PDA

View Full Version : How much would it take!

Angel
25-Sep-08, 22:21
Some-one said to me today if I had won the lottery it would change me at all...
Personally I feel, of course it would, the choice of change is out your hands...

Then I got to thinking... How much money would be your change threshold?

Angel

DeHaviLand
25-Sep-08, 22:55
Change? Simple. Any coins worth less than £1.00 :lol:

Julia
25-Sep-08, 22:59
Just enough for a deposit on a house... not that much really

Gizmo
25-Sep-08, 23:06
Some-one said to me today if I had won the lottery it would change me at all...
Personally I feel, of course it would, the choice of change is out your hands...

Then I got to thinking... How much money would be your change threshold?

Angel

Today i saw an advert for the Euro millions draw where it says that 100 million HAS to be won this weekend, i started thinking to myself that i just wouldnt want the responsibility that kind of money would bring, i wouldnt mind winning a couple of million, it would come in quite handy just now, i dont think a huge win would change me personally, it would certainly change my lifestyle, but not my personality, i think anything over £200000 would have a pretty drastic change on my lifestyle.

JAWS
26-Sep-08, 00:48
I suspect that anybody winning a great deal of money would have no option but to change however much they didn't want to. I would imagine that other people would make the choice for you.

For example, what happens when you go out for an evening with people you know, or even where you are known by others.
There will always be those who, if you allow everybody to pay their own end as normal, will moan you are Tight but if you pick up the whole tab you run the risk of being labelled Flash and of rubbing others noses in it.

Then you have the problem of making new friends when at some point you have to decide if it really is you that they like or is it just the size of your bank balance?

Mind you, I will admit that I am a cynical little swine.

rockchick
26-Sep-08, 08:48
I have often thought that, if I were lucky enough to win the lottery, I would have to keep it a secret, and try to live my life as normally as I do now. My daughter is at an age where if she was aware that she could have anything money could buy she would lose any and all ambition to make something of herself, and I think that would spoil her. I'd like to think that I would be able to just quietly buy property, around the world (depending on how much I won, of course!) and then, when she's finished uni present her with her own house.

I'm lucky enough to be in a job that I enjoy, so wouldn't really want to quit work just yet. Might take some posh vacations tho! Anyhow, that's the idea...by Saturday I might feel a bit different if I've got that 100million in me pocket!

pat
26-Sep-08, 09:08
Agree with Jaws - whatever you did if you did come into lots of cash would be examined very carefully, they will see each and everything having an ulterior motive, even folk who did not know you before you acquired the money will be making judgements.

Personally could not care if folk have money - money is made round to go round, sometimes you would like it to round further, othertimes you have some left over after it has been round.

If I acquired a large sum of money (without the publicity of course) would pass a helping hand of cash to all the folk who have helped me and at present need a little extra to ease lifes path, they would not know where money came from.

If you acquired a large sum of money with publicity, your life would be changed forever, peoples attitude usually changes if they think you have lots of money, dont know why.

Some of the nicest people I have ever known have been extremely wealthy - born to wealth so do not have to worry about money, which is what most people spend their time thinking about.

starry
26-Sep-08, 09:26
I would love enough to sort my life out, buy a house, put some away in the bank so I can stop worrying about my old age and see my kids ok.

Half the attraction of winning a huge amount of money for me is what I could do with it, I would love to surprise people with a big cheque.
I see so many folk doing it all the right way, slogging their guts out and really getting nowhere, it would be brilliant to give them a helping hand.

balto
26-Sep-08, 12:14
just enough money to buy a house, then have enough money to get by on also enough to make sure my kids have a nice nest egg for when they leave home. I would want it kept a secret though as you would gain friends you never knew excisted.

Bad Manners
26-Sep-08, 15:45
It would certainly change your curcumstances and your lifestyle however it should not change your personality. The fact you would be financially secure would ease any worries you could devote more time to doing the things you like to do therfore making you happier and should you wish to give to a cause you could donate what you feel they deserve.
If you have good friends they will remain so if not they maybe are not the friends you thought. If you do win I wish you happiness and the health to enjoy.