PDA

View Full Version : Socks why a pair?

mostlyharmless
25-Sep-08, 15:35
I know this is a strange comment but I think we should give up on sock pairs and just let each foot be an individual in his own right! Think of it as a greater opportunity for a fashion statement, as a time saver to beat all others, as a way of never having to pull together two pieces of cloth from seemingly different dimensions.A step on the road to peace of mind...a new and colourful road.

Sapphire2803
25-Sep-08, 15:36
My daughter is way ahead of you, she will actually split up pairs after I put them together. Strange child...

wifie
25-Sep-08, 15:37
What makes you think this MH? :)

arana negra
25-Sep-08, 15:40
HMMMMM good idea but no good for us Librans we need balance in our lives :lol: another solution is to buy them ALL the same colour !

mostlyharmless
25-Sep-08, 15:43
Maybe its the desire within my feet to be different, or maybe my left foot really doesnt want to be associated with my right, every foot has a right to be individual. Maybe a hidden desire to be more colourful than parallel, or maybe a hope to save the world vast resources by aimlessly washing odd socks...who knows.

trix
25-Sep-08, 15:49
i da hev much choice in 'e matter....ma washin machine eats ma socks at random an leaves me wi odds, 'e whole time!

i cana un'erstan'ed, i live by masel :confused

tigger2u
25-Sep-08, 15:49
I know this is a strange comment but I think we should give up on sock pairs and just let each foot be an individual in his own right! Think of it as a greater opportunity for a fashion statement, as a time saver to beat all others, as a way of never having to pull together two pieces of cloth from seemingly different dimensions.A step on the road to peace of mind...a new and colourful road.

I think the sock pixies are already doing this job for us and steering us in the ways of the pixies. It is them that dives into our washing machines and tumble tryers splitting up the socks so that even though you had 5 pairs put in, you seem to end up with 4 pairs and an odd one.

the pixies eat them I think !

Gizmo
25-Sep-08, 15:51
i da hev much choice in 'e matter....ma washin machine eats ma socks at random an leaves me wi odds, 'e whole time!

i cana un'erstan'ed, i live by masel :confused

It's the 'Underpants Gnomes'....they do socks as well, they're always pinchin mine...Grrrrrrr :)

joxville
25-Sep-08, 15:55
All my socks are Wilson branded, blacks in one drawer and whites in another. So whichever I decide to wear I always have a pair without having to search for the match.

Forgot to say, I have a third drawer for when the black socks get discoloured, they go into that drawer and I use those ones for work. Also, regardless of colour, whenever a sock gets a hole in it I only need to throw away one sock-eventually another one will get a hole giving an even number again.

trix
25-Sep-08, 15:55
gnomes...pixies.....[evil]

they li'l s.....

trix
25-Sep-08, 15:57
All my socks are Wilson branded, blacks in one drawer and whites in another. So whichever I decide to wear I always have a pair without having to search for the match.

guid thinkin batman!

think il take a 'sock oot o' yer drawer' as opposed til a 'leaf oot o' yer book' [lol]

DeHaviLand
25-Sep-08, 16:13

Forgot to say, I have a third drawer for when the black socks get discoloured, they go into that drawer and I use those ones for work. Also, regardless of colour, whenever a sock gets a hole in it I only need to throw away one sock-eventually another one will get a hole giving an even number again.

You wear white socks? How very 1980's of you!:lol:

trix
25-Sep-08, 16:16

[lol] laughin ma (little) ass off [lol]

canuck
25-Sep-08, 16:19
Sock pairs are somewhat lost on me right now. I have 2 white ones that I can wear on my right foot to match the white cast on my left leg. It seems that no matter the jazzy look of stripes or polka dots, my socks are the last thing anyone notices about my feet these days. :)

trix
25-Sep-08, 16:24
Sock pairs are somewhat lost on me right now. I have 2 white ones that I can wear on my right foot to match the white cast on my left leg. It seems that no matter the jazzy look of stripes or polka dots, my socks are the last thing anyone notices about my feet these days. :)

ats a poor attitude til take canuck...

put yer best foot forward an keep up those funky polka dots an jazzy stripes ;)

i hope ye get better soon.

balto
25-Sep-08, 16:27
the amount of odd sock i have in my house we could easily have a different sock per foot, especially the 2 oldest and my other half, dont know what happens to they think i have a sock eater monster somewhere, didi think it would be the washing machine but surly it would be full up by now, nothing more annoying.

mostlyharmless
25-Sep-08, 16:35
those odd socks get thrown away..[or turn into a discoloured tee shirt you've never seen before] what a waste..the making,the washing,the recycling or burying!!
What must it be like looking through the recycling clothes bin endless odd socks!
No it must be stopped a mindless waste of time, energy and washing powder ban socks as a pair I say and save the world! or is that the cheerleaders job?

joxville
25-Sep-08, 16:37

Lol. I also went through that phase in the 80's when it was fashionable not to wear socks.

God, I'm showing my age

balto
25-Sep-08, 16:42
those odd socks get thrown away..[or turn into a discoloured tee shirt you've never seen before] what a waste..the making,the washing,the recycling or burying!!
What must it be like looking through the recycling clothes bin endless odd socks!
No it must be stopped a mindless waste of time, energy and washing powder ban socks as a pair I say and save the world! or is that the cheerleaders job?
they should make every sock the same color as it wouldnt matter if the partner got lost there will always be a willing partner to take its place, a bit like in life lol[lol][lol]

dirdyweeker
25-Sep-08, 17:20

My daughter has never worn a pair of socks for 2 years. She deliberately wears non matching through choice. On the other hand....my son only owns grey socks so he hasn't a problem either. What a pair!!:lol:

Moonboots
25-Sep-08, 18:06
I dont even understand what the word pair is in my house!!! Every sock i try to get together seems to vanish once more before they even get on my feet.

Liz
25-Sep-08, 18:07
Mr Motivator used to wear odd socks. Not sure whether it was a fashion statement or he just couldn't find a pair?!:lol:

Mine usually end up odd because my dog keeps chewing them! I now buy them in all in black.:confused

wifie
25-Sep-08, 23:43
I think the sock pixies are already doing this job for us and steering us in the ways of the pixies. It is them that dives into our washing machines and tumble tryers splitting up the socks so that even though you had 5 pairs put in, you seem to end up with 4 pairs and an odd one.

the pixies eat them I think !

Nah where do you think pixies get their wee hats?! :)

Never mind loads of socks thats loads of drawers! :eek:

BTW stop blamin the washing machine - buy a wee net bag to sling yer smalls in and make sure they are pairs before they go in! :)

kriklah
26-Sep-08, 07:08
so i gather im not the only one with the large never emptying bag of odd socks, which comes out every laundry sorting session in the hopes that some of them will be reunited with its pair. even after ive turned the kids rooms upside down and retreived every item of clothing that has crawled off by itself and sits growling at me from under the bed, and washed the lot, that bag of odds still sits there, loath to throw out just incase the matchings show up eventually. ive even got a couple of odd socks that moved house with us 5 years ago!! well the other sock had to be in the old house somewhere, so really should have turned up, but alas, never been found. why i keep them i dont know, but guarruntied if i though out the odds, the other one will show up days later!!

balto
26-Sep-08, 12:26
i keep all the odd socks in a bag and keep it for about a month and if the partner for any hasnt turned up by then, then the bag gets chucked.

trix
26-Sep-08, 13:19
i keep all the odd socks in a bag and keep it for about a month and if the partner for any hasnt turned up by then, then the bag gets chucked.

oh ye hev got so much discipline :lol: