PDA

View Full Version : stephen/stiven/steven? search

tanyastephen
07-Jul-03, 17:39
I am trying to trace my family tree my g g grandfather charles stephen married mary mcburnie irving 1925 in glasgow his parents names were Alexander Stephen (born caithness wick 25/3/1864) occ tailor died 1940 maryhill glasgow..his wife? was Jeanie/janette? but I can't find any marriage cert for them. his father's name was john Stephen (or steven/stiven) mother Elizabeth horne ...but can only find a marriage cert for john stiven/steven occ boat builder elizabeth horne married 26/2/1858 John Stiven/steven father? William Stiven/steven married marjory miller 1824...any information about my family line stephen/stiven/steven and if there is any living relatives in or around wick would be very much appreciated

Georgina
23-Jul-03, 05:15
My Steven family are from Wick also and I do have quite a bit of info on them. Could you email me at georginasteven@hotmail.com and I shall send it on to you. I am in Australia.
Georgina.

Georgina
16-Sep-06, 22:29
Are you still looking for info on Alexander Steven born 1864?
His parents John Steven and Elizabeth Horne married 1858 had 6 children . Elizabeth died and John Steven married Sutherland Miller in 1875 and had 5 children.
We have been in contact before, but don't have your email address.Like to hear from you.
Georgina

Janet
17-Sep-06, 15:15
I have a similar interest in the STEPHEN family but in Kincardineshire, at least that's where Isobel STEPHEN was born.

As a matter of interest I found her marriage under the name of STEVEN. It's worth checking for exact spelling because for some reason IGI excluded it in its variable.s.

Isobel was one of, apparently 10 siblings, though I have only found five that I am prepared to rely upon.

Alexander STEPHEN ch 11.4.1785
William STEPHEN 15.9.1786
Jean STEPHEN 1.9.1789
George Stephen 27.5.1791
Isobel STEPHEN 3.4.1795

Isobel STEPHEN married William SHERET on 14.12.1822 and farmed at Mains of Glenfarquhar.

caroline
17-Sep-06, 18:44
Descend from John Steven married to Elizabeth Horne sister Margaret Steven if you are interested will send you a p.m.

Janet
17-Sep-06, 18:56
Do you think you have a match with the names I gave earlier please and if so, how?

caroline
17-Sep-06, 19:06
Hi Janet

The message was really for Tanya. I will look up my info later and try and connect.

Caroline