PDA

View Full Version : Tax Rebate - where is it???

gillsib
26-Sep-08, 07:22
Just received this months salary and expected a tax rebate of approx £60. The chancellor announced at the beginning of this month that in September pay, basic tax payers would receive a rebate of approx £60 but theres no difference in mine - have I misunderstood or was it just wishful thinking !!!!!!!!!!

Alice in Blunderland
26-Sep-08, 07:32
Its fuuny you should post this. The girls at work in Raigmore got their pay slips and were complaining that they thought they would be fifty pound better off. :confused

There were a few unhappy folk as they were looking forward to it and to some fifty pound goes a long, long way :)

Westsider3
26-Sep-08, 07:49
I would check your tax code on you new payslip, it should have changed with effect from the 7th of September. Maybe it has not been changed?

northener
26-Sep-08, 07:56
I'd say the same, if you tax code has gone up - you've got the reduction in tax...but you won't get it as a lump sum - it's spread over the course of the tax year.

Ash
26-Sep-08, 08:07
most of bt got back £50

alanatkie
26-Sep-08, 08:25
I got mine back all in one payment - it wasn't spread out

Angela
26-Sep-08, 09:03
I'm pretty sure this payment should be a lump sum this month, with an extra £10 each month for the rest of the tax year.:)

If you've not got the extra money, do check with your employers -sounds as if the person doing the payroll hasn't made the amendment. :(

gillsib
26-Sep-08, 09:09
Thanks for your replys - I checked on the BBC pages when the announcement was made and it was definately a case of a lump sum then approx £10 extra thereafter. I'll check with the payroll people

gillsib
26-Sep-08, 09:59
Just checked with Inland Revenue and my tax code is incorrect - they will sort it and will get any rebate due in October pay !!

balto
26-Sep-08, 11:47
my other half was speaking about this, he thought it was going to be £65.00 not sure how much he got in the end must mind and ask him tonight.

ks
26-Sep-08, 14:22
Just received this months salary and expected a tax rebate of approx £60. The chancellor announced at the beginning of this month that in September pay, basic tax payers would receive a rebate of approx £60 but theres no difference in mine - have I misunderstood or was it just wishful thinking !!!!!!!!!!

It is only tax code L that gets this.

Murdina Bug
27-Sep-08, 11:19
Well I just got my payslip and my tax code has changed from 543L to 603L meaning there has been less PAYE taken off and I am indeed £60 better off this month! Thanks to gillsib for starting this thread as this would have confused me if I had not read it here first:D