PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Berriedale @ Berriedale

Andrew
09-Jan-06, 20:44
Just popped in to the cafe at Berriedale the other night on the way back home - great home cooking and decent price too. fish and chips was beautiful

well worth a visit !

Sandra_B
09-Jan-06, 22:06
Where abouts is the cafe?

Fran
10-Jan-06, 01:32
Its at the bottom of Berriedale Braes

angela5
10-Jan-06, 15:41
I must give that a try when i am on my way back up the road sometime.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 21:55
It's worth popping into..

Stargazer
10-Jan-06, 23:53
I stopped off there two weeks ago for a early tea. Ordered Chilli, they warned it was hot . It was! Great!

spiggie
11-Jan-06, 01:26
Don't suppose that you know what the opening times are?

Rheghead
11-Jan-06, 01:45
I stopped off there two weeks ago for a early tea. Ordered Chilli, they warned it was hot . It was! Great!

Great! There is nowt worse than ordering a chillie to find it's not hot. Those that order chillie want it hot, those that don't order chillie don't like it hot so why do some places try to compromise the heat? :)

I will try it thanks!

connieb19
11-Jan-06, 01:50
Great! There is nowt worse than ordering a chillie to find it's not hot. Those that order chillie want it hot, those that don't order chillie don't like it hot so why do some places try to compromise the heat? :)

I will try it thanks!Why is chillie on hardly any menus up here? I don't think i've seen it anywhere. I might just have to take a trip to Berriedale one of these days!!:)

golach
11-Jan-06, 12:07

I will try it thanks!

Rheghead, if you like hot chilli and are ever in Dundee try the Phoenix Bar in the Nethergate, when ordering the staff will ask you if you have tried it before to warn you that their Chilli is not quote "Red Mince" and beleive me it is the hottest I have ever tasted

rfr10
13-Jan-06, 22:14
Staff are very polite aswell.

krieve
13-Jan-06, 23:15
I have been to the cafe at berridale it very good and friendly staff.

jings00
16-Jan-06, 17:22
aye i have to agree, nice folk who are runnin it and the scoff is decent, decent prices too.

Karaoke Queen
17-Jan-06, 13:45
Yep decent food at decent prices. The coffee is awful though. Some kind of cheap nasty instant stuff!

watman
18-Jan-06, 18:00
My wife and I were in Berriedale cafe about a year ago and it was awful! We ordered homemade tomato soup and when it arrived it was obviously tinned soup. The cafe was freezing we had to ask for the heating to be put on and the place was very dingy looking and was full of things for sale that looked like they had just raided some old wifies attic. We certainly wont be going back in unless the place has had a dramatic turnaround since.

sjr014
19-Jan-06, 12:03
It is new folk that have it now!

paris
19-Jan-06, 21:07
Used to be the family from Andys cafe in lybster( the cross) who owned it but i think they moved on , i may be wrong.

cuddlepop
19-Jan-06, 21:46
We went in for coffee last month ,coffee was like dish water.Staff were sitting round one of the tables,place was empty.We wont go back, the place just didn't feel right[para]

Razz
26-Jan-06, 15:34
They serve a good Chilli at the Croft in Melvich