PDA

View Full Version : co-op wick

brandy
10-Jan-06, 01:26
nothing special post just wondering if it is just me
had to go to the shop tonight.. somerfield first and of course didnt have what i wanted so went to coop..
i was thinking.. even though there is lighting .. its really really dark there isnt it?
the entrance is quite dark and the parking lot as well.. funny considering there are lights.. hmmmm... vision must be going! :P

JAWS
10-Jan-06, 01:30
Never thought about it before but you're right, brandy. The area outside the Co-op is dark.
Now I'll have ponder that until I am next there in the dark to try and work out why.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 01:30
had to go to the shop tonight.. somerfield first and of course didnt have what i wanted so went to coop..
i was thinking.. even though there is lighting .. its really really dark there isnt it?
the entrance is quite dark and the parking lot as well.. funny considering there are lights.. hmmmm... vision must be going! :P

They could do with putting a light above their opening hours...well not that would make much difference they are always shut long before the time displayed said.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 01:33
the entrance is quite dark and the parking lot as well.. funny considering there are lights.. hmmmm... vision must be going! :PThey do tend to put all the lights off about an hour and a half before closing. I also notice you can never get a newspaper (they are gathered up for sending back) and the machine for electric and gas tokens is closed. Roll on tescos!!

angela5
10-Jan-06, 01:39
They do tend to put all the lights off about an hour and a half before closing. I also notice you can never get a newspaper (they are gathered up for sending back) and the machine for electric and gas tokens is closed. Roll on tescos!!

How very true everyword.

They should put their staff on a course "how to smile and be polite to customers". oh! and also to learn the time.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 01:45
How very true everyword.

They should put their staff on a course "how to smile and be polite to customers". oh! and also to learn the time.I've never seen anywhere like it for trying to get you out the door at closing time!!

ice box
10-Jan-06, 01:50
What is it with the coop staff they are the most dullest super markets i have ever been it they have no manners and cant wait to get you out the shop .

angela5
10-Jan-06, 01:52
I've never seen anywhere like it for trying to get you out the door at closing time!!

Talking about them trying to get you out the door, on hogmany i was nearly looking for the nearest fire exit i just wanted out that place.

I really think they should have extra security in that place, i was in the aisle getting bread when i heard a voice say "i'm going to kill you paedophile" i turned around to see 2 grown men fighting blood was everywhere. I was pretty frightened by that experience amoung many other shoppers, it was a few customers who pulled them apart. I would of been very weary to get involved you just don't know what weapons people carry.

ice box
10-Jan-06, 01:58
Talking about them trying to get you out the door, on hogmany i was nearly looking for the nearest fire exit i just wanted out that place.

I really think they should have extra security in that place, i was in the aisle getting bread when i heard a voice say "i'm going to kill you paedophile" i turned around to see 2 grown men fighting blood was everywhere. I was pretty frightened by that experience amoung many other shoppers, it was a few customers who pulled them apart. I would of been very weary to get involved you just don't know what weapons people carry.
i heard about that i hear one guy was put in hospital whats the world coming to were are we really safe now adays you cant even go shopping and some poor sod is getting the kicked out of him .

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 01:59

I really think they should have extra security in that place, i was in the aisle getting bread when i heard a voice say "i'm going to kill you paedophile" i turned around to see 2 grown men fighting blood was everywhere. I was pretty frightened by that experience amoung many other shoppers, it was a few customers who pulled them apart. I would of been very weary to get involved you just don't know what weapons people carry.I heard about that..seemingly it was pretty scary. I heard it took ages for the police to come too and by that time the person who did it would have been well away!!
I wouldn't like if I worked in a supermarket, to have to clean up someone elses blood..I would imagine you would be within your rights to refuse!!

angela5
10-Jan-06, 02:02
Thats true the guy who started it got away before the police arrived.
Yes and some poor young boy (member of staff ) was down on his hands and knees with blue paper towels cleaning up the blood.

brandy
10-Jan-06, 10:16
omg i cant belive that!
that is hasmat.
again reffering to back home.. i worked in wal-mart (asda) and we were never allowed to touch bodily fluids!
we had a litter like stuff used for absorbing oils and things.. that we would pour over it and then rope off the area.. and whoever cleaned it had to be wearing gloves and be covered and take everycare not to get it onto theirselves!
the litter made it so most of it could be swept up.. and then the rest was mopped up.. with bleach..
you cant take a chance with your health like that!
and the police should have been there straight away not like the police station is miles away if they walked would have only took a couple min!

angela5
10-Jan-06, 10:46
[quote=connieb19]
I wouldn't like if I worked in a supermarket, to have to clean up someone elses blood..I would imagine you would be within your rights to refuse!!

I would not clean up any-ones blood with paper tissues. That is really appauling to expect a worker to do this proper cleaning materials should of been provided.

krieve
10-Jan-06, 11:15
I have been in a few differant coop stores and the are all the same the staff all lack manners, never smile ,and would'nt care if anyone came in to the store at all. Plus the are never helpful, it must be something to do with what training they are given or lack of it.

Tymey
10-Jan-06, 12:36
Also.......... the cash machine is frequently out of order, which seems to defeat the object of it being there and the tarmac when you drive in off the main road seriously needs to be relaid.

Julia
10-Jan-06, 13:31
I was in the co-op on the 7th and noticed a giant tub of coleslaw still on sale but it was dated the 6th, anyhoo I went back the next day and happened to notice it was still there, I did think of mentioning it to staff but the thought of the type of reception I'd receive put me off. i.e. "Oh god not another moaning customer" etc..

The cash machine was out-of-order too, it was all lit up but not doing much, I didn't realise it was out of order until I put my card in and nothing happened, luckily it returned the card, phew!

The car park is way too dark and I hate the bump over the kerb on the way in too!

I hadn't really noticed the staff but I suppose they all seem a bit fed-up, at least in Somerfield they ask you how you are and smile. I'm a real stickler for manners and hate it when I get no please or thank you, more often than not it happens in the co-op

Saveman
10-Jan-06, 13:51
I once arrived at 1955, closing time was 2000 but the doors were locked.
Furious? I nearly went to Lidls! ;)

angela5
10-Jan-06, 13:56
I once arrived at 1955, closing time was 2000 but the doors were locked.
Furious? I nearly went to Lidls! ;)

I went there at 8pm on evening all closed up yet the sign said closed at 9pm.
I am confused by what their hours are even if you go at 7.50pm its closed.
Recently i have been shopping in Somerfield some of their staff are very friendly, well they at least smile and the store is better stocked than the coop.

Saveman
10-Jan-06, 13:58
Somerfield rocks!
Lidls is great too......though I did get 4 beers for 99p from Coop last week...so thats not bad. And on Sunday they were selling cans of Skol for 10p....so I guess they have their moments.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 14:02
Somerfield rocks!
Lidls is great too......though I did get 4 beers for 99p from Coop last week...so thats not bad. And on Sunday they were selling cans of Skol for 10p....so I guess they have their moments.

Well i do admit some of their offers are great, such a pity you have to wait so long at the checkout to get served.

Henrik7
10-Jan-06, 14:02
I've stopped shopping at the coop now as every week I managed to come home with something that was out of date. I usually check the dates but when it comes to a family bag of crisps being two months out of date thats just taking the biscuit.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 14:04
I've stopped shopping at the coop now as every week I managed to come home with something that was out of date. I usually check the dates but when it comes to a family bag of crisps being two months out of date thats just taking the biscuit.

You should be checking your reciept when you get home there terrible for charging you twice for the same thing. That's happened to me 3 times now.

Tymey
10-Jan-06, 14:05
The cash machine was out-of-order too, it was all lit up but not doing much, I didn't realise it was out of order until I put my card in and nothing happened, luckily it returned the card, phew!

A few weeks ago I went to use the cash machine at the co-op. An elderly lad in front of me was taking her time. I asked was she OK, she hadn't seen that the machine was out of order, had forced her card into the machine and couldn't get it back.

A tiny bit of the card was showing and fortunately my wife had a pair of scissors small enough so I was able to get it out.

jay
10-Jan-06, 14:32
just a clarification - the cash machines at supermarkets are nothing to do with the shop - the owners just rent space, the supermarket is in no way responsible for this, found this out when one ate my card!

angela5
10-Jan-06, 15:21
just a clarification - the cash machines at supermarkets are nothing to do with the shop - the owners just rent space, the supermarket is in no way responsible for this, found this out when one ate my card!

Maybe not but it's still a pain in the neck.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 15:51
I went there at 8pm on evening all closed up yet the sign said closed at 9pm.
I am confused by what their hours are even if you go at 7.50pm its closed.
Recently i have been shopping in Somerfield some of their staff are very friendly, well they at least smile and the store is better stocked than the coop.

In any supermarket there should be either the Manager or a Supervisor on duty are they allowing all this goings on. That is ridiculous they are closing well before the time did you not complain to the Management when they were next open?

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 16:07
I was in the co-op on the 7th and noticed a giant tub of coleslaw still on sale but it was dated the 6th, anyhoo I went back the next day and happened to notice it was still there, I did think of mentioning it to staff but the thought of the type of reception I'd receive put me off. i.e. "Oh god not another moaning customer" etc..

The car park is way too dark and I hate the bump over the kerb on the way in too!

I hadn't really noticed the staff but I suppose they all seem a bit fed-up, at least in Somerfield they ask you how you are and smile. I'm a real stickler for manners and hate it when I get no please or thank you, more often than not it happens in the co-opI picked up some cheese in somerfield just before christmas, and I couldn't believe it was a MONTH out of date.!! It was on special offer too and the shelf had just been stacked with them so obviously noone had checked it before putting it out. I think you have to be very careful in Somerfield to check the dates as I have bought things a few times in there and when I get home notice it has the same days date on it!!

Tymey
10-Jan-06, 16:15

Does this mean the Co-operative Bank adverts on the screen have nothing to do with the Co-op itself? Seems odd to me.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 16:22
Another question....who on earth designed the co-op carpark? I think a ten year old could have designed it better. That high kerps at the spaces beside the door are just a pain in the neck and as Brandy said the lighting is so poor!!

angela5
10-Jan-06, 17:41
Does this mean the Co-operative Bank adverts on the screen have nothing to do with the Co-op itself? Seems odd to me.

Good point Tymey..That Cash Machine is one of the worst ever..You don't often see the cashlines on the street out of order..They take their time in fixing them too its been broken for weeks.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 17:43
Another question....who on earth designed the co-op carpark? I think a ten year old could have designed it better. That high kerps at the spaces beside the door are just a pain in the neck and as Brandy said the lighting is so poor!!

It's the worst ive seen yet, also when Somerfield redid their carpark why did they only allocate 3 or 4 spaces to parent and child parking.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 17:43
I notice the Deli is hardly ever open now either!!!!!!!!!

angela5
10-Jan-06, 17:44
I notice the Deli is hardly ever open now either!!!!!!!!!

If you notice it seems to close at 5pm.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 17:46
If you notice it seems to close at 5pm.Why is that then?....Not very good for sales!!!

Tymey
10-Jan-06, 17:59
So would everyone be happy if the co-op in Wick closed??????

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 18:08
So would everyone be happy if the co-op in Wick closed??????No, personally i'd rather them buck up their ideas..
The co-op used to be a great place to shop and some of the staff are really nice, it's just a shame they have a few bringing the standards down!!
But then again it's not the staff to blame for the deli closing at 5pm..
and it would be helpful if they could keep the electric and gsa token machine open till closing time. Surely if they close at 8pm the staff get paid to at least 8.15pm so what is the great hurry? I was the last customer one night and the checkout girl was in such a hurry my shopping was just thrown through and she was out the door and away before I had even packed my stuff!!

Tymey
10-Jan-06, 18:15
I think the dividend card is a good idea and I wouldn't want the co-op to close. It is a sad reflection on the Wick branch that the friendliness of staff is regarded as a bonus rather than the norm.....

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 18:18
I think the dividend card is a good idea and I wouldn't want the co-op to close. It is a sad reflection on the Wick branch that the friendliness of staff is regarded as a bonus rather than the norm.....I wish they would make their dividend card like the Somerfield one, where you can keep it with your keys, because I always forget on my card!!

phoenix
10-Jan-06, 18:19
I was shopping there at xmas and found it a welcome change, staff were friendly I never found fault, then again I wasnt looking for any, I liked it there! For me it was a change of scenery and unfamiliar faces...............you know what they say a change is as good as a rest and familiarity breeds contempt!

If you always do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got! Maybe some of you need a change!:}

Alice in Blunderland
10-Jan-06, 21:05
Just back from the coop as I needed a few odds and ends.No bread,no chicken breasts hardly any fruit most of the shelves with special offers empty(no bargains to be had) fresh meat in the deli all covered up and no-one serving(I hope they dont leave it there overnight.)I could go on but you will get fed up, managed to get my washing powder and noticed the co-ops own was on offer but there was none on the shelve.To top it all when I went to pay no tills open,a girl slowly ambled over to serve me at the booze and fags counter.I think I will go back and shop next time the big bosses from the south come up as it is always well stocked then and staff are running everywhere,I will point this out to them as the shelves should be filled for the customers not just to look good for the big bosses!

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 21:08
Just back from the coop as I needed a few odds and ends.No bread,no chicken breasts hardly any fruit most of the shelves with special offers empty(no bargains to be had) fresh meat in the deli all covered up and no-one serving(I hope they dont leave it there overnight.)I could go on but you will get fed up, managed to get my washing powder and noticed the co-ops own was on offer but there was none on the shelve.To top it all when I went to pay no tills open,a girl slowly ambled over to serve me at the booze and fags counter.I think I will go back and shop next time the big bosses from the south come up as it is always well stocked then and staff are running everywhere,I will point this out to them as the shelves should be filled for the customers not just to look good for the big bosses!I thought the co-op had a policy, that if they don't have bread or milk, they will give it to you free next time (or something like that).:confused:

melted_wellie
10-Jan-06, 21:10
I thought the co-op had a policy, that if they don't have bread or milk, they will give it to you free next time (or something like that).:confused:no thats blockbuster videos your thinkin about,i mean seriously,what do you expect 10 mins before closing? go earlier in the day before they are sold out of their fresh produce.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 21:14
Just back from the coop as I needed a few odds and ends.No bread,no chicken breasts hardly any fruit most of the shelves with special offers empty(no bargains to be had) fresh meat in the deli all covered up and no-one serving(I hope they dont leave it there overnight.)I could go on but you will get fed up, managed to get my washing powder and noticed the co-ops own was on offer but there was none on the shelve.To top it all when I went to pay no tills open,a girl slowly ambled over to serve me at the booze and fags counter.I think I will go back and shop next time the big bosses from the south come up as it is always well stocked then and staff are running everywhere,I will point this out to them as the shelves should be filled for the customers not just to look good for the big bosses!
It's always the same..fresh fruit their display is dreadfull nothing fresh looking about it.
about the bread if they have none you are entitled to a free one next time that goes for the milk to.

krieve
10-Jan-06, 21:17
It's always the same..fresh fruit their display is dreadfull nothing fresh looking about it.
about the bread if they have none you are entitled to a free one next time that goes for the milk to.
But has anyone ever had there free bread or milk.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 21:18
no thats blockbuster videos your thinkin about,i mean seriously,what do you expect 10 mins before closing? go earlier in the day before they are sold out of their fresh produce.

Sorry Don its like that at anytime of the day, you not been in the coop then?

angela5
10-Jan-06, 21:19
But has anyone ever had there free bread or milk.

No they have'nt krieve..maybe look for that sign again.

melted_wellie
10-Jan-06, 21:20
But has anyone ever had there free bread or milk.the way you lot are going on about it,im surprised their isnt a queue every morning as far as mieklejohns to get the free milk and bread

angela5
10-Jan-06, 21:24
the way you lot are going on about it,im surprised their isnt a queue every morning as far as mieklejohns to get the free milk and bread

so you now agree they are understocked then. Or perhaps you think we all shop ten minutes before closing.

melted_wellie
10-Jan-06, 21:38
so you now agree they are understocked then. Or perhaps you think we all shop ten minutes before closing.im not saying i agree, but i do think your all over reacting. All supermarkets,especially small ones like the coop,are going to run out of fresh produce,and as fresh products are not delivered to the shop untill early next day,ensuring shoppers get fresh products,its hardly likely that they can replenish the stock just before closing.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 21:42
im not saying i agree, but i do think your all over reacting. All supermarkets,especially small ones like the coop,are going to run out of fresh produce,and as fresh products are not delivered to the shop untill early next day,ensuring shoppers get fresh products,its hardly likely that they can replenish the stock just before closing.

Small or not they should ensure fresh products at all times, most working people can't shop until 6 or 7pm. why should they not be offered fresh products.

melted_wellie
10-Jan-06, 21:45
Small or not they should ensure fresh products at all times, most working people can't shop until 6 or 7pm. why should they not be offered fresh products.if your not fast,your last.

cookie
10-Jan-06, 21:46
i think that all three supermarkets in wick are not too bad but i feel you have to look round all three to get good offers.when you do your weekly shopping you end up spending a fortune on your shopping looking round them all for good offers, you end up putting things in the trolly that you don't even need!!

Alice in Blunderland
11-Jan-06, 00:23
Maybe the opening sign should read.....Open between the hours of 8 and 8 fresh produce available between 10 and 4 then we wont be dissapointed.If they are going to offer a service then it shouldnt be a half hearted one or they will lose customers when another store can make sure they have stock Its not as though bread and milk are short dated these days and they are selling them all the time(when theyre on the shelves).

wicker
11-Jan-06, 10:41
I went in last night about 7.20pm and im a happy customer got served no problem, got the stuff i wanted no problem oh and the people in front of me also got electric.

Have all of you actually complained to the management about it rather than gurning on here.
Also when its coming towards the end of your shift in your place of work arent you also the same getting ready to go a good 10 mins before hand and then soon as it hits clocking off time your away.

krieve
11-Jan-06, 11:09
Maybe the opening sign should read.....Open between the hours of 8 and 8 fresh produce available between 10 and 4 then we wont be dissapointed.If they are going to offer a service then it shouldnt be a half hearted one or they will lose customers when another store can make sure they have stock Its not as though bread and milk are short dated these days and they are selling them all the time(when theyre on the shelves).
They will have to buck there ideas up on good customer service or i can't see them lasting long if tesco do come to wick.

Henrik7
11-Jan-06, 11:23
I went in last night about 7.20pm and im a happy customer got served no problem, got the stuff i wanted no problem oh and the people in front of me also got electric.

Have all of you actually complained to the management about it rather than gurning on here.
Also when its coming towards the end of your shift in your place of work arent you also the same getting ready to go a good 10 mins before hand and then soon as it hits clocking off time your away.

I know lot's of people of have complained to which nothing has happened. I've worked in a supermarket before and you got ready to go at 20:00 on the dot, not 10 mins before when there are people still shopping. I know for a fact that young people used to apply for the coop because they were so relaxed, even though the pay was not as great as others.

So do you think it is professional when I find out I have given my son a packet of crips that are two months out of date? I don't want my son to get ill because some of the workers are too lazy, and I don't think I should have to check every date on every item I buy or I'd be there all night.

DW
11-Jan-06, 12:39
If there is all this dissatisfaction then people should write to the Head Office. If complaints have been made locally, and ignored, then you have to go further up the tree.

I know that the coop up here suffers from being at the end of the distribution chain and frequently fail to get deliveries of goods they have requested.

So it may be better if we support the local management by complaining to those who are responsible in senior (mis)management.

telfordstar
11-Jan-06, 12:47
id just like to clear up a few thing i work in the coop and i can tell you for a fact that the shop does not close until the time stated ie 9pm on a thurs and friday night there is an announcement put over 5 mins b4 closing times stating that the store will close in 5 mins its never closed before the closing time stated as for the shelves being empty if you go in late at night they are empty until the delivery comes in in the morning we always try our best to be nice to the customers but there are a select few who make that hard for us by being down right rude to us when we are only doing our jobs i suggest that if you have complaints go and c the manager

skydivvy
11-Jan-06, 13:07
I must say I'm surprised at all these comments. I often shop at the co-op in wick, and have never had any reason to complain.

badger
11-Jan-06, 13:53
I've had problems with both Somerfield and Co-op over outdated goods and have complained, both locally and to head office. They simply don't bother to check properly and this must be down to local management. Fruit and veg. are particularly bad as they sell stuff that is rotten, mouldy, swimming in juice and just shouldn't be on sale even reduced. I asked for smoked mackerel recently in Somerfield as the only one on display was past its date; they didn't have any more and put the one I showed them back! I find most staff friendly and helpful but there are definitely some that couldn't care less. Again this is down to management not training properly. I did once suggest lack of staff might be a reason but was indignantly told this wasn't a problem so really there's no excuse. Maybe someone should send a link to this thread to Co-op head office (or isn't that allowed?)

CHAVEY
11-Jan-06, 18:49
I think you all are sad complaining about a supermarket get a grip and move on who cares really makes the community seem elderly n old fashioned complaining about something little like this

GET A GRIP!!! ALL OF YOU!!!

Chillie
11-Jan-06, 19:03
I think you all are sad complaining about a supermarket get a grip and move on who cares really makes the community seem elderly n old fashioned complaining about something little like this

Why dont you get a grip! there has been well over 60 posts to this thread and we live in this community and we do care so if you have no sensible comments about us in Wick whilst you are in Edinburgh dont bother at all.:mad:

badger
11-Jan-06, 19:35

Maybe you only have a short journey if you need to return bad food and no doubt if one shop in Edinburgh closes earlier than it should there will be another nearby. It's not like that up here where many of us have to travel miles to the nearest supermarket. I choose to live in the country but I do expect the local supermarkets to give good service and maybe some serious competition will make them sit up.

peedie man
11-Jan-06, 19:45
my wife shops at the co-op every week ,she has no complaints whatso ever.she says the staff are friendly and helpful

angela5
11-Jan-06, 19:48

I've got a grip. You live in Edinburgh you have more choice than us living in Caithness, So the young don't complain then. Do you really associate our comments with being old fashioned. I will be moving on (to Tescos).

krieve
11-Jan-06, 20:03
I've got a grip. You live in Edinburgh you have more choice than us living in Caithness, So the young don't complain then. Do you really associate our comments with being old fashioned. I will be moving on (to Tescos).
I will also be doing my shopping at tescos hurry up with it the sooner the better.

ice box
11-Jan-06, 21:24

how many supermakets is there in edinbrugh there must be well over ten and most of them open 24hr a day up here we only have 3 and they shut at 8'oclock so why dont you go and get a grip you drip ....