PDA

View Full Version : Equestrian website

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Sep-08, 08:45
Developing an online equestrian shop.....it's very very very very crude stages at the moment....

please have a look and let me know how I can make it better - what products you'd like to see added.......

http://www.horseshorses.co.uk

I know it's crude and looks very basic..but I want to know what people are really looking for with regards to functionality and products!!

teenybash
26-Sep-08, 11:37
I am well impressed with your website and look forward to seeing it develop. Love the Natural Horsemanship link... you could maybe add a bit of info of your own on the subject to encourage others to click on the link.
You probably have loads of ideas to stock your shop and just to let you know I make horse and pony rhythm beads to order........don't think they are available here.........
Good Luck....you are sure to succeed...............:Razz

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Sep-08, 15:11
What are horse and pony rythmn beads???? do you have a website - do you want to exchange links??? can I put a page on my website for you ??

munron
26-Sep-08, 16:39
I joined (dont know if I was supposed to).

I am hoping to get my own horse shortly and all advice and products available online and locally will be of a great assistance.

It is a pity I didnt see this sooner as I just went and bought jods and boots today as I am going to start lessons again.

I am also hoping to get a pony for the sprog so childrens stuff would be great.

Best of luck in your new venture.

porshiepoo
26-Sep-08, 16:55
I'm currently horseless - boo hoo! But I'm sure that will change soon so I took a look at your site.
Cool! Obviously it's in it's initial stages but you seem to be on the right track.
Keep it simple would be my advice. I for one hate looking at online shops where everything has a category, then a sub - category and then isn't even where you'd think it should be.
If an item comes under more than one description then I'd chuck it into more than one category - sod law says it's never in the one you thought of, it's in the last!

Perhaps you could include info on local (and not so local) events and hacks etc that would be of interest to the local horse community? It could also help with future sales if horsey people are drawn to your site for that type of info???

I joined up too, not sure as i'm supposed to but there you go.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Sep-08, 19:30
Thanks guys yes its fine to join now - except the members area is not particularly organised yet but keep an eye out in the near future....

Have been in touch with a few wholesalers and hope to be getting organised ASAP.

Thanks for your support - suggestions and requests always welcome I will see what I can source for you!!!

cat
27-Sep-08, 13:22
looks good! yeah,i love looking at horsey stuff.i would def get some things for rollo,not that he needs it,but when it arrives it would be fine excuse to come and visit again!!!:lol::lol:
you plannin a shoppy or all mail order??

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-Sep-08, 13:42
all tinterweb based stuff right now - but may make a collection point.....but its small scale at moment!!! I haven't got expertise to fit hats/body protectors or anything so not going to be my market.

**** have now added a classified section & members forum*****

teenybash
27-Sep-08, 16:07
What are horse and pony rythmn beads???? do you have a website - do you want to exchange links??? can I put a page on my website for you ??

Rhythm beads have been used from time imemorium....far, far back in time.
Used by the horsemen of the Arabias, Asia and of course the Native American Indians...all adorned their horses with the rhythmic sounds of beads and bells as well as other trinkets.
Without going on and on what they basically do is put rider and horse into rhythm with each other, giving that special feeling of oneness............two souls blending into one.
They are wonderful for calming the nervous horse or pony and also at the opposite end can add that extra zip.....It goes without saying the healing qualities found within the rhythm of the beads are amazing, I am happy to say, have witnessessed their magic first hand and the horse in question is now happy, healthy and in fine spirits.
The sound of them is absolutely beautiful as a horse/pony trots along....reminds me of Santas sleigh. I should add they are now being used in dressage and can add to the horse and riders overall appearance.
I have a lovely set here which will be going off to Ayrshire...I will post a pic if you are interested.;)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-Sep-08, 16:40
yeah post a pic if you like and if you want email me at horsegear@googlemail.com and I can plug on the site - just let me know what you want to include....

munron
27-Sep-08, 18:34
I dont appear to be a member yet. Do I need to wait for an email when you register?

I certainly hope people use the classifieds as I am looking for a couple of horses - cant wait.

There is a chunky cob on fiona ross's website but I am not sure, but if anyone knows of a chunky monkey looking for a home let me know. I have ridden for years but have never owned my own one, hence all advice will be sought and appreciated.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-Sep-08, 19:40
Hey if you try and sign in with the user name and password you signed up with should let me in!!

Let me know if it doesn't work - maybe I should set up an e-mail saying that people have successfully registered...thanks for that - it's a BIG Learning curve.

Yeah I saw that cob of Fiona's it looks lovely - i've got 2 big chunky monkeys - not the types I used to go for but completely converted now. 14 year old Irish cob mare and 3 and half yo shire x - the boy in the pics!!

teenybash
27-Sep-08, 20:28

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Sep-08, 18:35
Folks it should be sorted for those that registered as members - you should now be able to log in!!

Thanks for your patience!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-Sep-08, 12:49
Please note folks there will not be a shop premises planned in Caithness for my business- it is an internet based shop.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
30-Sep-08, 07:18
3 great lines organised and should be stocked up very shortly.........

Equilibrium , Fuller Fillies, Gold Label............. more to follow....

Great member discounts on first order placed by end of October 08 ..... !!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
04-Oct-08, 13:28
Slowly adding products to shop .....Equilibrium stock NOW IN...... 2 lines on display in online shop - for any products you'd like to find out about but don't see give me a shout....

http://www.horseshorses.co.uk

Rie
12-Oct-08, 11:16
Brilliant idea and nicely set up , will be looking in the future !!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-Oct-08, 21:09
official opening seaview hotel , groats fri 21st nov 6pm and then sat 22nd nov - big range of goods, lab rescue coming, saddle fitter their for advice maybe even somne 2nd hand saddles more details to follow !!