PDA

View Full Version : Lost black cat

Stephen M
26-Sep-08, 21:30
A week ago I lost a stray cat I had 'adopted' a few months ago. It is all black with a small patch of white on its neck just under its chin. It is about a year old I think. He is a lovely, friendly and affectionate cat and was last seen in Glengolly. he came in the house, not very well, before quickly disappearing again. I am really worried, upset, and miss him such a lot! I have contacted the vets and SSPCA with no luck. I would be grateful to hear from anyone who might see or find him.

balto
26-Sep-08, 21:55
hope your cat turns up....

teenybash
26-Sep-08, 22:18
Hopefully little cat reappears again....:(

Highland rose
26-Sep-08, 22:40
I hope you will soon have your little cat back home have you contacted The Caithness Cat Protection they are really good and very helpful.

Stephen M
27-Sep-08, 11:56
Yes. I have contacted Caithness Cats Protection. I couldn't get them on the phone but I have emailed them with my details.

I have been out searching again today and will do so again later - when I have dried out a bit - but up to now, sadly, I haven't had any luck. Thank you all for your concern.

Dazarch
27-Sep-08, 16:34
Hi, the description of 'your' cat sounds exactly like my cat who has been missing for about 2 months. I posted on here when he went missing. I know it is possible for cats to stray quite some distance from where they live as we live in Thrumster, so it may be the same cat, like I say your description is spot on to what our cat is like.
Cheers:roll:

Stephen M
27-Sep-08, 21:43
to Dazarch - Sorry to disappoint but I don't think it could be the same cat because I did find out my 'adopted' cat came from a a house nearby. It also has an identical twin sister who seems to have made a home next door but one to me with another couple. So its really hard because everytime I see 'her' I think its Blackie - and my stomach does a tumble or two! Also, Blackie has been with me for at least 6 months. They both originated, I have been told, from a farm. I feel really sorry for you because I am finding out how upsetting it is. Best wishes...........

Liz
28-Sep-08, 12:33
Oh Steven (and Dazarch)I am so, so sorry that your cat is missing and know from experience how painful this is.

I truly hope that both your cats turn up safe and sound. Please don't ever give up hope as they are marvellous animals and great survivors.

I just read about a cat who was reunited with it's owners after being missing for 9 years and it turned out it was living only half a mile down the road!:eek:

luskentyre
29-Sep-08, 22:23
Just bumping this one up. Still no sign of Blackie yet I'm afraid....

unicorn
29-Sep-08, 22:47
There are a few here, he is not one of these is he?
http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/cats/centre/4_caithness-sutherland

balto
30-Sep-08, 12:59
i can only asume that your cat hasnt turned up yet, hope it does.

Stephen M
02-Oct-08, 10:18
Good news.............BLACKIE IS BACK! He turned up in the early hours of this morning at sometime between 1am - 4am. He is a little thinner but non the worse for wear. He has had a really good feed and has stuck to me like velcro since returning! I am so happy at his safe return!

balto
02-Oct-08, 11:43
good news.............blackie is back! He turned up in the early hours of this morning at sometime between 1am - 4am. He is a little thinner but non the worse for wear. He has had a really good feed and has stuck to me like velcro since returning! I am so happy at his safe return!
so happy for you that your cat has come home, bet he has been spoilt rotten since he came home, you will have to get a tracking device fitted to him, incase he goes walk abouts again.:d

Liz
02-Oct-08, 12:21
That is brilliant news!:lol:

Sounds like he was shut in somewhere.

purplelady
02-Oct-08, 19:16
that is great news

Highland rose
02-Oct-08, 19:57
Thats really good to hear that your little cat has returned home.

teenybash
02-Oct-08, 20:58
Happy, happy Blackie has come home.....must have known the rain and gales were coming and thought.....'Maybe ain't so good bein' a wild thing afterall, best go home now...missin' those soppy cuddles anyway!!:confused'

carasmam
02-Oct-08, 21:01
Happy, happy Blackie has come home.....must have known the rain and gales were coming and thought.....'Maybe ain't so good bein' a wild thing afterall, best go home now...missin' those soppy cuddles anyway!!:confused'

Aye they aren't stupid :lol: Bet he's tucked up warm and cosy