PDA

View Full Version : father-in-law

percy toboggan
25-Sep-08, 20:40
Yes! This time next year I'll have a Son-in-Law ! (already have a d-i-l)
I shall have to dig out the auld de-mob suit again.
He appears to be a decent man. A welcome addition.
My daughter is past the first flush of youth and will be forty in three years time.:eek: I am very pleased for her, she deserves a good bloke.

Do you get on with your in-laws?

(p.s. I was a very young father)

balto
25-Sep-08, 20:43
i dont have a father in law as he unfortunatly died when my oh was 13, and as for his mum one thing to say time he cut the apron strings.[lol]

Thumper
25-Sep-08, 20:53
I have had 2 :eek: didnt really get on with the first one but adored the second one,he died not long after I had his grandson which was a shame as he was so delighted to be a grand dad .He was the sort of man who took you as he found you and didnt let anything else cloud his judgement, a rare thing nowadays! I miss him a lot,dont miss his son though :lol: x

golach
25-Sep-08, 21:11
My in laws were great, my Father in law and I were best mates, my Mother in Law and I were pals too, she answered to Old Bat and responded with a slap across the back 'o my head often, but I loved her too, miss them both.

Tighsonas4
25-Sep-08, 21:46
can hardly come in here
we had three of a family and have8 gd children as we lost one when he was only 17 have7 gt gt children
as a family we all get on well together which i take as a blessing tony

JAWS
26-Sep-08, 00:32
My first in-laws were great and I got on with them really well. My second Mother-in-Law, what can I say? OMG, but it wasn't just me, even her own children spent most of their time doing their best avoid her.

joxville
26-Sep-08, 01:16
Ex-mother in law~brill :D Ex-wife~kill :(

PS Only joking, I get on great with my ex.

rockchick
26-Sep-08, 10:46
I get on really well with my ex-in-laws (or out-laws as I call them). We still keep in touch although its been over a decade since their son and I divorced. Unfortunately, my second set of in-laws died years before I met their son, so no luck there.

LMS
26-Sep-08, 15:40
My MIL reads all the posts on Caithness.org, so I had better chip in on this debate. My MIL is a cracker, can't fault her and love her dearly.

nellie
26-Sep-08, 17:59
L.m.s. how lucky you are my daughter-in-law calls me the prophet of doom or battleaxe I forgive her for it all as she is the best

honey
26-Sep-08, 19:00
i love my in-laws. when i first moved to Glasgow i lived with them, and they just accepted me as part of the family. Im really close to my mam and if it wasnt for my in-laws, specially m-i-l, i dont think i would have got throught the first few months of homesicknesses.