er do weels!

Is Thurso at present possibly the worst served town in Scotland for access to major supermarket outlet..thanks to the Asda mob and the ridiculous decision of the public enquiry?

Santon Retail have applied for a warrant.Santon Retail is a trading name of SANTON GROUP DEVELOPMENTS LTD whose busisness is Development and Selling of Real Estate .They do a lot of Work for and on behalf of TESCO.
They have a Contractor ready to start as soon as they get the warrent from the council.

telfordstar
28-Sep-08, 17:58
Santon Retail have applied for a warrant.Santon Retail is a trading name of SANTON GROUP DEVELOPMENTS LTD whose busisness is Development and Selling of Real Estate .They do a lot of Work for and on behalf of TESCO.
They have a Contractor ready to start as soon as they get the warrent from the council.

Fact or fiction :D

Fran
29-Sep-08, 02:15
Fiction I think!

JAWS
29-Sep-08, 04:41
Should we be discussing council and public service matters?
Is there any reason why such matters should NOT be discussed here?
The matters are in the Public Domain and are of relevance to Caithness.